would

> move to that permanent abode, the eternal house of God. "

>

HARIOM.Lord Says In GITA:NA JAYATE MRIYATE VA....Let's keep in

mind.PRABHA

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna!!

"Scriptures, like a signboard, point the way; in order to reach the destination, we have to follow the instructions and move forward, not stand reading the board again and again."

Guest guest

How can someone compare the Shastras to a Signboard? The following verses help to indicate the actual status of the scriptures. Always Chanting Krsna's Glories means constant repetition. How can you converse about KRSNA unless you are costantly quoting the Sastras? Can a signboard purify the heart? The last verse says that by constant attendence in the classes of Srimad Bhagavatam ones heart is purified. The SASTRAS are an "incarnation of Krsna" in the age of Kali.

Bhagavad Gita:

Chapter 8 Text 14

satatam kirtayanto mam yatantas ca drdha-vratah namasyantas ca mam bhaktya nitya-yukta upasate

SYNONYMS

satatam--always; kirtayantah--chanting; mam--Me; yatantah ca--fully endeavoring also; drdha-vratah--with determination; namasyantah ca--offering obeisances; mam--unto Me; bhaktya--in devotion; nitya-yuktah--perpetually engaged; upasate--worship.

TRANSLATION

Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion.

Chapter 10.

TEXT 9

mac-citta mad-gata-prana bodhayantah parasparam kathayantas ca mam nityam tusyanti ca ramanti ca

SYNONYMS

mat-cittah--minds fully engaged in Me; mat-gata-pranah--lives devoted to the service of Krsna; bodhayantah--preaching; parasparam--among themselves; kathayantah ca--talking also; mam--about Me; nityam--perpetually; tusyanti--are pleased; ca--also; ramanti--enjoy transcendental bliss; ca--also.

TRANSLATION

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

Srimad Bhagavatam

śṛṇvatāḿ sva-kathāḥ kṛṣṇaḥ

puṇya-śravaṇa-kīrtanaḥ

hṛdy antaḥ stho hy abhadrāṇi

vidhunoti suhṛt satām

SYNONYMS

śṛṇvatām — those who have developed the urge to hear the message of; sva-kathāḥ — His own words; kṛṣṇaḥ — the Personality of Godhead; puṇya — virtues; śravaṇa — hearing; kīrtanaḥ — chanting; hṛdi antaḥ sthaḥ — within one's heart; hi — certainly; abhadrāṇi — desire to enjoy matter; vidhunoti — cleanses; suhṛt — benefactor; satām — of the truthful.

TRANSLATION

Śrī Kṛṣṇa, the Personality of Godhead, who is the Paramātmā [supersoul] in everyone's heart and the benefactor of the truthful devotee, cleanses desire for material enjoyment from the heart of the devotee who has developed the urge to hear His messages, which are in themselves virtuous when properly heard and chanted.

naṣṭa-prāyeṣv abhadreṣu

nityaḿ bhāgavata-sevayā

bhagavaty uttama-śloke

bhaktir bhavati naiṣṭhikī

SYNONYMS

naṣṭa — destroyed; prāyeṣu — almost to nil; abhadreṣu — all that is inauspicious; nityam — regularly; bhāgavata — Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, or the pure devotee; sevayā — by serving; bhagavati — unto the Personality of Godhead; uttama — transcendental; śloke — prayers; bhaktiḥ — loving service; bhavati — comes into being; naiṣṭhikī — irrevocable.

TRANSLATION

By regular attendance in classes on the Bhāgavatam and by rendering of service to the pure devotee, all that is troublesome to the heart is almost completely destroyed, and loving service unto the Personality of Godhead, who is praised with transcendental songs, is established as an irrevocable fact.

"aniyan_ap" <aniyan_ap To: Subject: QuoteMon, 11 Jun 2007 05:32:27 -0000

Jai Sreekrishna!!

"Scriptures, like a signboard, point the way; in order to reach the destination, we have to follow the instructions and move forward, not stand reading the board again and again."

PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail.

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna!! I think 'signboard' means 'that which functions as giving direction of'. By saying that 'Always chanting My glories, endeavouring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion", is He not giving us a direction as to how to lead our lives? Jai Sreekrishna!! Stephen Silberman <srs8 wrote: How can

someone compare the Shastras to a Signboard? The following verses help to indicate the actual status of the scriptures. Always Chanting Krsna's Glories means constant repetition. How can you converse about KRSNA unless you are costantly quoting the Sastras? Can a signboard purify the heart? The last verse says that by constant attendence in the classes of Srimad Bhagavatam ones heart is purified. The SASTRAS are an "incarnation of Krsna" in the age of Kali. Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 8 Text

14 satatam kirtayanto mam yatantas ca drdha-vratah namasyantas ca mam bhaktya nitya-yukta upasate SYNONYMS satatam--always; kirtayantah--chanting;

mam--Me; yatantah ca--fully endeavoring also; drdha-vratah--with determination; namasyantah ca--offering obeisances; mam--unto Me; bhaktya--in devotion; nitya-yuktah--perpetually engaged; upasate--worship. TRANSLATION Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion. Chapter 10. TEXT 9 mac-citta mad-gata-prana bodhayantah parasparam kathayantas ca mam nityam tusyanti ca ramanti ca SYNONYMS mat-cittah--minds fully engaged in Me; mat-gata-pranah--lives devoted to the service of Krsna; bodhayantah--preaching; parasparam--among themselves; kathayantah ca--talking also; mam--about Me; nityam--perpetually; tusyanti--are pleased; ca--also; ramanti--enjoy transcendental bliss; ca--also. TRANSLATION The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me. Srimad Bhagavatam śṛṇvatāḿ sva-kathāḥ kṛṣṇaḥ puṇya-śravaṇa-kīrtanaḥ hṛdy antaḥ stho hy abhadrāṇi vidhunoti suhṛt satām SYNONYMS śṛṇvatām — those who have developed the urge to hear the message of; sva-kathāḥ — His own words; kṛṣṇaḥ — the Personality of Godhead; puṇya — virtues; śravaṇa — hearing; kīrtanaḥ — chanting; hṛdi antaḥ sthaḥ — within one's heart; hi — certainly; abhadrāṇi — desire to enjoy matter; vidhunoti — cleanses; suhṛt — benefactor; satām — of the truthful. TRANSLATION Śrī Kṛṣṇa, the Personality of

Godhead, who is the Paramātmā [supersoul] in everyone's heart and the benefactor of the truthful devotee, cleanses desire for material enjoyment from the heart of the devotee who has developed the urge to hear His messages, which are in themselves virtuous when properly heard and chanted. naṣṭa-prāyeṣv abhadreṣu nityaḿ bhāgavata-sevayā bhagavaty uttama-śloke bhaktir bhavati naiṣṭhikī SYNONYMS naṣṭa — destroyed; prāyeṣu — almost to nil; abhadreṣu — all that is inauspicious; nityam — regularly; bhāgavata

— Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, or the pure devotee; sevayā — by serving; bhagavati — unto the Personality of Godhead; uttama —

transcendental; śloke — prayers; bhaktiḥ — loving service; bhavati — comes into being; naiṣṭhikī — irrevocable. TRANSLATION By regular attendance in classes on the Bhāgavatam and by rendering of service to the pure devotee, all that is troublesome to the heart is almost completely destroyed, and loving service unto the Personality of Godhead, who is praised with transcendental songs, is established as an irrevocable fact. "aniyan_ap" <aniyan_ap > To: Subject: QuoteMon, 11 Jun 2007

05:32:27 -0000 Jai Sreekrishna!! "Scriptures, like a signboard, point the way; in order to reach the destination, we have to follow the instructions and move forward, not stand reading the board again and again." PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail.

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!