IndiaDivine.org

A Pregnant Bird , in the Kurukshetra War Field !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sree Krishna & Vaishnavas ,

While the Kukshetra war was progressing , a pregnant bird was flying over the war field . Suddenly , the bird started feeling delivery pain . When she looked down , the war field came in to the view . But, she could not bear the pain any more . Being helpless , she fell into the war field and unknowingly laid the eggs there . After laying all the eggs, she started worrying `All my eggs will be destroyed in this war thereby ending my family lineage . ` . Sitting atop a tree near the war field , the bird started Sree Krishna " O Bhagavan, You are the protector of the entire universe ! Please, protect my eggs too !!!". In spite of the all destructive war all around , the mother bird had faith in Sree Krishna and kept on praying Him continuously .

Upon the conclusion of war , Sree Krishna and the Pandavas were visiting the war field. They heard the cries of baby pigeons arising from somewhere in the war field. Bhagavan went straight to a big bell lying nearby and lifted it . There were (5) new born pigeons underneath it !!! . Immediately , the mother pigeon flew in and took away her children to her nest atop the tree .

The Pandavas were surprised at this and they inquired about it to Krishna . Bhagavan replied with a smile " That mother bird had been forced by the call of nature to lay her eggs in the war field . However, she had faith in Me and prayed for the protection of her eggs . And I heard her prayer. Then , Arjuna was fighting with Bhagadata . I made Arjuna to shoot an arrow to bring down the bell tied around Bhagadata's elephant . And I arranged that falling bell to cover those eggs safely . This enabled the birth of those new-borns . Therefore , My devotee-bird received her children safely ".

This story reveals one great truth . The heartfelt prayer of an individual to Bhagavan Sree Krishna has a great cosmic effect causing divine intervention . Such a prayer is more effective than anything else . No intermediary exists between a Bhakta and Bhagavan . Initially, one needs a Guide to learn about Krishna and His teachings . Thereafter , one's bhakti-yoga should take off like a free bird to the sky ; and without depending on anyone else, he should seek unconditional refuge in Sree Krishna and become His instrument .

Bhagavan Sree Krishna says in Bhagavatam " O Uddhava, in a dangerous situation an ordinary person cries, becomes fearful and laments, although such useless emotions do not change the situation . But any activities offered to Me without personal motivation, even if they are externally useless, amount to the actual process of religion ".

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!

SreeKrishnaDasa Rajeev

Dear Rajeev ji, It is very nice to hear a part of history retold by you. It is always nice to hear Krishna's leeelas again and again. I feel God is like our Mother, she feeds everyone takes care of everyone makes sure everyone has atleast decent things in life but if one of her kids want something specific she diverts her attentiom to that kid and tries to take care of that problem/need as the case may be, but still she keeps watch on other children and takes care of their daily needs. We should, I feel, ask our Mother/God only if we need something to be done (which anyway we will do and I do not think we do otherwise). The needs here may be Car, Money, etc. but the basis and the way it is asked still remains the same. I thought I can share this thought with you Please correct me if I am wrong. Sreekrishna Dasoham Kannan srikrishnadasa_rajeev <srikrishnadasa_rajeev wrote: Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sree Krishna & Vaishnavas , While the

Kukshetra war was progressing , a pregnant bird was flying over the war field . Suddenly , the bird started feeling delivery pain . When she looked down , the war field came in to the view . But, she could not bear the pain any more . Being helpless , she fell into the war field and unknowingly laid the eggs there . After laying all the eggs, she started worrying `All my eggs will be destroyed in this war thereby ending my family lineage . ` . Sitting atop a tree near the war field , the bird started Sree Krishna " O Bhagavan, You are the protector of the entire universe ! Please, protect my eggs too !!!". In spite of the all destructive war all around , the mother bird had faith in Sree Krishna and kept on praying Him continuously . Upon the conclusion of war , Sree Krishna and the Pandavas were visiting the war field. They heard the cries of baby pigeons arising from somewhere in the war field. Bhagavan went straight to a big bell lying nearby and lifted it . There were (5) new born pigeons underneath it !!! . Immediately , the mother pigeon flew in and took away her children to her nest atop the tree . The Pandavas were surprised at this and they inquired about it to Krishna . Bhagavan replied with a smile " That mother bird had been forced by the call of nature to lay her eggs in the war field . However, she had faith in

Me and prayed for the protection of her eggs . And I heard her prayer. Then , Arjuna was fighting with Bhagadata . I made Arjuna to shoot an arrow to bring down the bell tied around Bhagadata's elephant . And I arranged that falling bell to cover those eggs safely . This enabled the birth of those new-borns . Therefore , My devotee-bird received her children safely ". This story reveals one great truth . The heartfelt prayer of an individual to Bhagavan Sree Krishna has a great cosmic effect causing divine intervention . Such a

prayer is more effective than anything else . No intermediary exists between a Bhakta and Bhagavan . Initially, one needs a Guide to learn about Krishna and His teachings . Thereafter , one's bhakti-yoga should take off like a free bird to the sky ; and without depending on anyone else, he should seek unconditional refuge in Sree Krishna and become His instrument . Bhagavan Sree Krishna says in Bhagavatam " O Uddhava, in a dangerous situation an ordinary person cries, becomes fearful and laments, although such useless emotions do not change the situation . But any activities offered to Me without personal motivation, even if they are externally useless, amount

to the actual process of religion ". Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!! SreeKrishnaDasa Rajeev

Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.

Dandavat Pranams to Sree Krishna and Vaishnavas ! Dear Kannan Ji ,

If a person takes total refuge in Sree Krishna , he becomes very dear to Bhagavan . Prayer is to express one's gratitude to Bhagavan who repsonds by arranging the internal purification of that devotee . Such a loyal devotee's needs are fulfilled by Bhagavan without being asked .

Sree Krishna says in Gita 9.27-28 "Whatever activities you perform, whatever you eat, whatever you sacrifice to sacred fire or give in charity and whatever penance you perform, offer them all to Me. In this way you will be freed from bondage to work and its auspicious and inauspicious results. With your mind fixed on Me in this principle of renunciation, you will be liberated and come to Me ".

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

, Sampath Kumar Kannan <kannanvaiju wrote:>> Dear Rajeev ji,> > It is very nice to hear a part of history retold by you. It is always nice to hear Krishna's leeelas again and again. > > I feel God is like our Mother, she feeds everyone takes care of everyone makes sure everyone has atleast decent things in life but if one of her kids want something specific she diverts her attentiom to that kid and tries to take care of that problem/need as the case may be, but still she keeps watch on other children and takes care of their daily needs. We should, I feel, ask our Mother/God only if we need something to be done (which anyway we will do and I do not think we do otherwise). The needs here may be Car, Money, etc. but the basis and the way it is asked still remains the same. I thought I can share this thought with you Please correct me if I am wrong.> > Sreekrishna Dasoham> > Kannan> > > srikrishnadasa_rajeev srikrishnadasa_rajeev wrote:> > Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sree Krishna & Vaishnavas , > While the Kukshetra war was progressing , a pregnant bird was flying over the war field . Suddenly , the bird started feeling delivery pain . When she looked down , the war field came in to the view . But, she could not bear the pain any more . Being helpless , she fell into the war field and unknowingly laid the eggs there . After laying all the eggs, she started worrying `All my eggs will be destroyed in this war thereby ending my family lineage . ` . Sitting atop a tree near the war field , the bird started Sree Krishna " O Bhagavan, You are the protector of the entire universe ! Please, protect my eggs too !!!". In spite of the all destructive war all around , the mother bird had faith in Sree Krishna and kept on praying Him continuously . > Upon the conclusion of war , Sree Krishna and the Pandavas were visiting the war field. They heard the cries of baby pigeons arising from somewhere in the war field. Bhagavan went straight to a big bell lying nearby and lifted it . There were (5) new born pigeons underneath it !!! . Immediately , the mother pigeon flew in and took away her children to her nest atop the tree . > The Pandavas were surprised at this and they inquired about it to Krishna . Bhagavan replied with a smile " That mother bird had been forced by the call of nature to lay her eggs in the war field . However, she had faith in Me and prayed for the protection of her eggs . And I heard her prayer. Then , Arjuna was fighting with Bhagadata . I made Arjuna to shoot an arrow to bring down the bell tied around Bhagadata's elephant . And I arranged that falling bell to cover those eggs safely . This enabled the birth of those new-borns . Therefore , My devotee-bird received her children safely ". > This story reveals one great truth . The heartfelt prayer of an individual to Bhagavan Sree Krishna has a great cosmic effect causing divine intervention . Such a prayer is more effective than anything else . No intermediary exists between a Bhakta and Bhagavan . Initially, one needs a Guide to learn about Krishna and His teachings . Thereafter , one's bhakti-yoga should take off like a free bird to the sky ; and without depending on anyone else, he should seek unconditional refuge in Sree Krishna and become His instrument . > Bhagavan Sree Krishna says in Bhagavatam " O Uddhava, in a dangerous situation an ordinary person cries, becomes fearful and laments, although such useless emotions do not change the situation . But any activities offered to Me without personal motivation, even if they are externally useless, amount to the actual process of religion ".> Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!! > SreeKrishnaDasa Rajeev> > > > > > > Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.>

dear/Sampathkumar and other friends,

A wonderful story sent by Rajeev. How touching it is ! The Lord equally loves all His creations, if they have devotion to Him. Whether it is beast, bird or man doesn't make any difference. He is " Nissesha-labhyah " , within the reach of one and all, irrespective of caste, creed or religion!

Love

KVG.

On 10/15/07, Sampath Kumar Kannan <kannanvaiju wrote:

Dear Rajeev ji,

It is very nice to hear a part of history retold by you. It is always nice to hear Krishna's leeelas again and again.

I feel God is like our Mother, she feeds everyone takes care of everyone makes sure everyone has atleast decent things in life but if one of her kids want something specific she diverts her attentiom to that kid and tries to take care of that problem/need as the case may be, but still she keeps watch on other children and takes care of their daily needs. We should, I feel, ask our Mother/God only if we need something to be done (which anyway we will do and I do not think we do otherwise). The needs here may be Car, Money, etc. but the basis and the way it is asked still remains the same. I thought I can share this thought with you Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sreekrishna Dasoham

Kannan

srikrishnadasa_rajeev <srikrishnadasa_rajeev (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sree Krishna & Vaishnavas ,

While the Kukshetra war was progressing , a pregnant bird was flying over the war field . Suddenly , the bird started feeling delivery pain . When she looked down , the war field came in to the view . But, she could not bear the pain any more . Being helpless , she fell into the war field and unknowingly laid the eggs there . After laying all the eggs, she started worrying `All my eggs will be destroyed in this war thereby ending my family lineage . ` . Sitting atop a tree near the war field , the bird started Sree Krishna " O Bhagavan, You are the protector of the entire universe ! Please, protect my eggs too !!! " . In spite of the all destructive war all around , the mother bird had faith in Sree Krishna and kept on praying Him continuously .

Upon the conclusion of war , Sree Krishna and the Pandavas were visiting the war field. They heard the cries of baby pigeons arising from somewhere in the war field

.. Bhagavan went straight to a big bell lying nearby and lifted it . There were (5) new born pigeons underneath it !!! . Immediately , the mother pigeon flew in and took away her children

to her nest atop the tree .

The Pandavas were surprised at this and they inquired about it to Krishna . Bhagavan replied with a smile " That mother bird had been forced by the call of nature to lay her eggs in the war field . However, she had faith in Me and prayed for the protection of her eggs . And I heard her prayer. Then , Arjuna was fighting with Bhagadata . I made Arjuna to shoot an arrow to bring down the bell tied around Bhagadata's elephant . And I arranged that

falling bell to cover those eggs safely . This enabled the birth of those new-borns . Therefore , My devotee-bird received her children safely " .

This story reveals one great truth . The heartfelt prayer of an individual to Bhagavan Sree Krishna has a great cosmic effect causing divine intervention . Such a prayer is more effective than anything else . No intermediary exists between a Bhakta and Bhagavan .

Initially, one needs a Guide to learn about Krishna and His teachings . Thereafter , one's bhakti-yoga should take off like a free bird to the sky ; and without depending on anyone else, he should seek unconditional refuge in Sree Krishna and become His instrument .

Bhagavan Sree Krishna says in Bhagavatam " O Uddhava, in a dangerous situation an ordinary person cries, becomes fearful and laments, although such useless emotions do not change the situation . But any activities offered to Me without personal motivation, even if they are externally useless, amount to the actual process of religion " .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

!!!

SreeKrishnaDasa Rajeev

Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.

Respected devotees,

This is one of the latest in a series of wonderful pastimes of Lord

Krishna. Till I read this message I had not heard of this

episode.Thank you Rajeev Prabhu. It brings to my mind a similar

incident in the times of Lord Rama.

Valmiki was from a Kirata Bhil community.

He was trained by Narada Muni, who is a devotee of Lord

Vishnu.

Valmiki once asked Narada, " O Venerable Rishi! Please tell me whether

there is a perfect man in this world who is at once virtuous, brave,

dutiful, truthful, noble, steadfast in duty, and kind to all beings " .

Narada replied, " There is such a one, a prince of Ikshvaku's line

named Rama. He is virtuous, brave, gentle, and wise. He is a great

hero. He loves his subjects immensely. He is a protector of Dharma.

He is firm and steadfast. He is just and liberal. He is well-versed

in the Vedas and in the science of arms. He is unique in the

possession of virtues and matchless in beauty. He is an obedient son,

a kind brother, loving husband, a faithful friend, an ideal king, a

merciful enemy, and a lover of all living beings. All people adore

him. "

Thus, Sage Narada narrated the story of Shri Rama to Maharshi Valmiki

as he heard from Lord Brahma in 100 verses. This is

called 'Sankshipta Ramayana' (which means 'short Ramayana'). This

story of Rama filled the thoughts of Valmiki and he started thinking

of the same again and again in his heart.

There is a legend that Lord Brahma appeared before Valmiki and told

him to write the Ramayana. Many believe that Valmiki is an avatar

of Lord Brahma.

First Sloka

Some time after Narada left, Valmiki went to the river Ganga to

bathe. A disciple by name Bharadwaja was with him carrying his

clothes. On the way they came across the Tamasa Stream. The water in

it was very clear. Valmiki said to his disciple, " Look, how clear is

this water, like the mind of a good man ! I will bathe here today. "

Valmiki was looking for a suitable place to step into the stream,

when he heard the sweet chirping of birds. Looking up he saw two

birds flying together. Valmiki felt very pleased on seeing the happy

bird couple. Just then one of the birds fell down hit by an arrow. It

was the male bird. Seeing the wounded one, its mate was screaming in

agony. Valmiki's heart melted at this pitiful sight. He looked around

to find out who had shot the bird. He saw a hunter with a bow and

arrows, nearby. The hunter had shot the bird for food. Valmiki became

very angry. His lips opened and words came out:

manishada pratishtatum samagah ssashvatissamah

yat krouncha mithunadekam sokam avadhim kama mohitam

" You who have killed one of the bird engaged in the act of love,

thus, may you not yourself live long! "

A sloka was born out of his mouth automatically in a mood of sorrow.

Later Valmiki composed entire Ramayana on the order of Lord Brahma in

the same meter that issued forth from him as a sloka. Thus this sloka

is revered as the " first sloka " in Vedic literature. Valmiki is

revered as the first poet, and the Ramayana, the first kavya.

All glories to Lord Sri Krishna! All glories to the assembled devotees of the

Lord!

, " K.V Gopalakrishna "

<gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

>

> dear/Sampathkumar and other friends,

> A wonderful story sent by Rajeev. How touching it is ! The Lord

equally

> loves all His creations, if they have devotion to Him. Whether

it is

> beast, bird or man doesn't make any difference. He is " Nissesha-

labhyah " ,

> within the reach of one and all, irrespective of caste, creed or

religion!

> Love

> KVG.

>

>

> On 10/15/07, Sampath Kumar Kannan <kannanvaiju wrote:

> >

> > Dear Rajeev ji,

> >

> > It is very nice to hear a part of history retold by you. It is

always

> > nice to hear Krishna's leeelas again and again.

> >

> > I feel God is like our Mother, she feeds everyone takes care of

everyone

> > makes sure everyone has atleast decent things in life but if one

of her kids

> > want something specific she diverts her attentiom to that kid and

tries to

> > take care of that problem/need as the case may be, but still she

keeps watch

> > on other children and takes care of their daily needs. We should,

I feel,

> > ask our Mother/God only if we need something to be done (which

anyway we

> > will do and I do not think we do otherwise). The needs here may

be Car,

> > Money, etc. but the basis and the way it is asked still remains

the same.

> > I thought I can share this thought with you Please correct me if

I am

> > wrong.

> >

> > Sreekrishna Dasoham

> >

> > Kannan

> >

> >

> > *srikrishnadasa_rajeev <srikrishnadasa_rajeev* wrote:

> >

> > **

> > Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sree Krishna & Vaishnavas ,

> > While the Kukshetra war was progressing , a pregnant bird was

flying over

> > the war field *. *Suddenly , the bird started feeling delivery

pain *. *When

> > she looked down , the war field came in to the view . But, she

could not

> > bear the pain any more *. *Being helpless , she fell into the

war field

> > and unknowingly laid the eggs there *.* After laying all the

eggs, she

> > started worrying `All my eggs will be destroyed in this war

thereby ending

> > my family lineage *. *` *. *Sitting atop a tree near the war

field , the

> > bird started Sree Krishna * " *O Bhagavan, You are the protector

of the

> > entire universe* ! *Please, protect my eggs too* !!! " . *In

spite of the

> > all destructive war all around , the mother bird had faith in

Sree

> > Krishna and kept on praying Him continuously* . *

> > Upon the conclusion of war , Sree Krishna and the Pandavas were

visiting

> > the war field*. *They heard the cries of baby pigeons arising

from

> > somewhere in the war field*. *Bhagavan went straight to a big

bell lying

> > nearby and lifted it *. *There were (5) new born pigeons

underneath it*!!! .

> > *Immediately , the mother pigeon flew in and took away her

children to

> > her nest atop the tree* . *

> > The Pandavas were surprised at this and they inquired about it

to Krishna

> > * . *Bhagavan replied with a smile* " *That mother bird had been

forced by

> > the call of nature to lay her eggs in the war field *. *However,

she had

> > faith in Me and prayed for the protection of her eggs *. *And I

heard

> > her prayer*. *Then , Arjuna was fighting with Bhagadata* . *I

made

> > Arjuna to shoot an arrow to bring down the bell tied around

Bhagadata's

> > elephant* . *And I arranged that falling bell to cover those

eggs safely*

> > . *This enabled the birth of those new-borns *. *Therefore , My

> > devotee-bird received her children safely " *. *

> > This story reveals one great truth* . *The heartfelt prayer of an

> > individual to Bhagavan Sree Krishna has a great cosmic effect

causing divine

> > intervention* . *Such* *a* * prayer is more effective than

anything else*.

> > *No intermediary exists between a Bhakta and Bhagavan *.

*Initially, one

> > needs a Guide to learn about Krishna and His teachings *.

*Thereafter ,

> > one's bhakti-yoga should take off like a free bird to the sky* ;*

and

> > without depending on anyone else, he should seek unconditional

refuge in

> > Sree Krishna and become His instrument *. *

> > *Bhagavan Sree Krishna says in Bhagavatam " O Uddhava, in a

dangerous

> > situation an ordinary person cries, becomes fearful and laments,

although

> > such useless emotions do not change the situation . But any

activities