IndiaDivine.org

Please Don't Help the Atheistic Agenda against Temples .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Krishna , Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Bhakthas ,

Bhagavan Krishna says in Geeta 3.21 "Common people will follow the deeds of a Great man. The whole world will emulate the standards that he sets "

My humble request to the learned and reputed Bhakthas, is not to promote Blasphemy of the sacred "Kshetra Acharams" ( Temple Customs) . Especially , since the Atheist-rulers and anti-Hindu Groups are desperately trying to deconsecrate the Temples .

Recently ,a Hindu Mega-star of Kerala proudly claimed in an article in "Malayala Manorama" that he is a devotee having no faith in any "Vritham" ( vow) . If one doesn't have control over his material senses , for sure he is free to engage in any activity of his choice .

Our great Acharyas were "Thrikala Jnanis " ( who knows the past , present and future) . They have mercifully established the `Kshetra-Acharams' to enable the lesser Successors to maintain the Vedic temples . There are specific systems in place to enable the Vedic-Authories to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of potential changes and to seek the Deity's will prior to changing any "Acharam" .

One can't replace the Naivedayam with Sandwich , or live Elephant with artificial Elephant in Vedic temples , according to his personal convenience . Such opportunism may be fine for the man made religions but not Vedic Sanatana Dharma .

The Ever Compassionate Devatas

Our Devatas are most compassionate to all beings . So, too their rituals and customs . If we look closely at the Temple customs , we can see that the rituals are never continuous and there are many long breaks in between . Elephants are required only for short periods during the Ulsavam . And they get lot of rest in between the rituals . Also , the Devotees enthusiastically feed them even when on duty .

What will Happen if Elephant is Prohibited in Temples.

If the use of Elephants is prohibited in Temples , instead of that they will be continuously engaged for 1000% harder tasks like the continuous handling of heavy materials under hot until their death . Those who are shedding crocodile tears for the "plight" of Elephants in Temples are ignoring this fact . Last week Kairali TV showed a programme on Elephants by the expert Sri.Kattumadam . He revealed with evidence that Guruvayoorappan's Elephants as well as the other temple Elephants are definitely the most fortunate Elephants in Kerala , simply because they are very rarely engaged for Heavy works outside. Also they are being cared much better than the Private Elephants .

It is very expensive for an owner to maintain an Elephant . If he is denied the easy income from Temples , he will be forced to send his Elephant for the said Heavy jobs which are lucrative . The existing laws ( which have many loop holes) have no control over such hazardous environments which are the domains of the fearsome Mafia-dons .

Let us better focus on Bhakthy rather than helping the Atheist's moves to destroy the Temple-customs of Sree Guruvayoorappan and other Devatas .

Om Namo Narayanaya !!!

Krishnadaya.

-------------

Re: Chottanikkara Makam Thozhal - Cruelty to Elephants in

Hari OM!

Dear Ones,

According to time we need to change, may be applicable to some issues but for not all issues, Motorised elephants.. it is really funny to note this. The present situation in Punnathoor Kotta is the "Bharanam" of the present atheist politicians, even 3 years back it was fair and nice. Elephants use to get good treatment, every 15 days an Ayurvedic Doctor use to examine them.

The funny part is we ourselves elect people and make them as ministers and after we realise that it is REALLY bad out there, we will choose another party and then give them power, then after 5 years realise....................... this story goes on and on...... Pothujanam Kazhuthayannennu Rastriyakkar parayunnathu shariyanu....

It is like Bhasmasuran's story.....

Instead of Motorised elephants, Why can't we control the participation of Elephants to limited Utsavams, So that we will keep the tradition. IN THE WHOLE WORLD KERALA IS ONLY THE PLACE WHICH HAVE TEMPLE FESTIVALS WITH ELEPHANTS! TRADITION IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT! ESPECIALLY NOWADAYS THE CONVERSION TIMES... (Nowadays, other communities also started participating elephants in their mosque/church funcitions)

Do not compare Adi Shakaracharya with us... that is the funniest thing one can do. His state of mind and our state of mind is totally different. like Ocean and small well. It reminds me the story of once Adi Shankaracharya on his Vijaya Yathra, have to taste alcohol for tantric purposes... one of his Disciple objected... but the Padmapaadar said just wait.. for some time, after a week, he entered in to a Gold smith shop and drank Molten iron...... so never compare people who live in all comforts with Jagadguru.

Elephants with adequate care, and rest is one of he Majestic Animals. So it is man's greed who makes all this issues.

So you think that there should be nor more Kesvans, and Padmanabhans???? Control the frstival participation of elephants to the main temples only!!!! things will be much better.

Hare Guruvayurappa!

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

--"Savitri Puram" <savitriopuram wrote:> Dear All,According to time, we have to change practices also. The thing is we are ready to change our eating habits, dress code, educational materials and tools, even attitude. But when it comes to exploiting the majestic, loyal and loving elephants, we want to stick to our old traditions! There is no end to our hypocrisy! It was OK to use elephants for temple processions in the olden days because they were never used commercially or for making money. Mahouts looked after them like own children. They had ezhunnallippu only a few days in an year. They were treated with respect and they treated us with respect. I have heard so many real life stories about the loyalty of both the mahouts and elephants. Kootalatupuram Komban was one of them. I myself had the opportunity to see how well they were treated.During the Utsava season, no elephant was used for two consecutive days. They will not commit like that because they were really worried about the sleep deprivation of the elephants as well as the mahouts.Now things have changed. It hurts really bad to think how they are treated. They cannot complain and cry and say no to the authorities.So they through temper tantrums. Should we be annoyed about that? God has showered us with all the faculties in the world like thought, speech and so many other useful and dangerous capabilities and how many times we humans through temper tantrums and make the lives of everybody around us miserable? We also kill each other, cheat each other use all the faculties He gave for wrong purposes. So why are we upset when an ill treated elephant looses his temper and acts? It is so sad that all the kindness has dried up from our hearts. Now what is the solution? Why cannot we use a Ratham instead of elephant? If it has wheels and motorized it can travel from rich temples to poor temples with out problem. Or even build a Ratham in the shape of an elephant with motorized swaying ears and we can use all the nettippattoms and umbrellas, aalavattom and venchaamaram in the same way as we are doing now. We can use them day and night with out worrying about the sleep deprivation and inhuman treatment. I think Guruvayurappan will be the happiest person if they make that change because He is the personification of kindness. We do not have to have a devaprashnam for that. Krishna has showed his kindness so many times to tell us again and again to be kind and considerate to all. Why did the Mahabharatha war happen? Because Krishna saw how unfair and unkind Kauravaas were to Pandavaas. Did not he encourage Arjuna to fight evil and establish dharmam? How many times Guruvayurappan made the elephants fight back and kill mahouts and sadists saying that we have become too business minded and we have to stop this practice? But we will not listen because when it comes to somebody else's suffering, that too when the victim cannot speak for oneself, we want to stick on to traditions! There is nothing more pathetic than this. I think the only solution for us is to pray to Guruvayurappan. I have to tell an incident about how broad minded was my mother who never went to school, who never locked the front door of her house, who has never travelled out of the country, who never raised her voice to anybody. I came to America and we were in Virginia for 18 years. Once I asked Amma whether I can offer beautiful plastic flowers to Guruvayurappan because it was almost impossible to get fresh flowers in winter. My mother said: If you cannot get fresh flowers or if it is too expensive for you to afford, there is nothing wrong in offering plastic flowers. ( please note the word"IF". At that time my husband was a student and with two small children we literally had a hand to mouth existence). Please imagine that they are real flowers and offer. Every evening, sprinkle the offered flowers with water chanting Narayana naamam and they are as good as fresh flowers again and you can offer them again the next morning. I did that for several years. She also added, sankalpam is the most important. Sankaracharyar wrote maanasa poojas when he had to travel from one end of the country to the other end spreading Sanathana Dharma and during the journey he could not even do Sanshyavandanam sometimes because there was no body of water near by. So he created all the maanasa poojas and imagined he was doing everything more ceremoniously and offering naivadyam in diamond studded golden vessels! He did not worry about not having the necessary conveniences, but imagined that he has everything in abundance and did his pooja with utmost devotion and respect. So amma said sankalpam and bhavam are most important when we cannot do it in the prescribed way. Of course if you can do it traditionally, go ahead and do it. Otherwise never give up doing because He really cares about our sincerity. Now even after all the globalization, it is sad that we do not have the broadmindedness of several of our ancestors! ( now we are in Texas, a much warmer place and I get fresh flowers through out the year!)I do not know writing like this has any meaning. But frustrated and immensely hurt by watching how the beautiful and innocent elephants are treated, I am throwing my temper tantrums. Guruvayurappa, kshamikkane!Regards and prayersSavitri