IndiaDivine.org

Popular Krishna TV Serials .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Krishna , Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Bhakthas ,

It is Krishna's grace that inspires Krishna-bhakthi related literature . Be it the ancient "Narayaneeyam" and "Geethagovindam" or the recent popular Krishna stories .

In recent times , atheism has corrupted Kerala . Demonic Veda-haters have polluted the Education system and Media with fabricated "secular" ( irreligious) literature and art . Even the sacred color "Kavi" ( saffron) has become an objectionable word . Remember the sarcastic usage "Saffronization" .

Most of the TV viewers had become addicted to demonic "mega-serials" . Even during the auspicious hours , the atmosphere used to reverberate with evil utterances , violence and cries. This "negativity" might have activated ` Bhaktha-valsala' to inspire the creation of Krishna-serials like Sree Krishna-Leela ( Asianet TV ) and Sree Guruvayoorappan ( Surya TV) . Thanks to HIS blessings , both these TV programs became immensely popular . Crores of people of all ages are enjoying the nectar of "Krishna-kathas" , every night . They all behold the "Unnikrishnas" with folded hands !!!.

When a Bhaktha-Author writes about Krishna in the mood of Bhakthi , Bhagavan appears in a literary form through the pen . We must accept it without question . Remember the legend about Melpathur and Poonthanam . When the latter incorrectly recited "Maraprabhu" , Bhagavan approved it and chastised it's critic Melpathur . There are thousands of stories and versions about Sree Krishna . It's historical proof can not be judged by any one . What is important is the `Bhakthi' , it is creating in the listener's heart.

Once , the great Ramanujacharya ( avatar or Adi Seshan) and disciples were passing a village street . A few small children were playing "pooja" for a mud-murthy of Krishna . They offered some mud as "Prasadam" to the Acharya . He accepted it with great humility and applied on the forehead . Seeing the surprised look on the faces of his scholarly Disciples , Ramanujachara said " These children are worshipping Bhagavan with Bhakthi. Therefore, this `Prasadam' is invaluable " .

Om Namo Narayanaya !!!

Krishnadaya

----------------------------

Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Sree Guruvayoorappan

Dear all,Radhe Krishna!Many of the stories narrated in the serials are mostly taken by the makers from the Aithihyams or Sthala-puranams. There is no need of verifying their accuracy, as it doesn't matter to the viewer whether they have really taken place or not. What is important is the essence of the episode and enhancement of our Bhakti, which they are really intended for. In what way does it help us to know which leg of Sakuni was lame when we see the Mahabharatam serial?As Shri, Sriram has pointed out, ""It is a fact that the Lord of Mammiyoor is ever eager to protect devotees of Sri Guruvayurappan anytime from all kinds of danger. Indeed Lord Siva is the Greatest of Vaishnavas - as stated in the Srimad Bhagavatam itself. When the Prachetas came to the Rudra Theertham for performing Tapas, Lord Siva himself came to see them as "Krishna Bhaktas", and gave them the "Upadesam" of the "Rudra Geetham" in praise of Lord Vishnu. There is an unwritten understanding among Krishna Bhaktas that they should love, respect and help each other in times of need.LoveKVG------------------------meera chandran wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Sriramji

You are right . We can't believe too much in serials . Sometimes they will add some characters to increase the quality of the serials . But the character ' Kimvadan ' is good . So we love that character . He always help the devotees of Guruvauyrappan . It is said that , Lord Shiva loves the devotees of Lord Vishnu and Lord Vishnu loves the devotees of Lord Shiva .

As you said , Its better to grab all the good things from the serial and leave all the bad things . I think in life also we have to follow the same principle .But there are true stories alos in the serials. I am watching the serails to see Unni kannan , his leelas , his smile , his devotees ( Manjula , Kuroor Amma , Poonthanam ....etc) ...etc.

With Prayers

Meera

------SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri > wrote:

Dear Seema, I had made a post sometime back on these TV serials - but did not receive any response from anyone in this forum. The character you referred to is named "Kimvadan" and he is supposed to be Lord Siva - which is very obvious from the dialogue.These serial directors/ script writers tend to exaggerate things to attract people. It is a fact that the Lord of Mammiyoor is ever eager to protect devotees of Sri Guruvayurappan anytime from all kinds of danger. Indeed Lord Siva is the Greatest of Vaishnavas - as stated in the Srimad Bhagavatam itself. But none of the stalwart devotees such as Thirunaamaachaaryan have mentioned any such personality as Kimvadan in their works. Better not to believe in serials too much! If you do watch, try to grab the ESSENCE - rather than get stuck in the details !!Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !-sriram======--------Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier (AT) grouply (DOT) com> wrote:

Namaste,I dont get Surya TV and I am not able to watch Sri Guruvayoorappan. I had seen some episodes when we went to Kerala. Could anyone tell me about the character (I forgot the name) who comes in black mundu, with a stick in hand, calling everyone as Panditha and asking weird questions. I havent heard about such a character.

Jai Sree Krishna