IndiaDivine.org

Guruvayoorappan's Extreme Kindness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lord Guruvayoorappan –the Aapath Bhandhavan The Lord’s Extreme Kindness – by Cheruvakkad in July

1967 For the past 50 years, I have been visiting Kottiyur during the festival season. Though we have to undergo some physical suffering, once we reach there the mental peace we experience is something unique. To achieve this objective, one does not feel difficulty in walking any distance and undergoing any hardship. Usually I undertake the trek in the company of friends and other devotees, but some five years ago my trip was delayed. The festival was nearing its end. Hence I could not get any company and I ventured alone. I reached Manathana. From there the forest begins. If I walked, it would be past

sunset to reach Ikkara temple of Kottiyur. From there we have to cross the river to reach the Akkara temple, which is very difficult. Still I had an overwhelming desire to have darshan before the temple doors were closed and I decided to walk. I got somebody for company too. We chanted Govinda nama loudly and we walked. Even as we reached Ikkara temple of Kottiyur, it became very dark. Only some lights burning from shops here and there were

available. It was raining heavily. The river was overflowing and it was not possible to walk through the water to cross the river. There was absolutely no light. We walked for some time not knowing what to do. Then someone said: “If you walk a little more towards the interior there is a spot from where you can reach the other side. But there, the forest is very thick. Besides, though the water is less there, the flow is very powerful. Moreover, there will be no one there to come to your aid.” Whatever the matter, I decided to go. The other man also joined me. We chanted a little more loudly the holy name “ Hari Govinda” and walked. Here and there,

we fell in pits.Suddenly, we heard the trumpet of an elephant. The animal was cutting a tree but we could not locate it exactly - whether it was in front of us, in the rear or far away. In either case, we could neither walk, nor even talk. We were calling “Guruvayoorappa!” But no sound was coming out of us. Meanwhile two strong men came there; we did not know from where. They were beating drums and bursting crackers and the elephants disappeared. As we got down in the river, we were carried away by the current. At once, one of the fat men caught hold of me and my companion, lifted us up and took us to the other bank. By then the rain stopped and we could see some lights burning. As we were wiping ourselves with a cloth, they said they would

come again and went away. We waited for some time but they did not come at all. The puja in the temple was about to be completed. So we walked and reached the temple. We had good darshan and thereafter we narrated our experience to the Thantri. He and everyone else who heard us were wonderstruck and no one knew anything about those two men who came to our rescue. We shed tears of joy and prayed wholeheartedly to Kottiyur Perumal and Guruvayurappan for rescuing us from extreme danger. We recalled these lines: Narayanaksharam punyam Jihwaagre yasya varthate Narayanasthamanweti Valsam gauriva vatsala Whoever has at the tip of his tongue the holy name of ‘Narayana’ he would be accompanied by Bhagavan Adinarayana – like the cow following its off spring. The Lord, due to extreme love for His devotee will follow him. See Guruvayurappan’s extreme kindness ! The above was an extract from a great book –Sri Krishna The Lord of Guruvayur Divine Experiences by Sri K.R.Vaidyanathan, Bhavan’s Book University. It has the English translation of real experiences of our Bhagavan’s grace narrated by readers of the “Sri Guruvayurappan”–a monthly magazine of the Sri Guruvayurappan Sankeerthana Trust, founded

by Thirunamacharya Shri Anjam Madhavan Nambudiri (1918-1988), a scholar devotee who held vast audiences spellbound by

his inimitable discourses on Bhagavata and the Namasankirtan. Kottiyur Temple

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.