IndiaDivine.org

A Clarification .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dear Madhav ji ,

I have read your write-up on Advaita . And I agree that many Hindus share your views – All religions are just different paths to God – A person can select any religion of his choice – Not much difference between Hinduism , Christianity and Islam .

Let me explain further about this matter .

Sanatana Dharma is the way of living according to the Vedas . According to it's "Bhavisya purana" , Christianity and Islam are for the meat eaters ( Mlechas) . Concentrated Milk is not suitable for a very weak person . And he should be given diluted Milk till his digestive system improves . Likewise , the Christian and Islamic philosophies are "Doctored version of the Vedas " for the Meat eating "Tamasvic" persons . Now a days , there are many such persons in India and they need the mentioned Religious dogmas .

The all pervading Brahman is one . "Trimurtis " are it's (3) manifestations . Vishnu is pure "Satvic" . Brahma is "Satva+ Rajas" . Siva is "Sattva+Tamas " .

According to a Person's taste and basic nature , he can select any of the above spiritual paths . Since the Vaishnavism is the purest "Satvic" path , it requires the toughest spiritual discipline . It's Krishna-authorized Acharyas like Ramanuja and Chaithanya Mahaprabhu have prescribed the strict Vaishnava-norms according to the Vedas . Bhagavan Krishna appeared in person at Guruvayoor to confirm His approval or "Narayaneeyam" which confirms the "Dwaita" approach of having "Sree Krishna" as Ishta-Deva .

On this subject , the following events are notable :

While passing Guruvayoor, Adi Sankara had refused to salute the Deity . But he was forced to come down . Later , as instructed by Krishna , Acharya established the present "norms" for Guruvayoor temple .

In Sabarimala temple , people of all religions are allowed to offer worship . A few years back , it's main Poojari offered worship and partook "Bread and Wine" at a local Church . When it became a controversy , he clarified that there is no major difference between the Church and Temple . Finally, when the Ayyappa-Deity's will was sought in a "Devaprasnam" , He ordered the immediate dismissal of that Poojari .

In the recent "Devaprasnam" at Guruvayoor temple , Lord Krishna confirmed that only Hindus having firm faith in "Kshetra Acharams" and "Deity worship" should enter His temple . He prohibited entry to the non-Hindus . ( A Hindu is one who lives according to the Vedas . A person born in a non-Hindu religion but who has accepted the Vedic way of living is a Hindu .)

In the Church , Jesus's flesh and blood ( bread and wine) are served as "Prasadam". Such rituals are anti-vedic and therefore forbidden in the strictly vegetarian Krishna temples . Of course Meat and liquor are allowed in certain non-Krishna Hindu temples which are for specific Military purposes .

The great modern Rishi Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathy Swamy said " Brahmins are required to control their food habits , perform fasts , etc to attain the steadiness of mind for Veda education and practice . "Kshatrias" can eat meat which will give them strength to fight the wars . By mingling with the Meat eaters , the Brahamin's spiritual discipline will get corrupted . This is the reason for their stay in the restricted Agraharams .

Before I used to be a pure non-vegetarian . In those times , I was aggressive , jealous and unable to concentrate on any thing Spiritual . I was worshipping many Deities at times but nothing was in order . After involving with Krishna-bhakti and consistently chanting Krishna's "Nama-japam" , I gradually lost interest in meat , exhibitionism , pride etc . Consequently , my spiritual discipline improved . Of course I deeply respect all Devathas like Siva , Ganesha , Parvathy , Durga , Ayyappa , Muruka , etc, etc . But my "Ishta-Deva" is Krishna . And I focus on His upasana by chanting "Narayaneeyam" , Vishnu Sahasranamam , etc .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Rajeev Ji,

Thanks for clarifying. For some reason, I always think that everyone is vegetarian, since I have been all my life, hence they think the same ways. Obviously that is not true, hence my thought process. I just wish good to all Mankind.

With Best Regards,

- Jagdish Madhav

-

srikrishnadasa_rajeev

Friday, June 20, 2008 11:34 PM

A Clarification .

Hare Krishna ! Dear Madhav ji ,

I have read your write-up on Advaita . And I agree that many Hindus share your views – All religions are just different paths to God – A person can select any religion of his choice – Not much difference between Hinduism , Christianity and Islam .

Let me explain further about this matter .

Sanatana Dharma is the way of living according to the Vedas . According to it's "Bhavisya purana" , Christianity and Islam are for the meat eaters ( Mlechas) . Concentrated Milk is not suitable for a very weak person . And he should be given diluted Milk till his digestive system improves . Likewise , the Christian and Islamic philosophies are "Doctored version of the Vedas " for the Meat eating "Tamasvic" persons . Now a days , there are many such persons in India and they need the mentioned Religious dogmas .

The all pervading Brahman is one . "Trimurtis " are it's (3) manifestations . Vishnu is pure "Satvic" . Brahma is "Satva+ Rajas" . Siva is "Sattva+Tamas " .

According to a Person's taste and basic nature , he can select any of the above spiritual paths . Since the Vaishnavism is the purest "Satvic" path , it requires the toughest spiritual discipline . It's Krishna-authorized Acharyas like Ramanuja and Chaithanya Mahaprabhu have prescribed the strict Vaishnava-norms according to the Vedas . Bhagavan Krishna appeared in person at Guruvayoor to confirm His approval or "Narayaneeyam" which confirms the "Dwaita" approach of having "Sree Krishna" as Ishta-Deva .

On this subject , the following events are notable :

While passing Guruvayoor, Adi Sankara had refused to salute the Deity . But he was forced to come down . Later , as instructed by Krishna , Acharya established the present "norms" for Guruvayoor temple .

In Sabarimala temple , people of all religions are allowed to offer worship . A few years back , it's main Poojari offered worship and partook "Bread and Wine" at a local Church . When it became a controversy , he clarified that there is no major difference between the Church and Temple . Finally, when the Ayyappa-Deity's will was sought in a "Devaprasnam" , He ordered the immediate dismissal of that Poojari . In the recent "Devaprasnam" at Guruvayoor temple , Lord Krishna confirmed that only Hindus having firm faith in "Kshetra Acharams" and "Deity worship" should enter His temple . He prohibited entry to the non-Hindus . ( A Hindu is one who lives according to the Vedas . A person born in a non-Hindu religion but who has accepted the Vedic way of living is a Hindu .)

In the Church , Jesus's flesh and blood ( bread and wine) are served as "Prasadam". Such rituals are anti-vedic and therefore forbidden in the strictly vegetarian Krishna temples . Of course Meat and liquor are allowed in certain non-Krishna Hindu temples which are for specific Military purposes .

The great modern Rishi Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathy Swamy said " Brahmins are required to control their food habits , perform fasts , etc to attain the steadiness of mind for Veda education and practice . "Kshatrias" can eat meat which will give them strength to fight the wars . By mingling with the Meat eaters , the Brahamin's spiritual discipline will get corrupted . This is the reason for their stay in the restricted Agraharams .

Before I used to be a pure non-vegetarian . In those times , I was aggressive , jealous and unable to concentrate on any thing Spiritual . I was worshipping many Deities at times but nothing was in order . After involving with Krishna-bhakti and consistently chanting Krishna's "Nama-japam" , I gradually lost interest in meat , exhibitionism , pride etc . Consequently , my spiritual discipline improved . Of course I deeply respect all Devathas like Siva , Ganesha , Parvathy , Durga , Ayyappa , Muruka , etc, etc . But my "Ishta-Deva" is Krishna . And I focus on His upasana by chanting "Narayaneeyam" , Vishnu Sahasranamam , etc .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev