IndiaDivine.org

Kartik Purnima

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namoh Narayanaya. Today (Saturday 2th November) is Kartik Purnima. Among the Hindus of Guyana and the Caribbean it is known as Kartik Asnaan. On this Full Moon day, before Sunrise, Hindus will be on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean or along the banks of the many rivers doing Pujas to Ganga Mata Ji. We hold the worship of this Divine Mother as very dear to our hearts. I told someone that one way of knowing where Guyanese Hindus reside is to go to the nearest body of water and see if there are Jhandas or puja items there. There are many stories of The Divine Mother answering the prayers of many souls who have gone to Her. Many women who could not have children had their prayers answered and it is most touching to see them talking the babies to her and offering special pujas to Her. Hindus were out in their numbers at the beach in New York. That it was one of the coldest

night so far, did not stop anyone.One family had a big homa fire going. Even the birds are now familiar with Hindus as they will come as soon as they see you walk towards the water. They wait until you put the offering into the water then come and feast on it. Sometimes the seagulls would be very boisterous but none were there this evening except some huge ducks that were very friendly. Wherever I go, I always love to go to the water to offer my obeisances to My Lord and also pay homage to the The Divine Goddess of all Oceans. May She bless Her Children on this sacred day. Hari Om. Regards, Nanda TAD VISNOH PARAMAM PADAM (Rg Veda 1.22.20)

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month.