IndiaDivine.org

Guruvayurappan heard my prayer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gurumarutpuradishwara! A Memorable Night by T.M.N.K in October

1967 I started observing one-year bhajan from Malayalam era 1111 Makaram at Guruvayur. This was as per astrological finding. By the time I completed two mandalams (two 41- day periods), the itch I had on my head and chest, spread throughout the body right up to my feet. By then, I had developed immense faith in Srimad Bhagavatam and Sri Guruvayurappan. I decided to participate in a Bhagavatha saptaha, the first in my life. Those days saptahas were not common as now. In all, on a permanent basis, there were only three saptahas by Karamangalathu Nambudiri, Padappa Nambudiri and Ramaswamy Sastrigal. These discourses used to be held in the Koothambalam. Only Brahmins and members of the royal family sat inside the Koothambalam; others wait outside. Since I did not want to spread the dirt from the ailment on my leg anywhere, I applied oil and neatly covered it by cloth bandage and kept standing. At nights, when I removed the bandage on returning home there would

be terrible pain. By morning there would be some relief. That day also, after Tripuka, the last rite at night in the temple, I returned home and I lied down after meals. There was more than usual pain in the leg. All others in the house had slept but I suffered terrible pain. Then I said: Oh, Guruvayurappa, my bhajan would get interrupted. I won’t be able to hear saptaham. What wrong have I committed to deserve this? I wept for some time. My throat dried up and I could not utter one

word. I prayed to God from the bottom of my heart . Ah ! What a wonder ! Suddenly I heard the sound of bells from the temple. I was overjoyed. I got up with a start. I looked at the watch. It was 12 o’ clock. Am I dreaming ? No, I have not even slept and so how can I dream. But I heard the voice clearly. Again, I thought over. Then I remembered the story once narrated by the noted Bhagavata exponent, Vazhakkunathu Vasudevan Nambudiri. That

is, the great Bhagavata scholar, Kudallore Kunjikkavu Namboodiripad, once, while at Brahmaswom matam heard the mass ringing of bells. He explained to his friends that it was the time when Devas had darshan of the Lord and rang the bells. That day was Vaishaka Ekadashi. Surely, the Devas would have come for darshan. I said: “My Guruvayurappa, now you are happy after spending your time with Devas. Please help me, your humble servant and devotee in

completing the bhajanam and saptaha sravanam”. I chanted the Lord’s names. Then it struck me to apply Bhagavan’s oil Prasad to my leg. With that I slept away. Then suddenly, I woke up hearing Asan’s “Hare---”. What a wonder ! There was no trace of any ailment in my leg, except some marks. Thereafter there was no need to cover it with bandage. I resumed even more intensely my darshan of Bhagavan and saptaha sravana.

Till today, the disease has not recurred. See His mercy. After completing my one-year bhajan, I could continue for another 15 years. There are so many experiences. Now I am praying from a distance remembering those golden years and dreaming. However, whenever necessary, Bhagavan sent devotees like Udhava. All I wish now is to remember the Lord during my last moments. The above was an extract from a great book –Sri Krishna The Lord of Guruvayur Divine Experiences by Sri K.R.Vaidyanathan, Bhavan’s Book University. It has the English translation of real experiences of our Bhagavan’s grace narrated by readers of the “Sri Guruvayurappan”–a monthly magazine of the Sri

Guruvayurappan Sankeerthana Trust, founded by Thirunamacharya Shri Anjam Madhavan Nambudiri (1918-1988), a scholar devotee who held vast audiences spellbound by his inimitable discourses on Bhagavata and the Namasankirtan. I request all our group members(who are rs of the “Sri Guruvayurappan” monthly magazine) to provide me with the scanned pages of Anubhava Katha columns. I wish to translate it into English so that we all can be blessed by knowing more and more about our Guruvayurappan’s Karunyam. So, if any of you out there has any volume, any month, any year-old or new issues, kindly help me in this project by sending those pages to me. Thanks in advance.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.