IndiaDivine.org

Nectarean Mellows -Bhagavad Gita Is a Universal Scripture- Spoken By H H Radhanath Swami Mahara

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nectarean Mellows

Bhagavad Gita Is a Universal Scripture

"G u r u m u k ha p a d m a v a k y a"

Bhagavad Gita is a universal scripture………….As I was explaining earlier, someone may say that this self realization is for the yogis and sadhus, what it has to do with a practical person of this world with a family and a job? Bhagavad Gita is specifically a scripture meant for the people who live within this world. You have all heard of Bhagavad Gita. Bhagavad Gita is not a sectarian scripture. It is a universal scripture; which explains how to live in an artful and beautiful manner; every moment of our life. Arjuna was the recipient of the teachings of the Bhagavat Gita. He was a warrior. He was a politician. He had to manage the affairs of the state and he had to defend the laws of the state. This is a very very practical type of a service. He was by no means a sadhu or a sanyasi. Now when he was faced with a very difficult crisis, talk about crisis management, he was faced by such a crisis; he was standing between the two armies and he realized that his friends, well-wishers and relatives were on both the sides. He didn’t want to fight; he wanted to run from the problem. He told Krishna that, “I’m not going to fight, I’m going to run away to be a yogi or a sadhu or a sanyasi, but I’m not going to stay here Krishna and fight.” Some people say that people like me are the people who have escaped from the world; I couldn’t face the problems of the world; you couldn’t face practical life so you ran off to become a sadhu. Arjuna wanted to become like that. The whole scripture of Bhagavad Gita was so to convince Arjuna that you have no right to run away from the problems that you are facing in your occupation. You must face them and you must solve them. You must fight because you are a fighter. You must work; work hard. But you must do it in divine consciousness, in consciousness of self realization.

H H Radhanath Swami Maharaj

guru-mukha-padma-väkya, cittete koriyä aikya, är nä koriho mane äsä

*************************************************************************************************

Please check out Krsnawonders Newest Web Site--- KRSNAWONDERS

http://www.geocities.com/krsnawonders

Thanks for reading, Your Servant,Jaya Kesava Dasa