IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: When we do not die, then why the fear of death ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krsna "Avinashi tu tatdvidhi yen sarvamidam tatam; vinaashamvyayasyaas ya ne kachitkartumharti> ' (Gita 2:17) Gita says - "Know that to be non perishable, by which all this world is pervaded. None can bring about the destruction of the indestructible. " (Gita 2:17) Immortal will always remain immortal, while the perishable will remain perishable. The perishable is not our real Self. If we put on a shirt, does the shirt become our real Self? Just as we are different from the clothes we wear, in the same manner, we are different from the different bodies we wear. The Self is immortal, while the physical body is perishable. If we give importance to this understanding, this discriminative knowledge (vivek), then fear of death will come to an end. When we do not die, then why the fear of death ? And that which is dying all the time, then why the desire to keep it alive? What can be a greater joy than that by

which our sorrow, grief, lamentation and burning sensation come to an end? This type of gain is not attained by money. In a matter of a single day, millions of dollars and empires can get separated from us. By listening to our inner voice, we will find out that joy is within. By presuming our existence in the physical body, we start to make statements such as I am old, I am sick, I have become weak etc. When we acquire wealth, we believe we are rich, when we lose money, we feel we are poor. All this is due to our identity with the body, wealth etc. When anger arises, we say we are angry. Think about this, does the anger exist at all times and for all ? Then how does it arise in me? When a dog enters our house, does it become the owner of the house? Similarly when anger manifest, am the one who is the angry person? Anger comes and goes, but I exist eternally. A place changes, times change, objects change, circumstances change, incidents change, events

change, but I exist at all times, eternally. Let us always be aware of this ever existing Self. From "Discovery of Truth and Immortality" in English pg 112 by Swami Ramsukhdasji.

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Mail Q&A for great tips from Answers users.