IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: A Devotee of God becomes Free from Attachment and Desires

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna. "Matkarmakrnmatpara mo madbhaktah sangarvarjitahNirvairah sarvabhutesu yah sa maameti paandava." (Gita 11:55)O Pandava (Arjuna), he who acts for My sake, depends on Me, is devoted to Me, has no attachment and is free from malice, towards all beings, reaches Me. (Gita 11:55) Here "Matparamah" means he who regarding God as Supreme, depends only on Him, and "Madbhaktah" is He is devoted to the Lord i.e. He has admitted his relationship with the God, that only God is mine and He belongs to only God. This relationship develops exclusive devotion for Him. Such a devotee beholds God pervading everywhere, at all times, in all beings, things and his own Self. And from the prespective that God is everywhere, He is also here. And God being present at all times, He is here now. While God is pervading in all beings and things, He is also in him. Also as God belongs to all, God also belongs to him. He who

believes in this, is a devotee of God. In this verse, "Sangavarjitah nirvairah sarvabhutesu yah," it means that the devotee who works for God's sake, depends on Him and is devoted to Him, becomes free from attachment and desires. Further, when a devotee realizes that he is a part of God, his devotion for Him is aroused and then he becomes free from attachment. Having detachment and conviction that God pervades all beings, he becomes free from malice towards all, even on his receiving the worst treatment. He beholds the Lord's will and grace in every dealing. Thus his affinity with the world is renounced and he attains God. The devotee attains the object of human life by reaching Him - by knowing His true essence, he beholds in Him and attains Him "Sa maameti".

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.