IndiaDivine.org

Indescribable Glory of Lord Guruvayurappan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vathalayadipa! Indescribable Glory of Lord Guruvayurappan By Lakshmi Thampuratti in Feb 1968 Anandapuram Kottaram Some 12 years back I became prey to severe rheumatism. It started with unbearable heaviness in the chest, headache, pain in the stomach and burning sensation all over the body. Gradually, I lost appetite for food and with lack of sleep in the night I became totally weak. Although I took treatment from Ayurveda Vaidyas there was no relief. Then I contacted my maternal uncle, Sri Ramavarmakoil Thampuram and explained my problems to him. His treatment started and within a few days I felt some relief but not any sign of cure. His treatment has cured many patients, but it didn’t work on me. I thought it was destiny, and the saying “Paapam Vyadhi roopena jayathe” applied to me. I was so desperate that even my speech was affected and my voice was not audible. After two or three months, on the advice of another uncle, I started allopathic treatment. I went to Thiruvananthapuram for this purpose and spent some six months there, undergoing treatment from skilled doctors. In the due course, I started putting on weight. Though in the beginning the treatment gave relief, there was no let up in the problems. I could not also get over the difficulty in speech. However, the doctor’s examination and various tests revealed that I did not suffer from any serious ailment. After 6 months

treatment there, I returned home. The disease only worsened. I could not do anything with my right hand. The entire body became weak. From head to foot, I suffered burning, pain, lack of appetite, sleeplessness, difficulty in speaking and so on. Days passed like this. Again I consulted my uncle. He suggested 14 days navarakizhi and massaging treatment. But with these, each day my weakness and problem only increased further. I prayed to Lord Guruvayurappan to end this agony. Such difficult and costly treatments were possible only because of my uncle’s and God’s grace. Though tiredness and other problems only increased day by day, my uncle explained to me that these were natural and after the treatment I could get relief. I thought he said all this only to console me. At the same time, I feared that death stalked my life. To lie on one side and to get up, I needed help. When I spoke, not only was the sound not audible but I also felt pain. My meals and sleep were only for name’s sake. Despite it, my body put on weight day by day. I felt these were symptoms of approaching death. Although I had no strength to chant God’s names, I constantly prayed in my mind to Guruvayurappan to relieve me from this agony. I was lying like a log. However, after 2-3 months there was some let up in body ache and weakness. I could also lie down on both sides, get up and walk with the help of a stick. But, I was not able to speak normally. On uncle’s advice, we let in some medicine through the nose. This was also of no use. Three years passed thus. Guruvayurappan who always comes to the rescue of those

suffering will come to my aid also, I believed firmly. In this condition, how can I undertake such a long journey to Guruvayur and have the Lord’s darshan? Still I decided to go there. Since it was not possible to cover the distance at one time, we engaged a car for three days and the entire family left. We had arranged for our stay at Zamorin’s residence. After taking rest for a while, we took our bath and went to the temple. I wanted to stand somewhere quietly and view the deity for some time from a vantage point. I had the eye-filling darshan for pretty long time when I could recite the entire dasaka of Narayaneeyam, “Agre

pasyami…..” We went back to our lodging to take some rest and returned to the temple for Uchcha puja. Then also we had good darshan. Spending time like this and having darshan, I felt considerable relief. Then there was marked improvement in my health. When I went back to my native place and told my uncle, he said: “ There is a limit to the power of medicine, but the Mahatmya of Sri Guruvayurappan is unlimited and indescribable.” The above was an extract from a great book –Sri Krishna The Lord of Guruvayur Divine Experiences by Sri K.R.Vaidyanathan, Bhavan’s Book University. It has the English translation of real experiences of our Bhagavan’s grace narrated by readers of the “Sri Guruvayurappan”–a monthly magazine of the Sri Guruvayurappan Sankeerthana Trust, founded by Thirunamacharya Shri Anjam Madhavan Nambudiri

(1918-1988), a scholar devotee who held vast audiences spellbound by his inimitable discourses on Bhagavata and the Namasankirtan. I request all our group members(who are rs of the “Sri Guruvayurappan” monthly magazine) to provide me with the scanned pages of Anubhava Katha columns. I wish to translate it into English so that we all can be blessed by knowing more and more about our Guruvayurappan’s Karunyam. So, if any of you out there has any volume, any month, any year-old or new issues, kindly help me in this project by sending those pages to me. Thanks in advance.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.