IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Surrender Completely to God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krsna. The secret of taking complete refuge in God is not looking towards any qualities or flaws in ourselves. After taking refuge in God, a devotee should not even have thoughts such as - my body should be like this, my intellect should be like this, my mind should be like this, I should be able to meditate deeply, my intentions and feelings must be pure, I must have distinctive qualities, my behavior must be perfect, I should have the kind of love for God where tears flow and voice tremors and chokes with emotions on hearing about Him. A devotee should not doubt that since such feelings and expressions have not arisen in him, thereforecould he truly be surrendered to God? Such conversations are not tests of exclusive refuge in God. The one who has completely surrendered to God, he does not even take notice of any such thing even in his dreams, because in his eyes, such things are nothing but useless baggage,

that he does not need to carry with him. God shares the qualities of a true devotee in the Gita 'Adveshta sarva bhutaanaam maitreha karuna evacha, nirmamoha nirahankara samdukha sukhakshami. ' etc. (Gita 12:13-19). So a doubt may arise that such qualities have not come in me ? The point here is that if you begin to see qualities of a true devotee in you, you are likely to become arrogant, whereas if you do not see these qualities, you will become dejected. Therefore after taking refuge in God, one should not look towards these qualities even by mistake. But one must not confuse and misunderstand the meaning of what is being said here. This absolutely does not mean that it is OK to go ahead and engage in hostility –antagonism, hatred, attachment, or whatever one pleases. The point here is that the attention should simply not go to the qualities. A devotee that has taken refuge in God, all good qualities will come to him naturally and on their own.

However whether they come or go away, should be of no concern to the devotee. By all this the Lord is telling us clearly that at no time must we test our surrender to Him(sharanagati) .

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.