IndiaDivine.org

Just Chant Harinaam!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The Aditya Purana declares :- "Singing of the Name of Hari will fetch in this life virtue, destroy all

sins, bestow all one's desires, in this life and in after life lead to Moksha."

The Brahamanand Purana explains the Power of the Name:- "All the fourteen Lokas cannot commit as much

sin as what a single Name of God can destroy."

The Vishnu Purana considers the people of Kali Yuga luckiest, for through Namasmarana they can attain

what people in Krita could get through contemplation, in Treta through Yagna and in Dwapara through

Puja.

In the Padma Purana Lord Shiva Himself Promises:- ­"The direct vision of God Himself to any sadhaka who

incessantly repeats the Name."

In the Adi Purana Lord Krishna says :- "I do not dwell in Vaikuntha, or in the hearts of Yogins. I

stand there where my devotees sing My Name."

The Upanishads have stated :- 'Poojakotisamam stotram, strotrs kotisama Japah'. That is equal to crores

of strotras, which are themselves crores of times more potent than the Pooja of the Lord.

Even the Sukhmani - the holy book of the Sikhs considers the praising of the Name as the highest of all

practises for it simultaneously slakes the desires of the restless mind and imparts an all seeing

vision. Death loses its terror and Nama helps the soul through the valley of death.

Sri Chaithanya Mahaprabhu, that harbinger of Light and Love, that greatest exponent of Bhakti, in a

beautiful poem says :-"O Children of men ! I too sea­rched from end to end I searched; I did not find !

Then with Nama, the Nama alone, I went into the heart and then I saw the Beloved."

HARER NAMA HARE NAMA HARER NAMAIVA KEVALAM

KALAU NASTI EVA NASTI EVA NASTI EVA GATIR ANYATHA

In this age of quarrels and Hypocrisy(Kaliyuga)

There is no faster means than chanting the Holy name of Hari and Hari alone.