IndiaDivine.org

Christmas - some facts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SENTIMENTAL ATTACHMENT?

<p>I had to consider, am I (are we?) so determined to believe Jesus was a devotee of Krishna or lived in India because for many of us, our religious pasts were either Christian or Jewish, and therefore we have various types of sentimental attachment to this?

It may have its influence but personally, I would not accept anything less than truth. Besides, I am a devotee of Krishna first and foremost. I must tell you, the reader, I am not into the various types of inter-faith religions going on. Though I respect all paths, but this is not me. So as a devotee of Krishna I needed to find out, was Jesus really a pure devotee Vaisnava who lived in India, or do I just like to believe that?

Two significant points can clear this up:

1-Srila Prabhupada mentions Jesus Christ in the Srimad Bhagavatam. These literatures have been predicted to continue for the next 10,000 years. Prabhupada would not go out of his way to put something in there that might fizzle out in time just to please our sentimental attachments, or for that matter, he would not include anything that was not truth! Jesus is in there because he is deserving of a place in the Srimad Bhagavatam. And not only does Prabhupada mention Jesus, but he mentions him repeatedly