IndiaDivine.org

Fwd:  God's Generosity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Capilsookdeo,

I see you have offered an explanation, which, I believe, is sincere.

Why do people die of hunger? Why are so many people poor and live under desperately poor life in India? Your explanation seems to be it is their prarabdha. Respectfully I disagree. Social, and cultural factors are responsible, I believe. They arise from not understanding our heritage better.

Hinduism and Hindu philosophy have valued both iha and para--this secular world and other world. It is a holistic philosophy and culture that promotes development of people and the social, political and economic and other facets of life.

But these have been misinterpretted, exaggerating the salvation culture and denigrating this world and the soultion culture such as was promoted by Arthas'astra. Other factors causing poverty and backwardness are the caste system and the fact that we have not renewed and refreshed our understanding of these profoundly sound philosophies, which as a result, have ceased to be living forces in our lives.

How do we renew our culture and philosophy? The Upanishad philosophers, according to Swami Nikhilananda, followed three criteria to determine what is true and valid, and be used to rnew of culture: it must satisfy scripture like Bhagavad Gita, reason, and experience.

Unless we apply reason and validation by our own experience old concepts like prarabdha cannot be properly applied.

I believe we badlly need to renew our understanding of Hinduism. I hope you will give some thought to these ideas.

Thank you and with best regards,

S Rao Allada**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489