sloka where the avatar of Lord Chaitanya is mentioned

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada

and Guru Maharaja

A sloka where the avatar of Lord Chaitanya is mentioned.

Srimad Bhagavatam

krsna-varnam tvisakrsnam

sangopangastra-parsadam

yajnaih sankirtana-prayair

yajanti hi su-medhasah

TRANSLATION

In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational

chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings

the names of Krsna.

Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krsna Himself. He is

accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential

companions.

This is reproduced from one of the emails I recieved from another

group.

Guest guest

The Vedic scriptures of India had long predicted His birth, in mayapur, a quarter of the city of Navadvipa.

** In the Kurma-Purana, it is stated:

The Supreme Person will appear in the first part of the age of Kali [janma prathama sandhyayam]. He will appear in the home of a Brahmana [bhavisyati dvijalaye], to save the embodied conditioned souls [uddharaya tanu-bhrtam] burning in the troubles of Kali-Yuga.

** In the Garuda-Purana, the Supreme Person says:

In the first part [prathama sandhya] of the age of Kali, I will come among the brahmanas [karisyami dvijatisu] to save the fallen souls, [paritranaya tanu-bhrtam] who are being burned by the troubles of the age of Kali [kalina dahyamananam].

** In the Garuda-Purana, the Supreme Lord says:

I will take birth as the son of Sachi [bhavisyami sachi sutah], in Navadvip-Mayapur [mayapure navadvipe]. I will come in my complete spiritual form in the first part of Kali-Yuga.

** In the same Garuda-Purana, it is Also stated:

In the first part of Kali-Yuga, the Supreme Personality of Godhead will come in a gold-like form. First He will become the husband of Lakshmi [srimati Lakshmi Devi, Lord Chaitanya's first wife]. Then He will become a sannyasi, near Lord Jagannatha who will appear in a divine wooden form.

** In the Nrsimha-Purana, it is said:

" The Supreme Personality of Godhead who in the Satya-Yuga appeared as a half-man, half-lion to cure a terrible disease that had ravaged the daityas, and who in the Treta-Yuga appeared as a person named Rama [Lord Ramachandra], the person who defeated the ten-headed Demon Ravana, and who in the Dvapara-Yuga removed the earth's burden, and protected the Gopa [cowherd men] people of Vraja-pura, will appear again in the Kali-Yuga. His form will be golden, He will delight in chanting the Lord's holy names, and His name will be Chaitanya. "

** In the Padma-Purana, it is said:

The Supreme Personality, Janardana, who is the object of the yogis' meditation [yogi-chintyo- janardanah], who saves the devotees from various sufferings, and who is the master of all yogic practices [yogesvarah], who is always full of divine transcendental ecstasy and bliss [sandra-ananda-atmakah], will advent in His own divine form of Sri Chaitanya [Chaitanya-vapah].

** In the Padma-Purana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself states:

I shall appear on this earth [mahi-tale] in the first part of Kali-Yuga [kaleh prathama sandhyayam] in a beautiful place on the bank of the Bhagirathi [bhagirathi-tate ramye]. I shall have a golden form [gaurangah], and I shall take birth as the son of Sachi [bhavisyami sachi-sutah].

** In the Narada-Purana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead says:

O Vipra, in the age of Kali, I will come disguised [nityam prachanna vigraha] as a devotee [bhagavad-bhakta-rupena] and I will save all the worlds [lokan raksami sarvada].

** The Supreme Personality of Godhead states in the Narada-Purana:

O Divija (demigods), please come and advent as devotees on this earth [bhuvi jayadhvam jayadhvam] in the age of Kali-Yuga. I will incarnate as the son of Sachi [bhavisyami sachi-sutah] to inaugurate the congregational chanting of the name of Krishna [kalau sankirtana arambhe].

** In the Brahma-Purana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead says:

I will reveal my eternal golden form [gaurangotham mahi-tale] in the first part of Kali- Yuga [kaleh prathama sandhyayam]. I will advent on the earth on the bank of the Bhagirathi [bhagirathi-tate bhumni] as son of Mother Sachi [bhavisyami sachi-sutah].

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 3:58 PM, sanjeev <sanjeevpunj wrote:

Hare Krishna ,Please accept my humble obeisances.All glories to Srila Prabhupadaand Guru MaharajaA sloka where the avatar of Lord Chaitanya is mentioned.Srimad Bhagavatam11.5.32

krsna-varnam tvisakrsnamsangopangastra-parsadamyajnaih sankirtana-prayairyajanti hi su-medhasahTRANSLATIONIn the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings

the names of Krsna.Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krsna Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions.This is reproduced from one of the emails I recieved from another

group. -- ChantHare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare II Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare II

--is the sublime method for reviving our Krsna consciousness. As living spiritual souls we are all originally Krsna conscious entities, but due to our asociation with matter since time immemorial, our consciousness is now poluted by material atmosphere. In this polluted concept of life, we are all trying to exploit the resources of material nature, but actually we are becoming more and more entangled in our complexities. This illusion is called Maya, or hard struggle for existence over the stringent laws of material nature. This illusory struggle against the material nature can at once be stopped by revival of our Krsna consciousness.

And Be Happy