IndiaDivine.org

Guruvayoorappan's Grace !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

- Dr.S .R.KrishnamoorthyJune 1968

I had the singular fortune to inaugurate the Bhagavatha Saptaha Yajna conducted by Shri Anjam Madhavan Nambudiri. That gave me an opportunity to narrate my personal experience to the audience soaked in Krishna bhakthi. I do the same below. In 1964, while I was at Mumbai, I had heart problems due to which I had to spend some time in the hospital. I was bed-ridden for three months. I was not able to walk even 5 or 6 feet without external support. My wife and I spend all the time in the hospital remembering Lord Guruvayurappan and seeking refuge in Him. My wife prayed that as soon as I was in a position to move, we would go to Guruvayur and conduct Thulabharam. By the time I nearly regained my health, I got transfer to Kerala itself.After reaching there, my first journey was to Guruvayur itself. After having darshan and conducting Thulabharam, we were happy and grateful. While I was sick, I was doubtful whether I would be able to make my trip to Guruvayur at all. The day I saw the beautiful image of Lord Guruvayurappan I was overjoyed and felt that it was my most fruitful day in all my life. I also experienced that my health had improved a lot. As one who could not just walk the distance to the temple after getting down from the car, I could easily walk that day.From the temple we went straight to Narayanalayam. Shri Anjam Nambudiri is on the first floor where he offered puja to Unnikrishna. Since I could not climb the steps he graciously came down and greeted us in his usual pleasant way and gave us prasadam. When I expressed my sorrow at not being able to go upstairs, the words he uttered I still remember: "These problems are purely temporary. By the blessing of Lord Guruvayurappan, next time you come, you will be able to climb the steps. You need have no doubt on this account."It happened exactly the same way. Next time I went to Guruvayur, after darshan at the temple, I could climb the steps and go upstairs. "Faith will protect you"- I abide by this saying. Trust Lord Guruvayurappan sincerely who is all powerful, kind hearted and a lover of His devotees. Revel in the holy and peaceful atmosphere of the temple, we will all get happiness and peace of mind. Practice Namasankirtan. By Lord's grace all our worries will vanish.Even if it is to fulfill your mundane desire there is no harm in going to Guruvayur and praying. Because there are very few among us who approach God without any particular desire. Even if it is to find relief to physical and mental pain, to resort to God itself is a step towards attaining God and a training in the first lesson towards achieving our objective. The above was an extract from a great book –Sri Krishna The Lord of Guruvayur Divine Experiences by Sri K.R.Vaidyanathan, Bhavan's Book University .It has the English translation of real experiences of our Bhagavan's grace narrated by readers of the "Sri Guruvayurappan"–a monthly magazine of the Sri Guruvayurappan Sankeerthana Trust, founded by Thirunamacharya Shri Anjam Madhavan Nambudiri (1918-1988),