IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: All Actions Should Be Performed for the Lord's Sake

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna. O son of Kunti, all that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away, as well as all austerities that you may perform, should be done as an offering unto Me. In this way you will be freed from all reactions to good and evil deeds, and by this principle of renunciation you will be liberated and come to Me. GITA 9:27/28 "Matkarmakrnmatpara mo madbhaktah sangarvarjitahNirvairah sarvabhutesu yah sa maameti paandava." (Gita 11:55)O Pandava (Arjuna), he who acts for My sake, depends on Me, is devoted to Me, has no attachment and is free from malice, towards all beings, reaches Me. (Gita 11:55) The five points mentioned in this verse, can be groups in two areas i) Attachment to the Lordii) Detachment from the WorldAttachment to the Lord includes the first three points -

a) Works for Meb) Depends on Mec) Is Devoted to Me While detachment from the World includes the last two points - a) No attachment and b) Freedom from maliceLet us look at the very first point under "Attachment to the Lord""Matkarmakrt" - It means that all spiritual pursuits such as repeating Lord's name, chanting, meditation, being in association of good / holy company, study of sacred books, as well as, performing mundane duties, according to one's caste, creed and stage in life should be performed for the Lord's sake.Actually the division of actions into spiritual and mundane is external. All actions whether spiritual or mundane should be performed for the Lord's sake only, because the body, senses, mind and intellect etc, with which one performs actions, have been given by God, and they are God's. Therefore man should perform actions, with the power given by God, according to His ordinance, in order to please Him, by

merely becoming an instrument in His hands.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.