IndiaDivine.org

Sometimes Krishna can test us through our opinions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear readers,

I am writing this after noticing some discord over the posting of

some messages pertaining to Sai Baba. Here I have to make some points

clear as it is my duty as a moderator to do so.

We must not be arrogant that we are Krishna Bhaktas. Arrogance will

only lead to a downfall, nothing else.In Krishna's world there are no

water-tight compartments for Krishna Bhakti, and Siva Bhakti. Krishna

himself loves Lord Siva so much more than we can ever imagine.

Have you not read the wonderful story of Lord Aiyappa, the son of

Lord Vishnu and Lord Siva? Here Lord Vishnu was the mother(Mohini),

and Lord Siva was the father, and the son they together had was Lord

Aiyappa. So for those who have devotion towards the father (Lord

Siva), it is right if they do not show respect to the mother(Lord

Vishnu)? That would be a sorry state of affairs. Tolerance is

essential in spiritual practice, we cannot cut someone off by telling

them to go somewhere else and perform their Bhakti.The Bhakti is not

considered pure, if we disrespect Lord Siva, who is a Param

Vaishnava. Lord Siva has also been positioned as one of the four

Mukundas, the giver of liberation. Lord Krishna accepts Lord Siva's

decisions with great respect always.During the Mahabharata, it was

Lord Hanuman, the 11th Maharudra incarnation of Lord Siva, who sat on

the top of the chariot driven by Krishna, till the time the chariot

was finally dissolved by the mystic power of Lord Krishna. Lord Siva

is always with lord krishna, make no mistake in understanding this.

Without Siva's mercy even Krishna might reject us and send us back to

Lord Siva to apologise.. So we must desist from finding faults in

others, and let everyone perform their respective duties in devotion

to the chosen deities. Already this point has been made clear in the

group, and if even then someone does not take the hint, the only

recourse is to remind gently again and again the message of Lord

Krishna in Chapter 7, text 21:-

yo yo yam yam tanum bhaktah

sraddhayarcitum icchati

tasya tasyacalam sraddham

tam eva vidadhamy aham

TRANSLATION

I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to

worship the demigods, I make his faith steady so that he can devote

himself to some particular deity.

Also please read message # 2951 (titled :- As soon as one desires to

worship the demigods......) which has been posted earlier, to prevent

this type of argument from taking root in our reader's minds.We wish

you all plenty of peace and may the wisdom of pure bhakti arise in

the hearts of our readers.

Jai Sri Krishna.

Hari Om!

I wanted to respond to this topic earlier, but waited hoping that this discussion will simply go away.

I am first Krishna Premi (Bhakta) and then I worship Lord Vishnu, Ram, Hanuman, Ma Laxshmi, Saraswati, Durga, Varahi, and Lord Shiva. It would be foolish for anyone to think they are different from one another. These are different names of the same one "Him". In the past I have visited few times Church, Gurudwara, Temples, Sai group bhajans, and once a Masjid. We can learn the good things from each religion and ignore the bad (or not important) things.

Here I agree with Sanjeev and I also agree with Archana (Aug 12th email). How?

According to Sanjeev, we should be passionate to others and not be arrogant. How can we always be like that and still run the normal business. A typical dilemma that Bhagwan Krishna solves in Bhagwat Geeta in most of the text.

Archana said how she felt correctly, except not tactfully (as Krishna would have done). As the name says.. group, mainly should reflect the past time of Krishna and the side discussion by devotees to understand better.

I would like to request Sai Ram, to start a similar , if not already done and continue discussion. Sai Ram, imagine in your home, if someone puts fresh vegetables and fruits in the bathroom cabinet instead of placing in the kitchen closet, or put soap and detergent in the kitchen closet next to vegetable, how would you feel. It is same situation here, we keep Krishna Bhakti related topics on this group and Sai discussion on your new group and not mix with each other. They both are important just like detergent and vegetables, they all are good in their own place and have respect. Sai and other non Krishna devotees, I hope the message is clear.

With Best Regards,

- Jagdish Madhav

-

sanjeev

Monday, August 13, 2007 6:02 AM

Sometimes Krishna can test us through our opinions

Dear readers,I am writing this after noticing some discord over the posting of some messages pertaining to Sai Baba. Here I have to make some points clear as it is my duty as a moderator to do so.We must not be arrogant that we are Krishna Bhaktas. Arrogance will only lead to a downfall, nothing else.In Krishna's world there are no water-tight compartments for Krishna Bhakti, and Siva Bhakti. Krishna himself loves Lord Siva so much more than we can ever imagine.Have you not read the wonderful story of Lord Aiyappa, the son of Lord Vishnu and Lord Siva? Here Lord Vishnu was the mother(Mohini), and Lord Siva was the father, and the son they together had was Lord Aiyappa. So for those who have devotion towards the father (Lord Siva), it is right if they do not show respect to the mother(Lord Vishnu)? That would be a sorry state of affairs. Tolerance is essential in spiritual practice, we cannot cut someone off by telling them to go somewhere else and perform their Bhakti.The Bhakti is not considered pure, if we disrespect Lord Siva, who is a Param Vaishnava. Lord Siva has also been positioned as one of the four Mukundas, the giver of liberation. Lord Krishna accepts Lord Siva's decisions with great respect always.During the Mahabharata, it was Lord Hanuman, the 11th Maharudra incarnation of Lord Siva, who sat on the top of the chariot driven by Krishna, till the time the chariot was finally dissolved by the mystic power of Lord Krishna. Lord Siva is always with lord krishna, make no mistake in understanding this.Without Siva's mercy even Krishna might reject us and send us back to Lord Siva to apologise.. So we must desist from finding faults in others, and let everyone perform their respective duties in devotion to the chosen deities. Already this point has been made clear in the group, and if even then someone does not take the hint, the only recourse is to remind gently again and again the message of Lord Krishna in Chapter 7, text 21:-yo yo yam yam tanum bhaktah sraddhayarcitum icchati tasya tasyacalam sraddham tam eva vidadhamy ahamTRANSLATION I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship the demigods, I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to some particular deity. Also please read message # 2951 (titled :- As soon as one desires to worship the demigods......) which has been posted earlier, to prevent this type of argument from taking root in our reader's minds.We wish you all plenty of peace and may the wisdom of pure bhakti arise in the hearts of our readers.Jai Sri Krishna.