IndiaDivine.org

Swamy Prabhupada

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Krishna and Vaishnavas ,

Even those who disagree with the current styel of ISKCON , respect Swamy Prabhupada due to the following reasons :

In personal life , he strictly adhered to the Varnashrama Dharma . A brilliant student during "Brahamacharya" , and a responsible householder during the `Grihasta' , he gradually passed over the responsibilities to his children during the self imposed "Vanaprastam ' . Also , during this Vanaprasta'' stage, he wisely laid the foundation for his next phase of life . Finally he renounced everything and became a `Sannyasin ` .

A Sannyasin is not bound by worldly dharma . He has the freedom to live an ascetic life keeping away from every one . However , Prabhupada followed the more vigorous path of promoting Vaishnavism , the purest form of Vedic faith . He selflessly wrote numerous books to promote Krishna-bhakti till time immemorial . If millions of English speaking people know about Gita and Bhagavatam , it is due to the unbelievable efforts of Swamy Prabhupada .

He was deeply committed to Krishna's service and never hesitated to take risk that could personally affect him . In fact, Caithanya Mahaprabhu had warned his disciples that a Guru should be utmost careful in selecting his disciples because the Guru would ultimately bear the consequences of the ill-deeds of his disciples. In spite of knowing this , Prabhupada willingly took the risk to accept many as his disciples in order to spread Krishna-bhakti to all nooks and corners of this world .

Prabhupada had great confidence in his disciples . He taught them by personal example how one can succeed with Krishna's abundant grace . Any one committed to His service will be helped by Bhagavan Krishna . By chanting His names one can clean the heart of all accumulated `karma' and seat Bhagavan there . By selling Gita and Bhagavatam books one does the best service to Krishna . Such a devotee is under the eternal protection of Bhagavan .

When Swamy Prabhupada was in control , his disciples felt Krishna's grace in their lives and due to their enthusiastic efforts , ISKCON became the greatest Spiritual Organization in the world .

May this great Acharya be an inspiration to us all in our service for Bhagavan Sree Krishna !!! .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

, "sanjeev" <punjsanjeev wrote:>> This is a very precious article! Jai Srila Prabhupada!> > , "srinath_vj" srinath_vj@ > wrote:> >> > Jai Srila Prabhupada> > > > Pujari from Sri Adwaita Acarya's house in Santipura, West Bengalby> > Mulaprakrti devi dasi************ ********* *** This story was heard> > in Mayapura in 1980. A man came to the ISKCON's Caitanya Candrodoya> > Mandira carrying with him a copy of the Back of Godhead article > about> > Srila Prabhupada, entitled A Lifetime in Preparation. "Just recently> > an amazing realization occurred to me that I wanted to share with> > devotees everywhere. I have been the pujari and sevaite at the house> > of Adwaita Acarya for many years. I was also there back in the > 1940's> > and 50's. At that time, I noticed that one grhasta Bengali devotee> > used to come to the temple quite regularly. He was dressed in a > white> > khadidhoti and kurta and he always came alone. He would sit in the> > back of the Mandira without speaking, and would chant harinama on > his> > mala very quietly and deeply. I noticed that he came on the > weekends,> > usually once every month or two in regular way. After chanting there> > for many hours, he would always thank me when he left. His presence> > was profound and I became attracted to him. Since his devotions were> > solitary, I never spoke to disturb him. Sometimes I happened to > notice> > that while he was chanting, his eyes would be full of tears and his> > voice would be choked up.Then, for a very long time he did not> > come. However, I distinctly recall that in August of 1965, I saw a> > saffron-clothed sannyasi sitting in the back of the Mandira. In a> > moment I recognized him to be my old friend from before. Again he > sat> > for a long time chanting Hare Krsna. I could see his beads moving, > his> > eyes closed in concentrated devotion. He was weeping unabashedly > even> > more than he used to while he took the Holy Name. Finally, as > evening> > came, he paid his dandavat pranama for long time. When he arose he> > came up to me and again thanked me for my seva here at Adwaita > Bhavan.> > I asked him. Who are you? I remember you from so long ago.'He> > replied, 'My name is Abaya Caranaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami > Maharaja.> > I am an unworthy disciple of His Divine Grace Srila Bhaktisiddhanta> > Sarasvati Thakura, Srila Prabhupada, my divine master. I have been> > coming here for such a long time because my Gurudeva has given me an> > impossible mission. His desire was for me to go across the ocean to> > the Western countries and spread the sublime teachings of Sri > Caitanya> > Mahaprabhu. There are countless souls there who have never heard of> > Sri Sri Radha-Krsna and so they are suffering greatly. I have not> > known how this mission of his will be successful, so I have been> > coming here to this special house of Adwaita Acarya, where he,> > Nityananda Prabhu, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would gather together> > to plan the sankirtana movement. It was here that they launched the> > inundation of love of God that swept India and continues to this > day.> > Thus, I have been praying very earnestly here that they will all > give> > me their mercy that somehow they will empower me and guide me. I > want> > to satisfy my gurudeva's desire, but I am feeling unqualified to do> > this.'As he was speaking to me, I saw tears falling down on his> > cheeks again. Then he continued, 'Tomorrow I am leaving for Calcutta> > to go upon a ship across the ocean to America. I do not know what > will> > befall me there, but I am praying most earnestly here for help.' > Then> > he very humbly asked me for my blessings. I was indeed moved by this> > Vaisnava's sincerity and determination was I watched him depart upon> > his journey.It was a few years later that I began noticing, for > the> > first time, white Vaisnavas coming to Adwaita Bhavan. They were> > wearing dhotis and saris and chanting on tulasi-mala. I never spoke > to> > any of them but then one of them gave me this "Back to Godhead"> > magazine from America. As I looked at the photographs, suddenly I> > recognized a painting of the Founder-Acarya who had brought Krsna> > consciousness to the West. It was a picture of my friend,> > Bhaktivedanta Swami, who had come and prayed here so many times> > before. Then I realized that he has actually accomplished that> > impossible mission of his Gurudeva. I saw that it was indeed he,> > starting alone and without pretense, who had accomplished this> > glorious miracle against all odds.As soon as I saw this, I came> > here to his temple in Mayapura to tell you this information. I know> > that he has gone from this world now, but I thought perhaps you > might> > want to know this story about your and my beloved Srila Prabhupada."> >>