IndiaDivine.org

Krishana and Narada

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Once, Sage Sri Narada went to Dwaraka to see Lord Krishna. He went right inside unobstructed by anyone, but at the last door which he had to open and get into Lord Krishna's presence, the dwara-palaka (DP) stopped him. Narada was surprised. He asked the Dwarapalaka : "Dont you know me? I am permitted to enter the Lord's room any time. Why are you stopping me?" The DP answered, "Most revered sire, the Lord only has told me not to let in anybody or disturb Him. Do you want me to be the recipient of His displeasure by letting you in? I beg of you, sire, to wait for a short time.".Sage Narada (SN) asked again, "Is there anybody else with Him?"DP: No, sire.SN: What is He doing then, which nobody, especially me, His bosom friend, should not see?DP: Sire, He is meditating.SN thought within himself : "Meditating? We meditate on Him, who is much higher than us! But there is nobody above the Lord! So who is it that He is meditating upon? Anyway, I shall wait."After some time, the DP opened the door and let the Sage in, at the bidding of the Lord. As soon as Krishna saw the Sage, He asked for his pardon for keeping him waiting.The sage asked the Lord: "My Lord, I was surprised to hear from Your DP that You were sitting in meditation. We all meditate upon You, who are much above us and we seek your divine grace. I wonder whom You were meditating upon, as there is nobody higher than You."Bhagavan said, " Narada, that is what you are all thinking. How can I help my Bhaktas when they are in trouble, unless I meditate upon them? You should know that I love my Bhaktas much more than I love myself, my 16008 wives and their children ?"Let us all remember that the Lord considers His Bhaktas much bigger than Himself, and loves them tremendously. That is why He is known as "Bhakta-vatsala". Dont you know that when Narayana Bhattatiri addressed Him as "Prahlada-priya!", He voiced from the Sanctum Sanctorum of Guruvayoor, "I am not Prahlada-priya, but I am "Bhakta-priya. I love Prahlada as he is my Bhakta."And so it must be the case with you and me, if we love Him intensely!LoveKVG.