IndiaDivine.org

JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARE KRISHNA ! I FEEL, SOME ONE IS TRYING TO JUSTIFY PRAYING TO JESUS ! SANATANA DHARMA IS A STAND ALONE PRINCIPLE WITHOUT THE NEED FOR A CORRUPTION FROM ANY OTHER PHILOSOPHIES, BECAUSE NONE OF THE OTHER FAITHS TEACH "THE MOST SCIENTIFIC LAW OF KARMA". ANOTHER REASON BEING, SEMITIC RELIGIONS HAVE DIVIDED HUMANITY INTO "WE & THEY" AND TAUGHT TO HATE WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THEM WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS. IF ALL HIS LIFE MR. STEPHEN KNAAP PROMOTED SANATANA DHARMA WAS TO FINALLY INSERT JESUS INTO BHARATHAM, LET THAT COME FIRST FROM VATICAN DOWN TO ALL THE SECTS OF CHRISTIANITY TO OPENLY DECLARE THAT ALL THE SPIRITUAL PATHS LEAD TO THE ONE & ONLY DIVINE ! READ BIBLE AND FIND OUT AS TO HOW MANY TIMES JESUS DECLARED THAT "THROUGH ME ALONE, YOU CAN HAVE SALVATION / GET INTO HEAVEN", WHICH MEANS THAT EVERY OTHER WAY IS FALSE ! MAY BE STEPHEN KNAAP DOES NOT WANT TO ADMIT THE SHORT FALLS IN X'IANITY

IN PROVING MUCH OF SCIENTIFICALLY ACCEPTABLE STATEMENTS. IF JESUS KNEW MEDITATION, WHY HE DID NOT TEACH THAT TO HIS DISCIPLES ? IF JESUS KNEW BHAKTI YOGA, WHY HE DID NOT SPECIFICALLY TEACH THAT AS A SCIENCE TO HIS DISCIPLES ? HOW MANY QUESTIONS DO YOU WANT FROM ME ? IF ANY ONE NEEDS, THERE ARE MANY SOURCES FROM CHRISTIAN THEOLOGIANS WHO DOUBT EVEN THE HISTORICITY OF THE EXISTENCE OF JESUS. TO NAME ONE OR TWO, PLEASE VISIT www.askwhy.co.uk or www.jesusneverexisted.com etc.OR READ THE BOOK "AGE OF REASON" BY THOMAS PAINE WHO PROVED THAT upto 1793-94 when the book was written, there were already 300,000 amendments to the original "WORD OF GOD" called Bible. How many are going on even now. Take for instance the hard copy of Bible printed in 1800 and that printed during the last decade, and go line by line, and you can find out the

AMENDMENT MANUFACTURING. It is better to keep discussing the science of Krishna in this forum which does not need any moral or ethical or scientific support from any false philosophies. I am putting this in without any prejudice. I have read 5 Books of Bible and Quran (2 times). Withbest regards VM karthick k <carthic_k1988 wrote: JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA By Stephen Knapp Another aspect of understanding the Vedic teachings in Christianity is to simply look at what is written regarding the teachings of Jesus. By studying the teachings that are ascribed to Jesus, we can easily recognize that the essence of what Jesus taught was an elementary level of the Vedic process of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga. Both of these systems are much more deeply developed and elaborated in the Vedic texts, and more fully explained by many of India’s acharyas spiritual masters. Jesus taught that everyone should love God with their whole heart and mind, which is the quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means devotion and surrender to God. As stated in Matthew (22.36-40): “Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? He answered, Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind. That is the greatest commandment. It comes first. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the Law and the prophets hangs on these two commandments.” These two rules are the heart of the processes of bhakti and karma-yoga. In this way, Jesus taught people the most basic portions of God’s law and gave the most simple commandments, such as, “Thou shalt not kill,” and “Thou shall not steal,” and so on. These rules deal only with moral standards. They do not deal with the higher principles of spiritual

discipline or transcendental realization. This is a sign of the kind of people Jesus was dealing with. They were very primitive and had to be taught the most basic of spiritual knowledge. Obviously, one cannot comprehend advanced spiritual topics if he or she does not have any understanding of simple moral values. Therefore, Jesus was very limited in what he could teach the people of that era. As Jesus said, (St. John 16.12-13, 25): I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into the truth: for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. . . These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall show you plainly of the Father. Thus, Jesus could not reveal the whole truth to the people of that era, but promised that there would be a time when the whole truth would be open to everyone. But whether the people accept it or not is another thing. Jesus also taught that one is judged by his works and the way they behave. This is also the same process as found in bhakti and karma-yoga. Without good works and sincere devotion, one cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Yet, we find in modern Christianity an emphasis on faith, not on works. But this is not upheld in the Bible, as we can see in this verse: “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead.” (James 2.20) Jesus never said that faith alone was all it took to enter the promised land. The way one works is a sign of his faith. And those that

do claim allegiance to the faith and preach in the name of Christ yet do various duplicitous activities in private are still bereft of attaining the favor of Christ, as stated in Matthew (7.21-23): Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity. This, therefore, is the essence of Jesus’ teachings that, as we can see, include the same basic principles of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga (loving God, upholding God’s law in all our actions, and doing

good for others), which is fully explained in the Vedic literature. Jesus never presented anything new or invented, but taught what God had taught and gave all credit to God, as verified as follows: The son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do. (John 5.19). . . When ye have lifted up the son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. (John 8.28). . . I go unto the Father, for my Father is greater than I. (John 14.28) In these verses we have the words of Jesus from the Bible that explain that he taught only what God had spoken and was not himself God, but was the son of God the Father. Furthermore, in Bhagavad-gita (9.17), Krishna specifically explains that He is the Father of

all living entities, and (Bg.7.6, 10.8) is the origin of all that is material and spiritual. Therefore, no contradiction exists in the understanding that Jesus was a son of God, and Krishna is the supreme Father and Creator of all. In this way, we can see that the essence of Christianity is the basic teachings of the Vedic philosophy which was developed much earlier and more deeply than that which is presently found within the philosophy of Christianity. Sarvam Krishnarpanam Aum Tat Sath Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online.

It is very good. There is no need of support from any

other faiths for Sanathana Dharma. It will stand of

it's own for several millioniums. Hari Om Lalitha

venkataraman

--- vavamenon <vavamenon wrote:

> HARE KRISHNA !

> I FEEL, SOME ONE IS TRYING TO JUSTIFY PRAYING TO

> JESUS !

> SANATANA DHARMA IS A STAND ALONE PRINCIPLE WITHOUT

> THE NEED FOR A CORRUPTION FROM ANY OTHER

> PHILOSOPHIES, BECAUSE NONE OF THE OTHER FAITHS TEACH

> " THE MOST SCIENTIFIC LAW OF KARMA " . ANOTHER REASON

> BEING, SEMITIC RELIGIONS HAVE DIVIDED HUMANITY INTO

> " WE & THEY " AND TAUGHT TO HATE WHO DO NOT FOLLOW

> THEM WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS.

> IF ALL HIS LIFE MR. STEPHEN KNAAP PROMOTED

> SANATANA DHARMA WAS TO FINALLY INSERT JESUS INTO

> BHARATHAM, LET THAT COME FIRST FROM VATICAN DOWN TO

> ALL THE SECTS OF CHRISTIANITY TO OPENLY DECLARE THAT

> ALL THE SPIRITUAL PATHS LEAD TO THE ONE & ONLY

> DIVINE !

> READ BIBLE AND FIND OUT AS TO HOW MANY TIMES JESUS

> DECLARED THAT " THROUGH ME ALONE, YOU CAN HAVE

> SALVATION / GET INTO HEAVEN " , WHICH MEANS THAT EVERY

> OTHER WAY IS FALSE ! MAY BE STEPHEN KNAAP DOES NOT

> WANT TO ADMIT THE SHORT FALLS IN X'IANITY IN PROVING

> MUCH OF SCIENTIFICALLY ACCEPTABLE STATEMENTS. IF

> JESUS KNEW MEDITATION, WHY HE DID NOT TEACH THAT TO

> HIS DISCIPLES ? IF JESUS KNEW BHAKTI YOGA, WHY HE

> DID NOT SPECIFICALLY TEACH THAT AS A SCIENCE TO HIS

> DISCIPLES ? HOW MANY QUESTIONS DO YOU WANT FROM ME

> ?

> IF ANY ONE NEEDS, THERE ARE MANY SOURCES FROM

> CHRISTIAN THEOLOGIANS WHO DOUBT EVEN THE HISTORICITY

> OF THE EXISTENCE OF JESUS. TO NAME ONE OR TWO,

> PLEASE VISIT www.askwhy.co.uk or

> www.jesusneverexisted.com etc.OR READ THE BOOK " AGE

> OF REASON " BY THOMAS PAINE WHO PROVED THAT upto

> 1793-94 when the book was written, there were

> already 300,000 amendments to the original " WORD OF

> GOD " called Bible. How many are going on even now.

> Take for instance the hard copy of Bible printed in

> 1800 and that printed during the last decade, and go

> line by line, and you can find out the AMENDMENT

> MANUFACTURING.

> It is better to keep discussing the science of

> Krishna in this forum which does not need any moral

> or ethical or scientific support from any false

> philosophies. I am putting this in without any

> prejudice. I have read 5 Books of Bible and Quran

> (2 times).

> Withbest regards

> VM

>

>

>

>

> karthick k <carthic_k1988 wrote:

> JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA

> By Stephen Knapp

>

> Another aspect of understanding the Vedic

> teachings in Christianity is to simply look at what

> is written regarding the teachings of Jesus. By

> studying the teachings that are ascribed to Jesus,

> we can easily recognize that the essence of what

> Jesus taught was an elementary level of the Vedic

> process of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga. Both of these

> systems are much more deeply developed and

> elaborated in the Vedic texts, and more fully

> explained by many of India’s acharyas spiritual

> masters.

> Jesus taught that everyone should love God with

> their whole heart and mind, which is the

> quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means devotion

> and surrender to God. As stated in Matthew

> (22.36-40): “Master, which is the greatest

> commandment in the law? He answered, Love the Lord

> thy God with all your heart, with all your soul,

> with all your mind. That is the greatest

> commandment. It comes first. The second is like it:

> Love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the

> Law and the prophets hangs on these two

> commandments.” These two rules are the heart of the

> processes of bhakti and karma-yoga.

> In this way, Jesus taught people the most basic

> portions of God’s law and gave the most simple

> commandments, such as, “Thou shalt not kill,” and

> “Thou shall not steal,” and so on. These rules deal

> only with moral standards. They do not deal with the

> higher principles of spiritual discipline or

> transcendental realization. This is a sign of the

> kind of people Jesus was dealing with. They were

> very primitive and had to be taught the most basic

> of spiritual knowledge. Obviously, one cannot

> comprehend advanced spiritual topics if he or she

> does not have any understanding of simple moral

> values. Therefore, Jesus was very limited in what he

> could teach the people of that era. As Jesus said,

> (St. John 16.12-13, 25):

>

> I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye

> cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of

> truth, is come, he will guide you into the truth:

> for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he

> shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew

> you things to come. . . These things have I spoken

> unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I

> shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I

> shall show you plainly of the Father.

> Thus, Jesus could not reveal the whole truth to

> the people of that era, but promised that there

> would be a time when the whole truth would be open

> to everyone. But whether the people accept it or not

> is another thing.

> Jesus also taught that one is judged by his works

> and the way they behave. This is also the same

> process as found in bhakti and karma-yoga. Without

> good works and sincere devotion, one cannot enter

> into the kingdom of God. Yet, we find in modern

> Christianity an emphasis on faith, not on works. But

> this is not upheld in the Bible, as we can see in

> this verse: “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that

> faith without works is dead.” (James 2.20) Jesus

> never said that faith alone was all it took to enter

> the promised land. The way one works is a sign of

> his faith. And those that do claim allegiance to the

> faith and preach in the name of Christ yet do

> various duplicitous activities in private are still

> bereft of attaining the favor of Christ, as stated

> in Matthew (7.21-23):

> Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall

> enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth

> the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will

> say to me that day, Lord, Lord, have we not

> prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast

> out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful

> works? And then will I profess unto them, I never

> knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

> This, therefore, is the essence of Jesus’

> teachings that, as we can see, include the same

> basic principles of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga

> (loving God, upholding God’s law in all our actions,

> and doing good for others), which is fully explained

> in the Vedic literature. Jesus never presented

> anything new or invented, but taught what God had

> taught and gave all credit to God, as verified as

> follows:

> The son can do nothing of himself, but what he

> seeth the Father do. (John 5.19). . . When ye have

> lifted up the son of man, then shall ye know that I

> am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my

> Father hath taught me, I speak these things. (John

> 8.28). . . I go unto the Father, for my Father is

> greater than I. (John 14.28)

> In these verses we have the words of Jesus from

> the Bible that explain that he taught only what God

> had spoken and was not himself God, but was the son

> of God the Father. Furthermore, in Bhagavad-gita

> (9.17), Krishna specifically explains that He is the

> Father of all living entities, and (Bg.7.6, 10.8) is

> the origin of all that is material and spiritual.

> Therefore, no contradiction exists in the

> understanding that Jesus was a son of God, and

> Krishna is the supreme Father and Creator of all. In

> this way, we can see that the essence of

> Christianity is the basic teachings of the Vedic

> philosophy which was developed much earlier and more

> deeply than that which is presently found within the

> philosophy of Christianity.

>

>

> Sarvam Krishnarpanam

> Aum Tat Sath

>

> Forgot the famous last words? Access your message

> archive online.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

What we should try to understand is that Sri Krsna and his confidential devotees are always trying to bring the fallen conditioned souls back to Godhead. Sri Krsna appeared as Lord Buddha. Lord Buddha was a nastiq. He denied the Vedas. Does that negate the transcendental mission of Lord Buddha? No, Desa Kala Parta. Time Place and Circumstance. That is the principal of preaching. What of Sankaracarya? He is considered to be an incarnation of Lord Siva. Is He not worthy of our respect? He is responsible for bringing the residents of Bharata Varsa back to the Vedas after Lord Buddha. He did not preach Devotion to Krsna but he served his purpose. Is He not to be respected? Krsna told Arjuna that all of the soldiers are dead before the battle of Kuruksetra even took place. Arjuna could preform his duty and "get the credit". So Lord Caintanya's movement is progressing even without us. Try to see the overall principal. Lord Krsna's devotees are spreading Love of Godhead in many ways. Not all is direct. Not all is revealed. Since we have been given the highest Siddhanta, Bhakti Yoga, let us surrender to the Acarya's. If ancillary complementary activities are going on that may not be of the highest order, we should not criticize. We may point out the missing ingredients in such philosophies but we should avoid out right denial of what good may come of it. A blind uncle is better than no uncle at all.

Syamakunda Das

From: drlalithavenkat2002Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 22:31:14 -0800Re: JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA

It is very good. There is no need of support from anyother faiths for Sanathana Dharma. It will stand ofit's own for several millioniums. Hari Om Lalithavenkataraman--- vavamenon <vavamenon > wrote:> HARE KRISHNA !> I FEEL, SOME ONE IS TRYING TO JUSTIFY PRAYING TO> JESUS !> SANATANA DHARMA IS A STAND ALONE PRINCIPLE WITHOUT> THE NEED FOR A CORRUPTION FROM ANY OTHER> PHILOSOPHIES, BECAUSE NONE OF THE OTHER FAITHS TEACH> "THE MOST SCIENTIFIC LAW OF KARMA". ANOTHER REASON> BEING, SEMITIC RELIGIONS HAVE DIVIDED HUMANITY INTO> "WE & THEY" AND TAUGHT TO HATE WHO DO NOT FOLLOW> THEM WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS.> IF ALL HIS LIFE MR. STEPHEN KNAAP PROMOTED> SANATANA DHARMA WAS TO FINALLY INSERT JESUS INTO> BHARATHAM, LET THAT COME FIRST FROM VATICAN DOWN TO> ALL THE SECTS OF CHRISTIANITY TO OPENLY DECLARE THAT> ALL THE SPIRITUAL PATHS LEAD TO THE ONE & ONLY> DIVINE ! > READ BIBLE AND FIND OUT AS TO HOW MANY TIMES JESUS> DECLARED THAT "THROUGH ME ALONE, YOU CAN HAVE> SALVATION / GET INTO HEAVEN", WHICH MEANS THAT EVERY> OTHER WAY IS FALSE ! MAY BE STEPHEN KNAAP DOES NOT> WANT TO ADMIT THE SHORT FALLS IN X'IANITY IN PROVING> MUCH OF SCIENTIFICALLY ACCEPTABLE STATEMENTS. IF> JESUS KNEW MEDITATION, WHY HE DID NOT TEACH THAT TO> HIS DISCIPLES ? IF JESUS KNEW BHAKTI YOGA, WHY HE> DID NOT SPECIFICALLY TEACH THAT AS A SCIENCE TO HIS> DISCIPLES ? HOW MANY QUESTIONS DO YOU WANT FROM ME> ?> IF ANY ONE NEEDS, THERE ARE MANY SOURCES FROM> CHRISTIAN THEOLOGIANS WHO DOUBT EVEN THE HISTORICITY> OF THE EXISTENCE OF JESUS. TO NAME ONE OR TWO,> PLEASE VISIT www.askwhy.co.uk or> www.jesusneverexisted.com etc.OR READ THE BOOK "AGE> OF REASON" BY THOMAS PAINE WHO PROVED THAT upto> 1793-94 when the book was written, there were> already 300,000 amendments to the original "WORD OF> GOD" called Bible. How many are going on even now. > Take for instance the hard copy of Bible printed in> 1800 and that printed during the last decade, and go> line by line, and you can find out the AMENDMENT> MANUFACTURING.> It is better to keep discussing the science of> Krishna in this forum which does not need any moral> or ethical or scientific support from any false> philosophies. I am putting this in without any> prejudice. I have read 5 Books of Bible and Quran> (2 times).> Withbest regards> VM> > > > > karthick k <carthic_k1988 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA> By Stephen Knapp> > Another aspect of understanding the Vedic> teachings in Christianity is to simply look at what> is written regarding the teachings of Jesus. By> studying the teachings that are ascribed to Jesus,> we can easily recognize that the essence of what> Jesus taught was an elementary level of the Vedic> process of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga. Both of these> systems are much more deeply developed and> elaborated in the Vedic texts, and more fully> explained by many of India’s acharyas spiritual> masters. > Jesus taught that everyone should love God with> their whole heart and mind, which is the> quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means devotion> and surrender to God. As stated in Matthew> (22.36-40): “Master, which is the greatest> commandment in the law? He answered, Love the Lord> thy God with all your heart, with all your soul,> with all your mind. That is the greatest> commandment. It comes first. The second is like it:> Love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the> Law and the prophets hangs on these two> commandments.” These two rules are the heart of the> processes of bhakti and karma-yoga.> In this way, Jesus taught people the most basic> portions of God’s law and gave the most simple> commandments, such as, “Thou shalt not kill,” and> “Thou shall not steal,” and so on. These rules deal> only with moral standards. They do not deal with the> higher principles of spiritual discipline or> transcendental realization. This is a sign of the> kind of people Jesus was dealing with. They were> very primitive and had to be taught the most basic> of spiritual knowledge. Obviously, one cannot> comprehend advanced spiritual topics if he or she> does not have any understanding of simple moral> values. Therefore, Jesus was very limited in what he> could teach the people of that era. As Jesus said,> (St. John 16.12-13, 25):> > I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye> cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of> truth, is come, he will guide you into the truth:> for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he> shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew> you things to come. . . These things have I spoken> unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I> shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I> shall show you plainly of the Father.> Thus, Jesus could not reveal the whole truth to> the people of that era, but promised that there> would be a time when the whole truth would be open> to everyone. But whether the people accept it or not> is another thing. > Jesus also taught that one is judged by his works> and the way they behave. This is also the same> process as found in bhakti and karma-yoga. Without> good works and sincere devotion, one cannot enter> into the kingdom of God. Yet, we find in modern> Christianity an emphasis on faith, not on works. But> this is not upheld in the Bible, as we can see in> this verse: “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that> faith without works is dead.” (James 2.20) Jesus> never said that faith alone was all it took to enter> the promised land. The way one works is a sign of> his faith. And those that do claim allegiance to the> faith and preach in the name of Christ yet do> various duplicitous activities in private are still> bereft of attaining the favor of Christ, as stated> in Matthew (7.21-23): > Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall> enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth> the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will> say to me that day, Lord, Lord, have we not> prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast> out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful> works? And then will I profess unto them, I never> knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.> This, therefore, is the essence of Jesus’> teachings that, as we can see, include the same> basic principles of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga> (loving God, upholding God’s law in all our actions,> and doing good for others), which is fully explained> in the Vedic literature. Jesus never presented> anything new or invented, but taught what God had> taught and gave all credit to God, as verified as> follows:> The son can do nothing of himself, but what he> seeth the Father do. (John 5.19). . . When ye have> lifted up the son of man, then shall ye know that I> am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my> Father hath taught me, I speak these things. (John> 8.28). . . I go unto the Father, for my Father is> greater than I. (John 14.28)> In these verses we have the words of Jesus from> the Bible that explain that he taught only what God> had spoken and was not himself God, but was the son> of God the Father. Furthermore, in Bhagavad-gita> (9.17), Krishna specifically explains that He is the> Father of all living entities, and (Bg.7.6, 10.8) is> the origin of all that is material and spiritual.> Therefore, no contradiction exists in the> understanding that Jesus was a son of God, and> Krishna is the supreme Father and Creator of all. In> this way, we can see that the essence of> Christianity is the basic teachings of the Vedic> philosophy which was developed much earlier and more> deeply than that which is presently found within the> philosophy of Christianity. > > > Sarvam Krishnarpanam > Aum Tat Sath > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your message> archive online. > > > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam> protection around > Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!

This is my biggest stumbling block. I was raised Catholic and

questioned my religion from a young age. After much study I have

become convinced that Christianity is a scam and Jesus Christ never

existed. When seemingly great spiritual personalities show some

reverence for Christianity I must take it that they are playing to

their audience, because if I accepted what they say at face value I

would be forced to conclude that they are ignorant. I find

christianity vile and disgusting and any effort to clean it up even

more so.

Philip

, karthick k

<carthic_k1988 wrote:

>

> JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA

> By Stephen Knapp

>

> Another aspect of understanding the Vedic teachings in

Christianity is to simply look at what is written regarding the

teachings of Jesus. By studying the teachings that are ascribed to

Jesus, we can easily recognize that the essence of what Jesus taught

was an elementary level of the Vedic process of bhakti-yoga and karma-

yoga. Both of these systems are much more deeply developed and

elaborated in the Vedic texts, and more fully explained by many of

India's acharyas spiritual masters.

> Jesus taught that everyone should love God with their whole heart

and mind, which is the quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means

devotion and surrender to God. As stated in Matthew (22.36-

40): " Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? He

answered, Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, with all your

soul, with all your mind. That is the greatest commandment. It comes

first. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Everything in the Law and the prophets hangs on these two

commandments. " These two rules are the heart of the processes of

bhakti and karma-yoga.

> In this way, Jesus taught people the most basic portions of God's

law and gave the most simple commandments, such as, " Thou shalt not

kill, " and " Thou shall not steal, " and so on. These rules deal only

with moral standards. They do not deal with the higher principles of

spiritual discipline or transcendental realization. This is a sign of

the kind of people Jesus was dealing with. They were very primitive

and had to be taught the most basic of spiritual knowledge.

Obviously, one cannot comprehend advanced spiritual topics if he or

she does not have any understanding of simple moral values.

Therefore, Jesus was very limited in what he could teach the people

of that era. As Jesus said, (St. John 16.12-13, 25):

>

> I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them

now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you

into the truth: for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he

shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to

come. . . These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the

time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I

shall show you plainly of the Father.

> Thus, Jesus could not reveal the whole truth to the people of

that era, but promised that there would be a time when the whole

truth would be open to everyone. But whether the people accept it or

not is another thing.

> Jesus also taught that one is judged by his works and the way

they behave. This is also the same process as found in bhakti and

karma-yoga. Without good works and sincere devotion, one cannot enter

into the kingdom of God. Yet, we find in modern Christianity an

emphasis on faith, not on works. But this is not upheld in the Bible,

as we can see in this verse: " But wilt thou know, O vain man, that

faith without works is dead. " (James 2.20) Jesus never said that

faith alone was all it took to enter the promised land. The way one

works is a sign of his faith. And those that do claim allegiance to

the faith and preach in the name of Christ yet do various duplicitous

activities in private are still bereft of attaining the favor of

Christ, as stated in Matthew (7.21-23):

> Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the

kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is

in heaven. Many will say to me that day, Lord, Lord, have we not

prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in

thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto

them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

> This, therefore, is the essence of Jesus' teachings that, as we

can see, include the same basic principles of bhakti-yoga and karma-

yoga (loving God, upholding God's law in all our actions, and doing

good for others), which is fully explained in the Vedic literature.

Jesus never presented anything new or invented, but taught what God

had taught and gave all credit to God, as verified as follows:

> The son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father

do. (John 5.19). . . When ye have lifted up the son of man, then

shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as

my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. (John 8.28). . . I go

unto the Father, for my Father is greater than I. (John 14.28)

> In these verses we have the words of Jesus from the Bible that

explain that he taught only what God had spoken and was not himself

God, but was the son of God the Father. Furthermore, in Bhagavad-gita

(9.17), Krishna specifically explains that He is the Father of all

living entities, and (Bg.7.6, 10.8) is the origin of all that is

material and spiritual. Therefore, no contradiction exists in the

understanding that Jesus was a son of God, and Krishna is the supreme

Father and Creator of all. In this way, we can see that the essence

of Christianity is the basic teachings of the Vedic philosophy which

was developed much earlier and more deeply than that which is

presently found within the philosophy of Christianity.

>

>

> Sarvam Krishnarpanam

> Aum Tat Sath

>

>

> Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online.

>

Hari Om!

I think if you read his message properly, this is exactly what he is trying to prove. However, he dwelled on other Bible details too much and lost his original intent. There should not be too much of discussion on this topic, as you have said it right. SANATANA DHARMA IS A STAND ALONE

- Jagdish

-

lalitha venkat

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:31 PM

Re: JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA

It is very good. There is no need of support from anyother faiths for Sanathana Dharma. It will stand ofit's own for several millioniums. Hari Om Lalithavenkataraman--- vavamenon <vavamenon > wrote:> HARE KRISHNA !> I FEEL, SOME ONE IS TRYING TO JUSTIFY PRAYING TO> JESUS !> SANATANA DHARMA IS A STAND ALONE PRINCIPLE WITHOUT> THE NEED FOR A CORRUPTION FROM ANY OTHER> PHILOSOPHIES, BECAUSE NONE OF THE OTHER FAITHS TEACH> "THE MOST SCIENTIFIC LAW OF KARMA". ANOTHER REASON> BEING, SEMITIC RELIGIONS HAVE DIVIDED HUMANITY INTO> "WE & THEY" AND TAUGHT TO HATE WHO DO NOT FOLLOW> THEM WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS.> IF ALL HIS LIFE MR. STEPHEN KNAAP PROMOTED> SANATANA DHARMA WAS TO FINALLY INSERT JESUS INTO> BHARATHAM, LET THAT COME FIRST FROM VATICAN DOWN TO> ALL THE SECTS OF CHRISTIANITY TO OPENLY DECLARE THAT> ALL THE SPIRITUAL PATHS LEAD TO THE ONE & ONLY> DIVINE ! > READ BIBLE AND FIND OUT AS TO HOW MANY TIMES JESUS> DECLARED THAT "THROUGH ME ALONE, YOU CAN HAVE> SALVATION / GET INTO HEAVEN", WHICH MEANS THAT EVERY> OTHER WAY IS FALSE ! MAY BE STEPHEN KNAAP DOES NOT> WANT TO ADMIT THE SHORT FALLS IN X'IANITY IN PROVING> MUCH OF SCIENTIFICALLY ACCEPTABLE STATEMENTS. IF> JESUS KNEW MEDITATION, WHY HE DID NOT TEACH THAT TO> HIS DISCIPLES ? IF JESUS KNEW BHAKTI YOGA, WHY HE> DID NOT SPECIFICALLY TEACH THAT AS A SCIENCE TO HIS> DISCIPLES ? HOW MANY QUESTIONS DO YOU WANT FROM ME> ?> IF ANY ONE NEEDS, THERE ARE MANY SOURCES FROM> CHRISTIAN THEOLOGIANS WHO DOUBT EVEN THE HISTORICITY> OF THE EXISTENCE OF JESUS. TO NAME ONE OR TWO,> PLEASE VISIT www.askwhy.co.uk or> www.jesusneverexisted.com etc.OR READ THE BOOK "AGE> OF REASON" BY THOMAS PAINE WHO PROVED THAT upto> 1793-94 when the book was written, there were> already 300,000 amendments to the original "WORD OF> GOD" called Bible. How many are going on even now. > Take for instance the hard copy of Bible printed in> 1800 and that printed during the last decade, and go> line by line, and you can find out the AMENDMENT> MANUFACTURING.> It is better to keep discussing the science of> Krishna in this forum which does not need any moral> or ethical or scientific support from any false> philosophies. I am putting this in without any> prejudice. I have read 5 Books of Bible and Quran> (2 times).> Withbest regards> VM> > > > > karthick k <carthic_k1988 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA> By Stephen Knapp> > Another aspect of understanding the Vedic> teachings in Christianity is to simply look at what> is written regarding the teachings of Jesus. By> studying the teachings that are ascribed to Jesus,> we can easily recognize that the essence of what> Jesus taught was an elementary level of the Vedic> process of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga. Both of these> systems are much more deeply developed and> elaborated in the Vedic texts, and more fully> explained by many of India’s acharyas spiritual> masters. > Jesus taught that everyone should love God with> their whole heart and mind, which is the> quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means devotion> and surrender to God. As stated in Matthew> (22.36-40): “Master, which is the greatest> commandment in the law? He answered, Love the Lord> thy God with all your heart, with all your soul,> with all your mind. That is the greatest> commandment. It comes first. The second is like it:> Love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the> Law and the prophets hangs on these two> commandments.” These two rules are the heart of the> processes of bhakti and karma-yoga.> In this way, Jesus taught people the most basic> portions of God’s law and gave the most simple> commandments, such as, “Thou shalt not kill,” and> “Thou shall not steal,” and so on. These rules deal> only with moral standards. They do not deal with the> higher principles of spiritual discipline or> transcendental realization. This is a sign of the> kind of people Jesus was dealing with. They were> very primitive and had to be taught the most basic> of spiritual knowledge. Obviously, one cannot> comprehend advanced spiritual topics if he or she> does not have any understanding of simple moral> values. Therefore, Jesus was very limited in what he> could teach the people of that era. As Jesus said,> (St. John 16.12-13, 25):> > I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye> cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of> truth, is come, he will guide you into the truth:> for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he> shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew> you things to come. . . These things have I spoken> unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I> shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I> shall show you plainly of the Father.> Thus, Jesus could not reveal the whole truth to> the people of that era, but promised that there> would be a time when the whole truth would be open> to everyone. But whether the people accept it or not> is another thing. > Jesus also taught that one is judged by his works> and the way they behave. This is also the same> process as found in bhakti and karma-yoga. Without> good works and sincere devotion, one cannot enter> into the kingdom of God. Yet, we find in modern> Christianity an emphasis on faith, not on works. But> this is not upheld in the Bible, as we can see in> this verse: “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that> faith without works is dead.” (James 2.20) Jesus> never said that faith alone was all it took to enter> the promised land. The way one works is a sign of> his faith. And those that do claim allegiance to the> faith and preach in the name of Christ yet do> various duplicitous activities in private are still> bereft of attaining the favor of Christ, as stated> in Matthew (7.21-23): > Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall> enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth> the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will> say to me that day, Lord, Lord, have we not> prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast> out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful> works? And then will I profess unto them, I never> knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.> This, therefore, is the essence of Jesus’> teachings that, as we can see, include the same> basic principles of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga> (loving God, upholding God’s law in all our actions,> and doing good for others), which is fully explained> in the Vedic literature. Jesus never presented> anything new or invented, but taught what God had> taught and gave all credit to God, as verified as> follows:> The son can do nothing of himself, but what he> seeth the Father do. (John 5.19). . . When ye have> lifted up the son of man, then shall ye know that I> am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my> Father hath taught me, I speak these things. (John> 8.28). . . I go unto the Father, for my Father is> greater than I. (John 14.28)> In these verses we have the words of Jesus from> the Bible that explain that he taught only what God> had spoken and was not himself God, but was the son> of God the Father. Furthermore, in Bhagavad-gita> (9.17), Krishna specifically explains that He is the> Father of all living entities, and (Bg.7.6, 10.8) is> the origin of all that is material and spiritual.> Therefore, no contradiction exists in the> understanding that Jesus was a son of God, and> Krishna is the supreme Father and Creator of all. In> this way, we can see that the essence of> Christianity is the basic teachings of the Vedic> philosophy which was developed much earlier and more> deeply than that which is presently found within the> philosophy of Christianity. > > > Sarvam Krishnarpanam > Aum Tat Sath > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your message> archive online. > > > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam> protection around >

Dear Mr. Stephen, Greetings ! I understand your point and also your concern. Devotees of Krishna need not be introduced to Jesus. In fact, it should be the other way around. Followers of Jesus can follow him as long as they want, but let them not try to convince Bharatheeyans that JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY, as Jesus does NOT FIGURE OR CONTRIBUTE TO THE SCIENCE OF SANATANA DHARMA. And Jesus has not said anything new that has not been said in THE SANATANA DHARMA SCRIPTURES. AND THAT IS ONE MAIN REASON THAT BHARATHEEYANS DO NOT MIND WHATEVER THE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS WANT TO FOLLOW AND THE PERCENTAGE OF X'IANS AND MUSLIMS GET STUCK IN THE MARGINS. BHARATHEEYANS HAVE A POLICY OF "LIVE AND LET LIVE" unlike any other EXCLUSIVE FAITH FOLLOWERS (WHOLESALE AGENCY HOLDERS OF GOD). ONCE THE VATICAN AND ALL OTHER SECTS IN CHURCHIANITY / X'IANITY AND ALSO ISLAM ADMIT THAT ALL PATHS ARE LEADING TO

THE DIVINE, WE HAVE NO GRUDGE (WHICH CREATES A "NON-CONVERSION" SITUATION AND ALSO LEADS TO A NON-VIOLENT LIVES.) In the year 2000, Pope declared in Delhi during Diwali that "FIRST MILLENNIUM SAW X'ANITY CAPTURING EUROPE, SECOND MILLENNIUM SAW AMERICA UNDER THE FOOT OF CHURCHIANITY / X'IANITY. LET THE THIRD MILLENNIUM SEE THAT ASIA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD UNDER POPE." IF THIS IS NOT A CALL FOR AGGRESSION AND AN ASSAULT ON MY FREEDOM OF THOUGHT / WORD AND ACTION, WHAT IS IT ? (AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, "TO HELL WITH THE POPE AND HIS CALLS. HE IS AS IGNORANT AS ANY OTHER ILLITERATE WHO HAS NOT USED HIS BRAINS AND HE DOES NOT OBSERVE / ANALYSE TRULY FROM WHAT HE SEES. You should be talking to Vatican and not this FORUM MEMBERS, RESPECTED MR. STEPHEN. With best regards and prayers for PEACE FOR ALL ! vm Stephen Silberman

<srs8 wrote: What we should try to understand is that Sri Krsna and his confidential devotees are always trying to bring the fallen conditioned souls back to Godhead. Sri Krsna appeared as Lord Buddha. Lord Buddha was a nastiq. He denied the Vedas. Does that negate the transcendental mission of Lord Buddha? No, Desa Kala Parta. Time Place and Circumstance. That is the principal of preaching. What of Sankaracarya? He is considered to be an incarnation of Lord Siva. Is He not worthy of our respect? He is responsible for bringing the residents of

Bharata Varsa back to the Vedas after Lord Buddha. He did not preach Devotion to Krsna but he served his purpose. Is He not to be respected? Krsna told Arjuna that all of the soldiers are dead before the battle of Kuruksetra even took place. Arjuna could preform his duty and "get the credit". So Lord Caintanya's movement is progressing even without us. Try to see the overall principal. Lord Krsna's devotees are spreading Love of Godhead in many ways. Not all is direct. Not all is revealed. Since we have been given the highest Siddhanta, Bhakti Yoga, let us surrender to the Acarya's. If ancillary complementary activities are going on that may not be of the highest order, we should not criticize. We may point out the missing ingredients in such philosophies but we should avoid out right denial of what good may come of it. A blind uncle is better than no uncle at all. Syamakunda Das From:

drlalithavenkat2002 Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 22:31:14 -0800Re: JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA It is very good. There is no need of support from anyother faiths for Sanathana Dharma. It will stand ofit's own for several millioniums. Hari Om Lalithavenkataraman--- vavamenon <vavamenon > wrote:> HARE KRISHNA !> I FEEL, SOME ONE IS TRYING TO JUSTIFY PRAYING TO> JESUS !> SANATANA DHARMA IS A STAND ALONE PRINCIPLE WITHOUT> THE NEED FOR A CORRUPTION FROM ANY OTHER> PHILOSOPHIES, BECAUSE NONE OF THE OTHER FAITHS TEACH> "THE MOST SCIENTIFIC LAW OF KARMA". ANOTHER REASON> BEING, SEMITIC RELIGIONS HAVE DIVIDED HUMANITY INTO> "WE & THEY" AND TAUGHT TO HATE WHO DO NOT FOLLOW> THEM WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS.> IF

ALL HIS LIFE MR. STEPHEN KNAAP PROMOTED> SANATANA DHARMA WAS TO FINALLY INSERT JESUS INTO> BHARATHAM, LET THAT COME FIRST FROM VATICAN DOWN TO> ALL THE SECTS OF CHRISTIANITY TO OPENLY DECLARE THAT> ALL THE SPIRITUAL PATHS LEAD TO THE ONE & ONLY> DIVINE ! > READ BIBLE AND FIND OUT AS TO HOW MANY TIMES JESUS> DECLARED THAT "THROUGH ME ALONE, YOU CAN HAVE> SALVATION / GET INTO HEAVEN", WHICH MEANS THAT EVERY> OTHER WAY IS FALSE ! MAY BE STEPHEN KNAAP DOES NOT> WANT TO ADMIT THE SHORT FALLS IN X'IANITY IN PROVING> MUCH OF SCIENTIFICALLY ACCEPTABLE STATEMENTS. IF> JESUS KNEW MEDITATION, WHY HE DID NOT TEACH THAT TO> HIS DISCIPLES ? IF JESUS KNEW BHAKTI YOGA, WHY HE> DID NOT SPECIFICALLY TEACH THAT AS A SCIENCE TO HIS> DISCIPLES ? HOW MANY QUESTIONS DO YOU WANT FROM ME> ?> IF ANY ONE NEEDS, THERE ARE MANY SOURCES FROM> CHRISTIAN THEOLOGIANS WHO DOUBT

EVEN THE HISTORICITY> OF THE EXISTENCE OF JESUS. TO NAME ONE OR TWO,> PLEASE VISIT www.askwhy.co.uk or> www.jesusneverexisted.com etc.OR READ THE BOOK "AGE> OF REASON" BY THOMAS PAINE WHO PROVED THAT upto> 1793-94 when the book was written, there were> already 300,000 amendments to the original "WORD OF> GOD" called Bible. How many are going on even now. > Take for instance the hard copy of Bible printed in> 1800 and that printed during the last decade, and go> line by line, and you can find out the AMENDMENT> MANUFACTURING.> It is better to keep discussing the science of> Krishna in this forum which does not need any moral> or ethical or scientific support from any false> philosophies. I am putting this in without any> prejudice. I have read 5 Books of Bible and Quran> (2 times).> Withbest regards> VM> > >

> > karthick k <carthic_k1988 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA> By Stephen Knapp> > Another aspect of understanding the Vedic> teachings in Christianity is to simply look at what> is written regarding the teachings of Jesus. By> studying the teachings that are ascribed to Jesus,> we can easily recognize that the essence of what> Jesus taught was an elementary level of the Vedic> process of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga. Both of these> systems are much more deeply developed and> elaborated in the Vedic texts, and more fully> explained by many of India’s acharyas spiritual> masters. > Jesus taught that everyone should love God with> their whole heart and mind, which is the> quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means devotion> and surrender to God. As stated in

Matthew> (22.36-40): “Master, which is the greatest> commandment in the law? He answered, Love the Lord> thy God with all your heart, with all your soul,> with all your mind. That is the greatest> commandment. It comes first. The second is like it:> Love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the> Law and the prophets hangs on these two> commandments.” These two rules are the heart of the> processes of bhakti and karma-yoga.> In this way, Jesus taught people the most basic> portions of God’s law and gave the most simple> commandments, such as, “Thou shalt not kill,” and> “Thou shall not steal,” and so on. These rules deal> only with moral standards. They do not deal with the> higher principles of spiritual discipline or> transcendental realization. This is a sign of the> kind of people Jesus was dealing with. They were> very primitive and had to

be taught the most basic> of spiritual knowledge. Obviously, one cannot> comprehend advanced spiritual topics if he or she> does not have any understanding of simple moral> values. Therefore, Jesus was very limited in what he> could teach the people of that era. As Jesus said,> (St. John 16.12-13, 25):> > I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye> cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of> truth, is come, he will guide you into the truth:> for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he> shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew> you things to come. . . These things have I spoken> unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I> shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I> shall show you plainly of the Father.> Thus, Jesus could not reveal the whole truth to> the people of that era, but promised that there>

would be a time when the whole truth would be open> to everyone. But whether the people accept it or not> is another thing. > Jesus also taught that one is judged by his works> and the way they behave. This is also the same> process as found in bhakti and karma-yoga. Without> good works and sincere devotion, one cannot enter> into the kingdom of God. Yet, we find in modern> Christianity an emphasis on faith, not on works. But> this is not upheld in the Bible, as we can see in> this verse: “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that> faith without works is dead.” (James 2.20) Jesus> never said that faith alone was all it took to enter> the promised land. The way one works is a sign of> his faith. And those that do claim allegiance to the> faith and preach in the name of Christ yet do> various duplicitous activities in private are still> bereft of attaining the

favor of Christ, as stated> in Matthew (7.21-23): > Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall> enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth> the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will> say to me that day, Lord, Lord, have we not> prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast> out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful> works? And then will I profess unto them, I never> knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.> This, therefore, is the essence of Jesus’> teachings that, as we can see, include the same> basic principles of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga> (loving God, upholding God’s law in all our actions,> and doing good for others), which is fully explained> in the Vedic literature. Jesus never presented> anything new or invented, but taught what God had> taught and gave all credit to God, as verified as>

follows:> The son can do nothing of himself, but what he> seeth the Father do. (John 5.19). . . When ye have> lifted up the son of man, then shall ye know that I> am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my> Father hath taught me, I speak these things. (John> 8.28). . . I go unto the Father, for my Father is> greater than I. (John 14.28)> In these verses we have the words of Jesus from> the Bible that explain that he taught only what God> had spoken and was not himself God, but was the son> of God the Father. Furthermore, in Bhagavad-gita> (9.17), Krishna specifically explains that He is the> Father of all living entities, and (Bg.7.6, 10.8) is> the origin of all that is material and spiritual.> Therefore, no contradiction exists in the> understanding that Jesus was a son of God, and> Krishna is the supreme Father and Creator of all. In> this

way, we can see that the essence of> Christianity is the basic teachings of the Vedic> philosophy which was developed much earlier and more> deeply than that which is presently found within the> philosophy of Christianity. > > > Sarvam Krishnarpanam > Aum Tat Sath > > Forgot the famous last words? Access your message> archive online. > > > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam> protection around > Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!

Om Namoh Narayanaya. My biggest problem with all these "charitable" people is that they never help you just because they do not like to see suffering--they barter your souls in the process. Rarely do you hear of these people helping someone and not asking you to convert in the process--have plenty of stories that I can relate of them doing this in my country. It is the same with some of these sects/groups that never call themselves Hindus/Sanatana Dharma. They only help you when you join them too. If you really care about Humanity and Human sufferings you would help anyone in need without wanting anything back in return. This is why I am begging all followers of Sanatana Dharma to please let us look after our Brothers and Sisters who are suffering and in need. That is doing Service to Bhagwaan. Ask the hungry child if he/she has time to think of God when he/she is hungry. Ask the battered wife if she

will think of God in her suffering? Most times these people in sufferings hate God and we have to restore their faiths by being kind to them--for when they ask why did you help me--we say Bhagwaan sent me to help you!! Jai Sri Krsna. Jai Sri Vishnu Jai Guruvayoor Regards, Nanda , "philip brett" <clownhidden wrote:>> This is my biggest stumbling block. I was raised Catholic and > questioned my religion from a young age. After much study I have > become convinced that Christianity is a scam and Jesus Christ never > existed. When seemingly great spiritual personalities show some > reverence for Christianity I must take it that they are playing to > their audience, because if I accepted what they say at face value I >

would be forced to conclude that they are ignorant. I find > christianity vile and disgusting and any effort to clean it up even > more so.> Philip TAD VISNOH PARAMAM PADAM (Rg Veda 1.22.20)

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

This group is solely dedicated for Krishna devotees and not to discuss other religions or their practices. We study all aspects of Shrimad Bhagavatham, Sri Bhagavat Geetha, and other books where Krishna/Narayana/Rama are the main subjects. Of courst many other saints like Jesus, Prophet Mohamed, Confusias, etc would have preached or practiced bhakti yoga. Why bring them here and enter into a discussion. They have their own groups for this purpose and let them confine to their groups. Let this group be dedicated solely for Krishna devotees. Ramachandra Menonkarthick k <carthic_k1988 wrote: JESUS TAUGHT BHAKTI-YOGA By Stephen Knapp Another aspect of understanding the Vedic teachings in Christianity is to simply look at what is written regarding the teachings of Jesus. By studying the teachings that are ascribed to Jesus, we can easily recognize that the essence of what Jesus taught was an elementary level of the Vedic process of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga. Both of these systems are much more deeply developed and elaborated in the Vedic texts, and more

fully explained by many of India’s acharyas spiritual masters. Jesus taught that everyone should love God with their whole heart and mind, which is the quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means devotion and surrender to God. As stated in Matthew (22.36-40): “Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? He answered, Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind. That is the greatest commandment. It comes first. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the Law and the prophets hangs on these two commandments.” These two rules are the heart of the processes of bhakti and karma-yoga. In this way, Jesus taught people the most

basic portions of God’s law and gave the most simple commandments, such as, “Thou shalt not kill,” and “Thou shall not steal,” and so on. These rules deal only with moral standards. They do not deal with the higher principles of spiritual discipline or transcendental realization. This is a sign of the kind of people Jesus was dealing with. They were very primitive and had to be taught the most basic of spiritual knowledge. Obviously, one cannot comprehend advanced spiritual topics if he or she does not have any understanding of simple moral values. Therefore, Jesus was very limited in what he could teach the people of that era. As Jesus said, (St. John 16.12-13, 25): I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into the truth: for he shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he

speak: and he will shew you things to come. . . These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall show you plainly of the Father. Thus, Jesus could not reveal the whole truth to the people of that era, but promised that there would be a time when the whole truth would be open to everyone. But whether the people accept it or not is another thing. Jesus also taught that one is judged by his works and the way they behave. This is also the same process as found in bhakti and karma-yoga. Without good works and sincere devotion, one cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Yet, we find in modern Christianity an emphasis on faith, not on works. But this is not upheld in the Bible, as we can

see in this verse: “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead.” (James 2.20) Jesus never said that faith alone was all it took to enter the promised land. The way one works is a sign of his faith. And those that do claim allegiance to the faith and preach in the name of Christ yet do various duplicitous activities in private are still bereft of attaining the favor of Christ, as stated in Matthew (7.21-23): Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity. This, therefore, is the essence of Jesus’ teachings that, as

we can see, include the same basic principles of bhakti-yoga and karma-yoga (loving God, upholding God’s law in all our actions, and doing good for others), which is fully explained in the Vedic literature. Jesus never presented anything new or invented, but taught what God had taught and gave all credit to God, as verified as follows: The son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do. (John 5.19). . . When ye have lifted up the son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. (John 8.28). . . I go unto the Father, for my Father is greater than I. (John 14.28) In these verses we have the words of Jesus from the Bible that explain that he taught only

what God had spoken and was not himself God, but was the son of God the Father. Furthermore, in Bhagavad-gita (9.17), Krishna specifically explains that He is the Father of all living entities, and (Bg.7.6, 10.8) is the origin of all that is material and spiritual. Therefore, no contradiction exists in the understanding that Jesus was a son of God, and Krishna is the supreme Father and Creator of all. In this way, we can see that the essence of Christianity is the basic teachings of the Vedic philosophy which was developed much earlier and more deeply than that which is presently found within the philosophy of Christianity. Sarvam Krishnarpanam Aum Tat Sath Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online.

DEAR MR.RAHUL SINHA & ZEE NEWS TEAM, PRANAM ! THIS IS ONE GOOD NEWS THAT DESERVES TRUE APPRECIATION FROM ALL OF US BHARATHEEYANS. WE DO NOT DOUBT OUR GREAT MAHARISHIS FOR HAVING GIVEN US RAMAYANA AND MAHABHARATHA, BUT IN THIS SO-CALLED SCIENTIFIC AGE, PROOFS ARE BECOMING A SUPPORT, TO ARREST THE ONSLAUGHT OF ASURIC FAITHS, ORIGINATED FROM HIRANYAKASHIPU AND NOW COPIED BY FEW RELIGIONS. THIS IS ESPECIALLY SIGNIFICANT SINCE THESE ASURIC RELIGIONS ARE FRANTICALLY SEARCHING FOR SOME ARCHAEOLOGICAL PROOFS TO SUPPORT THE STORIES IN THEIR “SO-CALLED WORDS OF GOD AND UNCHANGEABLE BOOKS CAME DOWN FROM GOD/HEAVEN THROUGH PROPHETS AND ANGELS”. IN FACT ALMOST ALL THE STORIES, FORMAT OF THE BOOKS, ETC. ARE ALL HAVING THE ORIGINS FROM SANATANA DHARMA SCRIPTURES AND THAT IS THE REASON THAT THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVE THE HISTORICITY OF THE STORIES HANDED DOWN TO THEM FOR THE LAST AROUND 2000 YEARS. IT IS HIGH TIME THAT THESE BLIND FAITH FOLLOWERS OPENED UP THEIR “THINKING FACULTIES INSIDE THEM” TO ASK REAL QUESTIONS AND SEEK GOD. WITH BEST REGARDS AND PRAYERS, VMNanda <nandukother wrote: Om Namoh Narayanaya. My biggest problem with all these "charitable" people is that they never help you just because they do not like to see suffering--they barter your souls in the process. Rarely do you hear of these people helping someone and not

asking you to convert in the process--have plenty of stories that I can relate of them doing this in my country. It is the same with some of these sects/groups that never call themselves Hindus/Sanatana Dharma. They only help you when you join them too. If you really care about Humanity and Human sufferings you would help anyone in need without wanting anything back in return. This is why I am begging all followers of Sanatana Dharma to please let us look after our Brothers and Sisters who are suffering and in need. That is doing Service to Bhagwaan. Ask the hungry child if he/she has time to think of God when he/she is hungry. Ask the battered wife if she will think of God in her suffering? Most times these people in sufferings hate God and we have to restore their faiths by being kind to them--for when they ask why did you help me--we say Bhagwaan sent me to help you!! Jai Sri Krsna. Jai Sri Vishnu Jai

Guruvayoor Regards, Nanda , "philip brett" <clownhidden wrote:>> This is my biggest stumbling block. I was raised Catholic and > questioned my religion from a young age. After much study I have > become convinced that Christianity is a scam and Jesus Christ never > existed. When seemingly great spiritual personalities show some > reverence for Christianity I must take it that they are playing to > their audience, because if I accepted what they say at face value I > would be forced to conclude that they are ignorant. I find > christianity vile and disgusting and any effort to clean it up even > more so.> Philip TAD VISNOH PARAMAM PADAM (Rg Veda 1.22.20) Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.