IndiaDivine.org

How to progress in Krishna Consciousness !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! In my humble opinion, the key to Krishna consciousness is to take 'saranaagati' ( total refuge) in Bhagavan Sri Krishna and perform all spiritual and worldly activities as a service to Him

.. One should chant Krishna's names as much as possible to clear the dirt accumulated in his heart . While daily bathing is necessary for physical hygeine , daily chanting of Krishna's names is a must to have spiritual hygeine . Krishna's names are so powerful that , gradually Bhagavan Himself will enlighten such a sincere person by providing the needful such as a suitable Guru . One's character depends a lot on the food he consumes . Vegetarian food is 'sattvic' ( in the mode of goodness) . It causes pious thinking , devotion to Bhagavan and the resulting peace of mind . On the

other hand , meat eating is 'tamasvic'( in the mode of ignorance) and it causes violent thoughts , lust , jealousy . atheism and depression . Please Chant : Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare And Be Happy. Krishnadaya. --------- "purpleveg" <purpleveg Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:34 am vegan guru Haribol I am considering finding a guru to further my path toward Krsna Consciousness. I am vegan and although I'm sure many feel dairy is a prescribed part of a Vaisnava diet Idon't. I am not here to argue the point just stating how I feel. I feel that a guru shouldunderstand this and be on the same wavelength as I yet MUCH more advanced.Ok long winded way to ask does anyone here know of a vegan guru?Any information would be greatly appreciated. Peace,Reggie

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.

Hare Krsna,

Why didn't my post just post on the board by itself?

I thank you for your reply.

I already chant 16 rounds and like I said eat a vegan diet. So forgive me but I

do not

understand why you would mention all that you did about character and what they

consume.

I would like to find a guru to help guide me further than I can go myself.

That, from what I

believe and have heard from many others (in addition to reading Prabhupada's

writings) is

most helpful. Isn't that why guru's exist?

So, I ask again to the many many people in this group if anyone knows of a vegan

guru,

please let me know.

Peace,

Reggie

, Krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:

>

> Hare Krishna !

>

> In my humble opinion, the key to Krishna consciousness is to take

'saranaagati' ( total

refuge) in Bhagavan Sri Krishna and perform all spiritual and worldly

activities as a service

to Him . One should chant Krishna's names as much as possible to clear the dirt

accumulated in his heart . While daily bathing is necessary for physical hygeine

, daily

chanting of Krishna's names is a must to have spiritual hygeine . Krishna's

names are so

powerful that , gradually Bhagavan Himself will enlighten such a sincere person

by

providing the needful such as a suitable Guru .

>

> One's character depends a lot on the food he consumes . Vegetarian food is

'sattvic' ( in the mode of goodness) . It causes pious thinking , devotion to

Bhagavan and

the resulting peace of mind . On the other hand , meat eating is 'tamasvic'(

in the mode

of ignorance) and it causes violent thoughts , lust , jealousy . atheism and

depression .

>

> Please Chant :

>

> Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

> Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

>

> And Be Happy.

>

> Krishnadaya.

>

---------

> " purpleveg " <purpleveg

> Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:34 am

> vegan guru

>

>

> Haribol

>

> I am considering finding a guru to further my path toward Krsna Consciousness.

> I am vegan and although I'm sure many feel dairy is a prescribed part of a

Vaisnava diet

I

> don't. I am not here to argue the point just stating how I feel. I feel that

a guru should

> understand this and be on the same wavelength as I yet MUCH more advanced.

> Ok long winded way to ask does anyone here know of a vegan guru?

> Any information would be greatly appreciated.

>

> Peace,

> Reggie

>

>

>

>

> Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car

Finder tool.

>

Reggie,

Picking a guru is not a fashion. You do not PICK a guru to YOUR fancy. Actually, the disciple must be picked by the guru. When Krsna sees that you are serious about surrender, then he sends a guru. Concentrate on being qualified and then Krsna will fulfil your desire for a guru.

Sincerely,

Syamakunda Das

From: purplevegDate: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:10:14 +0000 Re: How to progress in Krishna Consciousness !

Hare Krsna,Why didn't my post just post on the board by itself?I thank you for your reply. I already chant 16 rounds and like I said eat a vegan diet. So forgive me but I do not understand why you would mention all that you did about character and what they consume.I would like to find a guru to help guide me further than I can go myself. That, from what I believe and have heard from many others (in addition to reading Prabhupada's writings) is most helpful. Isn't that why guru's exist?So, I ask again to the many many people in this group if anyone knows of a vegan guru, please let me know.Peace,Reggie , Krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:>> Hare Krishna !> > In my humble opinion, the key to Krishna consciousness is to take 'saranaagati' ( total refuge) in Bhagavan Sri Krishna and perform all spiritual and worldly activities as a service to Him . One should chant Krishna's names as much as possible to clear the dirt accumulated in his heart . While daily bathing is necessary for physical hygeine , daily chanting of Krishna's names is a must to have spiritual hygeine . Krishna's names are so powerful that , gradually Bhagavan Himself will enlighten such a sincere person by providing the needful such as a suitable Guru . > > One's character depends a lot on the food he consumes . Vegetarian food is 'sattvic' ( in the mode of goodness) . It causes pious thinking , devotion to Bhagavan and the resulting peace of mind . On the other hand , meat eating is 'tamasvic'( in the mode of ignorance) and it causes violent thoughts , lust , jealousy . atheism and depression . > > Please Chant :> > Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare> Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare> > And Be Happy.> > Krishnadaya. > -------------------------> "purpleveg" <purpleveg > Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:34 am > vegan guru > > > Haribol> > I am considering finding a guru to further my path toward Krsna Consciousness. > I am vegan and although I'm sure many feel dairy is a prescribed part of a Vaisnava diet I> don't. I am not here to argue the point just stating how I feel. I feel that a guru should> understand this and be on the same wavelength as I yet MUCH more advanced.> Ok long winded way to ask does anyone here know of a vegan guru?> Any information would be greatly appreciated.> > Peace,> Reggie> > > > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.> See what you’re getting into…before you go there See it!

You are absolutely correct. The Guru choses the disciple.Guru is the one who determines if he can takeover the Karma of a particular person, and if yes, he accepts that person as a disciple, otherwise he may even forward that person to another Guru. I have seen this happen. It is said : Bina Hari kripa Mile nahin santa! Without the mercy of Sri Hari (Lord Krishna) you will not get a Guru. Similarly, you reach Krishna only by the Guru's mecy, because it is the Guru who decides if you are fit to serve Krishna. All through, Guru and disciple are being controlled by Krishna at all times and though usually the neophyte disciple is unaware of this.

AGTSP

Sanjeev Kumar Punj

punjsanjeev

From: srs8Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:20:47 -0400RE: Re: How to progress in Krishna Consciousness !

Reggie, Picking a guru is not a fashion. You do not PICK a guru to YOUR fancy. Actually, the disciple must be picked by the guru. When Krsna sees that you are serious about surrender, then he sends a guru. Concentrate on being qualified and then Krsna will fulfil your desire for a guru.Sincerely,Syamakunda Das

From: purpleveg Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:10:14 +0000 Re: How to progress in Krishna Consciousness !

Hare Krsna,Why didn't my post just post on the board by itself?I thank you for your reply. I already chant 16 rounds and like I said eat a vegan diet. So forgive me but I do not understand why you would mention all that you did about character and what they consume.I would like to find a guru to help guide me further than I can go myself. That, from what I believe and have heard from many others (in addition to reading Prabhupada's writings) is most helpful. Isn't that why guru's exist?So, I ask again to the many many people in this group if anyone knows of a vegan guru, please let me know.Peace,Reggie , Krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:>> Hare Krishna !> > In my humble opinion, the key to Krishna consciousness is to take 'saranaagati' ( total refuge) in Bhagavan Sri Krishna and perform all spiritual and worldly activities as a service to Him . One should chant Krishna's names as much as possible to clear the dirt accumulated in his heart . While daily bathing is necessary for physical hygeine , daily chanting of Krishna's names is a must to have spiritual hygeine . Krishna's names are so powerful that , gradually Bhagavan Himself will enlighten such a sincere person by providing the needful such as a suitable Guru . > > One's character depends a lot on the food he consumes . Vegetarian food is 'sattvic' ( in the mode of goodness) . It causes pious thinking , devotion to Bhagavan and the resulting peace of mind . On the other hand , meat eating is 'tamasvic'( in the mode of ignorance) and it causes violent thoughts , lust , jealousy . atheism and depression . > > Please Chant :> > Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare> Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare> > And Be Happy.> > Krishnadaya. > -------------------------> "purpleveg" <purpleveg > Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:34 am > vegan guru > > > Haribol> > I am considering finding a guru to further my path toward Krsna Consciousness. > I am vegan and although I'm sure many feel dairy is a prescribed part of a Vaisnava diet I> don't. I am not here to argue the point just stating how I feel. I feel that a guru should> understand this and be on the same wavelength as I yet MUCH more advanced.> Ok long winded way to ask does anyone here know of a vegan guru?> Any information would be greatly appreciated.> > Peace,> Reggie> > > > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.>

See what you’re getting into…before you go there See it! Sign in and get updated with all the action! Formula One

I agree with you too. And I feel that the correct guru will come to me when

appropriate.

This group is here as a network so to speak is it not? I am in a town with no

devotees, live

far from a temple and work to find Krsna is all ways possible. I think it's

better to want to

serve for Krsna and through a guru than to just be.

I may be a neophyte disciple but very aware what is controlled by Krsna. I may

be a

neophyte disciple but please remember I am one, a servant of the Lord, just like

you and

everyone else here. Trying to get through this life and to a higher existance.

I simply ask if anyone here knows of a vegan guru, if so that would be wonderful

to hear.

In peace,

Reggie

, Sanjeev Punj <punjsanjeev wrote:

>

> You are absolutely correct. The Guru choses the disciple.Guru is the one who

determines if he can takeover the Karma of a particular person, and if yes, he

accepts that

person as a disciple, otherwise he may even forward that person to another Guru.

I have

seen this happen. It is said : Bina Hari kripa Mile nahin santa! Without the

mercy of Sri Hari

(Lord Krishna) you will not get a Guru. Similarly, you reach Krishna only by the

Guru's

mecy, because it is the Guru who decides if you are fit to see Krishna.All

through, Guru

and disciple are being controlled by Krishna at all times and though usually the

neophyte

disciple is unaware of this.

>

> AGTSP

>

> Sanjeev Kumar Punj

> punjsanjeev

>

>

>

> : srs8: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:20:47 -0400RE:

Re: How to progress in Krishna Consciousness !

>

>

>

>

> Reggie, Picking a guru is not a fashion. You do not PICK a guru to YOUR fancy.

Actually,

the disciple must be picked by the guru. When Krsna sees that you are serious

about

surrender, then he sends a guru. Concentrate on being qualified and then Krsna

will fulfil

your desire for a guru.Sincerely,Syamakunda Das

>

>

> : purpleveg: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:10:14

+0000Subject:

Re: How to progress in Krishna Consciousness !

>

>

> Hare Krsna,Why didn't my post just post on the board by itself?I thank you for

your

reply. I already chant 16 rounds and like I said eat a vegan diet. So forgive me

but I do not

understand why you would mention all that you did about character and what they

consume.I would like to find a guru to help guide me further than I can go

myself. That,

from what I believe and have heard from many others (in addition to reading

Prabhupada's

writings) is most helpful. Isn't that why guru's exist?So, I ask again to the

many many

people in this group if anyone knows of a vegan guru, please let me

know.Peace,Reggie , Krishnadaya

<krishnadaya@> wrote:>> Hare Krishna !> > In my humble opinion, the key to

Krishna

consciousness is to take 'saranaagati' ( total refuge) in Bhagavan Sri Krishna

and perform

all spiritual and worldly activities as a service to Him . One should chant

Krishna's names

as much as possible to clear the dirt accumulated in his heart . While daily

bathing is

necessary for physical hygeine , daily chanting of Krishna's names is a must to

have

spiritual hygeine . Krishna's names are so powerful that , gradually Bhagavan

Himself will

enlighten such a sincere person by providing the needful such as a suitable Guru

.. > >

One's character depends a lot on the food he consumes . Vegetarian food is

'sattvic' ( in

the mode of goodness) . It causes pious thinking , devotion to Bhagavan and the

resulting

peace of mind . On the other hand , meat eating is 'tamasvic'( in the mode of

ignorance)

and it causes violent thoughts , lust , jealousy . atheism and depression . > >

Please Chant

:> > Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare> Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama

Rama Hare Hare> > And Be Happy.> > Krishnadaya. >

-------------------------> " purpleveg "

<purpleveg@> > Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:34 am > vegan guru > > >

Haribol>

> I am considering finding a guru to further my path toward Krsna Consciousness.

> I am

vegan and although I'm sure many feel dairy is a prescribed part of a Vaisnava

diet I>

don't. I am not here to argue the point just stating how I feel. I feel that a

guru should>

understand this and be on the same wavelength as I yet MUCH more advanced.> Ok

long

winded way to ask does anyone here know of a vegan guru?> Any information would

be

greatly appreciated.> > Peace,> Reggie> > > > >

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder

tool.>

>

> See what you're getting into…before you go there See it!

>

> Sign in and get updated with all the action!

> http://content.msn.co.in/Sports/FormulaOne/Default

>