IndiaDivine.org

why Parents assign God's Name to their children !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SRI : ||

Hare KRISHNA.

PranAmam to all The Devotees of Lord Sri Krishna.

What a Great Tradition our ancestors have buit in the our daily routine and activities.

Nama Sankeerthan - Just by making us give the sacred Names of The Lord to Children, so that we do repeat ( really Chant ) His names without any effort,

To Say " Sarvan Sri Krishna Arpanam Asthu " after any Puja, Recitals and any Ritual performed and thus making us follow The Teachings of Srimad Bhagavad Gita to surrebder everything to The Lord, without our knowledge and effort.

To keep His idols / painitings in our house as a custom, so that we have His Company at all times.

To prepare sweets and other eatables on His Birthdays ( like Rama Navami, Krishna Jayanthi etc) so that even children are attracted from early years to celebrate Hid Birthdays and so on.

The Bhagavan Namas are very sacred and very powerful as preached and practiced by Great Men, Saints and even ordinary people. Mahatma Gandhi , who was such a Great Person, uttered "Hey Ram", when he was shot and leaving the mortal body.

Even The Alwars have extolled The Greatness of His Nama - as PeriAzhwar advises us to Give His Names to our Children, without calling them by names which have no meaning like Jimmy, Bittu and so on. Thirumangai Alwar says in his very first verse of Peria Thirumoahi - NALAM THARUM SOLLAI NAAN KANDU KONDAEN NARAYANA ENUM NAAMAM - meaning I have found out the Best Word to get liberated from The wordly Life -( which is ) Naryana .

The essence of Bhagavad Gita too is The Teaching of The Lord - To keep thinking of Him. To keep chnting His name ( remebering Him always) and To tsubmit all our thoghts, words and deeds to Him and carry on our asssigned duties without expectation.

All the above are being repeated by our Great AcharyAs, so that we dont get lost and remeber the right way of living.Let us follow it with the Grace of Lord Sri Krishna.

Dasan

Kombur Vankeepuram Madhavan.

Please Help The Needy as it is Service To God.--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Binu T V <binuthazheveetil wrote:

Binu T V <binuthazheveetil why Parents assign God's Name to their children !!! Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 9:37 AM

Krishna,Dear devotees of Lord Krishna,It is our tradition to assign god's name to newly born child such as Narayana, krishna, govinda, hari, gopal, radha, sita, parvathi, lakshmi, saraswati etc .But now a days parents is not doing so, may be because of the fashion. Even children will scold their parents for having god's name.Even my name is Binu, but if my parents would have kept my name as krishna, i am more happy.

In Srimad Bhagavatham there is a story narrated by S'ukadeva Gosvâmî, the son of Vedavyâsa to Mahârâja Parîkshit.

In the city known as Kânyakubja there was a brâhmana named Ajâmila who married a prostitute maidservant and lost all his brahminical qualities because of the association of that low-class woman.

This fallen brâhmana, Ajâmila, gave trouble to others by arresting them, by cheating them in gambling or by directly plundering them. This was the way he earned his livelihood and maintained his wife and children.

While he thus spent his time in abominable, sinful activities to maintain his family of many sons, eighty-eight years of his life passed by.

That old man Ajâmila had ten sons, of whom the youngest was a baby named Nârâyana. Since Nârâyana was the youngest of all the sons, he was naturally very dear to both his father and his mother.

Because of the child's broken language and awkward movements, old Ajâmila was very much attached to him. He always took care of the child and enjoyed the child's activities.

When Ajâmila chewed food and ate it, he called the child to chew and eat, and when he drank he called the child to drink also. Always engaged in taking care of the child and calling his name, Nârâyana, Ajâmila could not understand that his own time was now exhausted and that death was upon him.

When the time of death arrived for the foolish Ajâmila, he began thinking exclusively of his son Nârâyana.

Ajâmila then saw three awkward persons with deformed bodily features, fierce, twisted faces, and hair standing erect on their bodies. With ropes in their hands, they had come to take him away to the abode of Yamarâja. When he saw them he was extremely bewildered, and because of attachment to his child, who was playing a short distance away, Ajâmila began to call him loudly by his name. Thus with tears in his eyes he somehow or other chanted the holy name of Nârâyana.

the order carriers of Vishnu, the Vishnudûtas, immediately arrived when they heard the holy name of their master from the mouth of the dying Ajâmila, who had certainly chanted without offense because he had chanted in complete anxiety.

The order carriers of Yamarâja were snatching the soul from the core of the heart of Ajâmila, the husband of the prostitute, but with resounding voices the messengers of Lord Vishnu, the Vishnudûtas, forbade them to do so.

The greatly sinful Ajâmila chanted only to call his son, not knowing that he was chanting the Lord's holy name. Nevertheless, by chanting the holy name of the Lord, he remembered Nârâyana, and thus he was immediately saved from the ropes of death.

Therefore it should be understood that one is easily relieved from all sinful reactions by chanting the holy name of the Lord and chanting of His qualities and activities.

This is the only process recommended for relief from sinful reactions.

Ajâmila, for example, was extremely sinful, but while dying he merely chanted the holy name, and although calling his son, he achieved complete liberation because he remembered the name of Nârâyana.

Krishna,do nama japa & meditation,

I bow to Krishna, who is residing in your Heart,

Binu Thazhe Veetil

Note: Dear Rajeev Attaa, This is my new E-mail ID, I have closed my old account (binuyogi (AT) gmail (DOT) com).