IndiaDivine.org

FW: SONGS FOR KRISHNA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

jay_madhavTo: chandel; ritachau20; deoprashad; balram3; VKalra; kumar; jay_madhav; keepflo; sandeep_rita; shobha4; dixitvv; ankaj; chaman; ninju_bohraCC: sanjeevpunjSubject: Fw: SONGS FOR KRISHNASat, 26 Apr 2008 11:19:53 -0700

Hari Om!

I completely agree with the following comments (the attached email).

When ever I hear someone singing Bhajans with music from a famous movie love song, I feel like getting out of the place. You won't be able to hear what singer is saying as the brain is already trained to anticipate the words that were originally sung and the scene come in front of our eyes.

I request for those who sing only with movie tunes, please choose famous songs from Hari Om Sharan, Anup Jalota and others, if not then better not sing and give that time to others to sing. This way you will do your self a favor as well as the big audience that is captivated to listen (some devotees are bold enough to walk away for few minutes). If someone still want to sing from movies then sing the original lyrics of the Bhajans from the movies and do not modify.

I am just expressing my thoughts and observations

- sanjeev

Saturday, April 26, 2008 8:48 AM

SONGS FOR KRISHNA

I was listening to Radio Krishna at www.utahkrishnas.com and was quite impressed by their collection of Bhajans, some very original ones too, but one program kind of upset me, because this contained some bhajans that used filmi tunes and filmi themes. This sort of musical style dilutes the very spirit of spiritual music. Spiritual music has always been different,so people get attracted to singers like Baiju Bawra and Tansen (who were both disciples of Haridas Thakur).However, people in Kaliyuga are trying to bring in filmi tunes, which really does not go well with the message of spiritual truths.In South India, the tradition of spiritual music has been maintained extremely well.I salute those performers.I personally feel Kirtan should not be diluted by using Filmi tunes. Kirtan has its own style.Use of Hindustani Classical style, or Carnatic Style is essentially vedic in nature, drawn from Samaveda. Filmi tunes are drawn from various diluted sources,and never spiritual.Haridas Thakur ( I visited His Lotus feet at His Samadhi in Nidhivan,Vrindavan, it is the only Samadhi of a saint located within Vrindavan's famous Rasa Lila grounds -called Nidhivan) is well known amongst the Vaishnavas as the saint who always saing praises of Lord Krishna,and was well versed in Samaveda. The austere spiritual presence of Krishna's Lotus Feet is there,and it is inspiring to be there).So for those who compose songs of Bhakti, this could be a good guideline, not to use filmi tunes.There is so much rich heritage to draw from, who do we succumb to filmi tunes? In a rush? Get real-time answers with .