IndiaDivine.org

Unconditional Love for Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Respected Members,

One of our senior devotees has objected to the picture attached to this article, so it is being sent again without the picture.

Here is a story about lord Krishna that will tell us What true love is about.

Krishna, while living in Dwarka with his favourite wife Rukmani, would very Often softly utter to himself, " O Radha… O Radha."Rukmani felt jealous and asked him why he kept Remembering Radha so often. Krishna did not say Anything. He just smiled. A few days later, Krishna complained of stomach Ache. Rukmani gave him medicines, but the pain did not Go away. He kept moaning in pain.

Krishna told her that only a little charanamrita (blessed water) of a person who truly loved him would Put an end to his agony. He begged Rukmani to give him Some of her charanamrita.

A shocked Rukmani refused: " How can I commit such a terrible sin? You are the Lord of all that be, and if I gave you my charanamrita I would surely go to hell."

Krishna than asked Rukmani to send an attendant to Vrindavan and try and procure some charanamrita from Someone there. Soon the attendant returned with a Cupful of charanamrita and as Krishna sipped it, all The pain disappeared. He then asked the attendant, " Who gave you this Charanamrita?" the attendant replied, " no one in Vrindavan was ready to give it on learning it was for Lord Krishna. Then one young woman came running up to Me and gave me this cup. Her companions cautioned her, " You fool Radha, you are committing the greatest sin. But she did not care. She said, "I don't care about What happens to me but I cannot bear to see my beloved Krishna in pain ."

Krishna turned to rukmani standing by his side and Said, " Radha is not afraid of going to hell for me. She only thinks about me.

So if Radha loves me so Much, should I also not long for her?"

This is what true love is about. It is Unconditional. Sacrifice is the most important characteristics of True love. That's why we have Radh-krishna Temple not Rukshmani-Krishna Temple

Guest guest

Dear Sanjeevji and other Krishna Bhaktas,

Radhe Krishna!

Thanks very much to dear Sanjeev to understand my point. Nowadays, we find gods and goddesses being pictured like cinema stars, indecently dressed, and exposing their femininity to the public. It is after all, our intention to develop more and more Bhakti towards Lord Krishna. We also find artists like M.F. Hussain portraying our goddesses in an altogether undressed form. I have only heard about this, and many of our Bhaktas criticising him for the unholy representarion of our goddesses. Somebody had even suggested that we should, as a country of Hindus, should issue a " fatua " against Hussain for this!

When matters are like that, we should ourselves desist from portraying our goddesses in an indecent style. I hope our dear Krishna Bhaktas will appreciate that.

I have read this story posted in other groups, and I have understood the underlying gist of Bhakti, which is to be imbibed from Gopikas and especially Radha. That is why I did not react to the story part of Sanjeevcji's earlier mail.

Kindly excuse me if I have said anything wrong.

Yours

K.V. Gopalakrishna. webmaster www.narayaneeyam.com

On 3/15/08, sanjeev <sanjeevpunj wrote:

Respected Members,

One of our senior devotees has objected to the picture attached to this article, so it is being sent again without the picture.

Here is a story about lord Krishna that will tell us What true love is about.

Krishna, while living in Dwarka with his favourite wife Rukmani, would very Often softly utter to himself, " O Radha… O Radha. "

Rukmani felt jealous and asked him why he kept Remembering Radha so often. Krishna did not say Anything. He just smiled. A few days later, Krishna complained of stomach Ache. Rukmani gave him medicines, but the pain did not Go away. He kept moaning in pain.

Krishna told her that only a little charanamrita (blessed water) of a person who truly loved him would Put an end to his agony. He begged Rukmani to give him

Some of her charanamrita.

A shocked Rukmani refused: " How can I commit such a terrible sin? You are the Lord of all that be, and if I gave you my charanamrita I would surely go to hell. "

Krishna than asked Rukmani to send an attendant to Vrindavan and try and procure some charanamrita from Someone there. Soon the attendant returned with a Cupful of charanamrita and as Krishna sipped it, all The pain disappeared.

He then asked the attendant, " Who gave you this Charanamrita? " the attendant replied, " no one in Vrindavan was ready to give it on learning it was for Lord Krishna.

Then one young woman came running up to Me and gave me this cup. Her companions cautioned her, " You fool Radha, you are committing the greatest sin. But she did not care. She said, " I don't care about What happens to me but I cannot bear to see my beloved Krishna in pain . "

Krishna turned to rukmani standing by his side and Said, " Radha is not afraid of going to hell for me. She only thinks about me.

So if Radha loves me so Much, should I also not long for her? "

This is what true love is about. It is Unconditional. Sacrifice is the most important characteristics of True love. That's why we have Radh-krishna Temple not Rukshmani-Krishna Temple