IndiaDivine.org

Jayadeva , Padmavathi and Bhagavan Sree Krishna !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dear Bhakthas ,

Bhagavan Sree Krishna's attributes are unlimited . A Bhaktha can worship Bhagavan according to own Bhakti Yoga . "Bhakti" (devotion) is more important than "Vibhakti" (knowledge) .

Therefore it is not fair to dismiss a "Sararanaagatha" Bhaktha's typical Krishna-bhakthi as ignorance .

Bhagavan Krishna used Vaishnava poets like Melpathur and Jayadeva to write vedic-scriptures like "Narayaneeyam" and "Geetagovindam " . Krishna's unlimited personality is eulogized in these Hymns from different angles .

The `Geetagovindam mahakavyam' comprising 24 `Ashtapathies' has got (8) `charanams'.Jayadeva was writing the 19 th `Ashtapathy ', when he wrote the `charanam' :"Smaragarala kandanam mama sirasi mandanamdehi pada pallavamudaramjvalathi mayi dharuno madhana kathananaloharathuthathu pahitha vikaram."( Radha decides to have fun and enacts as if she is angry with Sree Krishna . But Krishna is unable to bear even that fun. So he asks Radha to place her feet on His head, so that she may get consoled.)

As Jayadeva wrote this `charanam' , he suddenly stopped writing and deleted it from Geetagovindam .

' How can a bhaktha's feet be placed above Bhagavan's head ?'. Jayedeva was totally confused .Incidentally that day happened to be holy Ekadeshi falling on a Tuesday. Jayadeva went to attend `bhajan' held in the palace. Padmavathi, his wife was alone in the house .After sometime, Padmavathi heard somebody knocking at the door. She opened the door to find Jayadeva standing there . He came inside. Jayadeva appeared to be tired and decided to have a bath. He asked Padmavathi to apply oil on his head . Padmavathi did so . Jayadeva then asked her to bring that `Ashtapthy' so that he could complete it. He then wrote the same `charanam ` which he removed earlier. As Jayadeva had oil applied on his body, some oil spread on the palm-leaf on which he was writing. Having finished the `charanam' Jayadeva went out .After sometime, Padmavathi again heard somebody knocking at the door. She went and opened the door. Having seen Jayadeva standing outside, Padmavathi became really confused .Jayadeva came inside and gave instructions to Padmavathi to make arrangements for puja .

Padmavathi inquired him why he returned so early.Jayadeva asked "Are you joking ? I left home early morning and have reached home only now . What happened to you ? "Padmavathi was astonished and she narrated the whole incident .Jayadeva said " Padmavathi , I think you have dreamt about me. I will prove it . Bring Geetagovidam " .When Padmavathi brought it , Jayadeva found the `charanam' ,the one that he hadremoved earlier, being written on it . He could not believe own eyes . He then called Padmavati and asked who wrote it. Padmavati replied :

"You only wrote it .You can even see the impression of the oil on the palm-leaf ".

Jayadeva became angry. Ovecome by his anger he even went to the extent of slapping her . Suddenly Jayadeva felt somebody pulling his hand from behind .It was none other than "Neelameghasyamala roopa dhara Krishna !!! ".In his state of anger he was not even aware of the fact that Bhagavan was standing in front of him . He started talking very casually to Sree Krishna .He said," Krishna do you know what my wife has done ?She is lying that I came here and wrote this `charanam' " .Sree Krishna replied with a smile ,"Jayadeva she is not lying. Shall I ask you one thing?You have written so many `Ashtapathies'. Is that your own credit or something else?".Jayadeva said calmly," Krishna you are the one who residing in my heart made me write them all ."Krishna stated "Yes, it was I who made you write that. Since you removed that particular `charanam', I took your form ,came here and wrote that `charanam' again . "Jayadeva realised his folly and fell on the feet of Padmavathi and said :"Mother , you are not my wife. You are my Guru. I have sung many `Ashtapathies' but till now Bhagavan Krishna has not given me His darshan. But today you have got that divine darshan ."Krishna said "Jayadeva get up ! Get up ! what are you doing ?"Jayadeva replied "Krishna there is nothing wrong in it .Now Padmavathi stands above me."Krishna said with his enchanting smile "This was what I meant . In Krishna- Bhakthi, Radha my pure-bhktha is supreme and therefore superior to Me . There is nothing wrong if she place her lotus feet on My head . It gives Me bliss ."Bhagavan blessed the couple and disappeared .

Om Namo Narayanaya !!!!

Krishnadaya