IndiaDivine.org

Daily Rituals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Devotees ,

It is said in Mahabharat thus :

anyath poorNaath apaam kumbhaath anyath paadhaavasecanaath

anyath kuSalasampraSnaath na cha icchathi janaardhanah

Bhagavan requires no more than a vessel filled with water, washing of His feet and sweet words .

You can say any `manthra ' you know or even chant only the `nama` of Bhagavan . Ramanama or any other you like best . Bhagavan needs only your heart and not knowledge . Consider Him as the one who is the closest and only friend and relation. He will make His presence felt by you and you will not feel lonely anymore.

To be a Hindu only thing needed is to feel like a Hindu at heart . You must have faith in the Vedas and the words of the sages and follow their words, not necessarily the rituals but the spirit behind the rituals . It is said that you recite this `mantra ` or this `nama ` and that for every action of yours from morning till night, the purpose of it being that you must remember the Bhagavan at all times . That is all . You can remember Him in any way you want . You remember your father or mother not by recalling their different actions or even names but by their love . Similarly you think about God . There is no absolute hard and fast rule to observe being a Hindu . The religion is only a guide to take you towards the Supreme God . You can reach your destination by walking, driving or flying . The most important thing is to reach there .

A devotee asked Bhagavan Guruvayurappan (you must have heard this, still I am relating because it is relevant here.) ` What He like the best ` . Guruvayurappan said that He liked ghee payasam . The devotee asked " If I am not able to make it then what shall I do? " . Bhagavan said " Then you offer Me some flowers or even few drops of water with love, that is enough. "

The devotee asked " Suppose I am n a place where I can't even get flowers or even water?" . Then the Lord said "If you feel your inability to do anything and shed tears that is the greatest offering you can give Me."

Same thing He has said in the Gita ' Patharam pushpam phalam thoyam yo me bhakthyaa prayacchathi thadhaham bhalkthyupahrtham aSnaami prayathaathmanaH,'

( Whatever you offer with devotion may it be a leaf , flower or even water I eat it with joy." and 'yatkaroshi yadhaSnaasi yajjuhoshi dhadhaasi yath, yath apaSyasi kountheya thath kurushva madharpaNam,' (What ever you do, eat, offer or see, make it an offering to Me." )

Mahabharatha has the following story. Once Krishna seeing that Arjuna was a bit proud that he is the greatest devotee of the Lord since he was following all the procedures prescribed in the Vedas and doing regular pooja etc. Krishna took him towards His abode Vaikunatam and on the way they saw heaps and heaps of flowers which Krishna said was that offered in worship . Arjuna asked who was that and krishna replied that it was Bhima . Arjuna asked that where were the flowers offered by him(Arjuna). Krishna pointed out to a small heap and Arjuna got offended and said that he was doing worship regularly whereas he had never seen Bhima doing that anytime. But Krishna replied that Bhima used to offer whatever he sees and does to the Lord and that is denoted by the large heap.

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

However, if you have wealth and it is not offered, like Bhima did, to Sri Krsna, offering only flowers, a leaf and water will not do.

Syamakunda Dasa Adhikari (ACBSP)

From: krishnadayaDate: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 05:44:03 +0000 Daily Rituals

Dear Devotees ,

It is said in Mahabharat thus :

anyath poorNaath apaam kumbhaath anyath paadhaavasecanaath

anyath kuSalasampraSnaath na cha icchathi janaardhanah

Bhagavan requires no more than a vessel filled with water, washing of His feet and sweet words .

You can say any `manthra ' you know or even chant only the `nama` of Bhagavan . Ramanama or any other you like best . Bhagavan needs only your heart and not knowledge . Consider Him as the one who is the closest and only friend and relation. He will make His presence felt by you and you will not feel lonely anymore.

To be a Hindu only thing needed is to feel like a Hindu at heart . You must have faith in the Vedas and the words of the sages and follow their words, not necessarily the rituals but the spirit behind the rituals . It is said that you recite this `mantra ` or this `nama ` and that for every action of yours from morning till night, the purpose of it being that you must remember the Bhagavan at all times . That is all . You can remember Him in any way you want . You remember your father or mother not by recalling their different actions or even names but by their love . Similarly you think about God . There is no absolute hard and fast rule to observe being a Hindu . The religion is only a guide to take you towards the Supreme God . You can reach your destination by walking, driving or flying . The most important thing is to reach there .

A devotee asked Bhagavan Guruvayurappan (you must have heard this, still I am relating because it is relevant here.) ` What He like the best ` . Guruvayurappan said that He liked ghee payasam . The devotee asked " If I am not able to make it then what shall I do? " . Bhagavan said " Then you offer Me some flowers or even few drops of water with love, that is enough. "

The devotee asked " Suppose I am n a place where I can't even get flowers or even water?" . Then the Lord said "If you feel your inability to do anything and shed tears that is the greatest offering you can give Me."

Same thing He has said in the Gita ' Patharam pushpam phalam thoyam yo me bhakthyaa prayacchathi thadhaham bhalkthyupahrtham aSnaami prayathaathmanaH,'

( Whatever you offer with devotion may it be a leaf , flower or even water I eat it with joy." and 'yatkaroshi yadhaSnaasi yajjuhoshi dhadhaasi yath, yath apaSyasi kountheya thath kurushva madharpaNam,' (What ever you do, eat, offer or see, make it an offering to Me." )

Mahabharatha has the following story. Once Krishna seeing that Arjuna was a bit proud that he is the greatest devotee of the Lord since he was following all the procedures prescribed in the Vedas and doing regular pooja etc. Krishna took him towards His abode Vaikunatam and on the way they saw heaps and heaps of flowers which Krishna said was that offered in worship . Arjuna asked who was that and krishna replied that it was Bhima . Arjuna asked that where were the flowers offered by him(Arjuna). Krishna pointed out to a small heap and Arjuna got offended and said that he was doing worship regularly whereas he had never seen Bhima doing that anytime. But Krishna replied that Bhima used to offer whatever he sees and does to the Lord and that is denoted by the large heap.

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks Treats for You! Get 'em!