IndiaDivine.org

Practical Krishna-Bhakti !!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Shankarlal Prabhuji ,

The Vedic Hindu temples such as Guruvayoor Sree Krishna temple is working according to the "Smarta" system established by Adi Shankaracharyar. Ganapathy Homam and Poojas to the "Parivara-Devata" and Ritualistic offerings to all other Devatas is a daily routine . Also, the Poojaris are trained on "Smarta" system . Because of their traditional upbringing, the Brahmana-Poojaris are able to attain the God realization necessary to perform the Vedic rituals . Notably, an "Ishta-Deva" (Most worshipped Deity) exists even in the "Smarta" system .

However, most of the untrained non-Brahmana Hindus are wayward , when they follow the "Advaita " path . They badly miss an `' Ishta-Deva " and associated specific rules and regulations to develop "Bhakti-yoga" . Therefore, the Vaishnava devotional Forums like "" is highlighting the necessity to worship Sree Krishna as `' Ishta-deva " by performing His " Vigraha-aradhana" and Nama-Japam . In this way, the Devotee can stay focused and be able to attain Bhagavan's grace within a very short time .

I have been working in the fanatic Muslim countries , for more many years . Both Muslim and Christian believers have places of worship here . Whereas, Temple worship is strictly forbidden . As a result , most of the Vedic believers are faithless here . When we try to help a Person in trouble, we are shocked to see his lack of "Spirituality ". He doesn't have any "Sadhana" . Some times he accidentally "visits" some temples at home and that is all. No daily ritual such as Nama-japam , at all !!!!!

We initiate him to Krishna-Bhakti by doing the following :

Providing a nice Picture of Sree Krishna . ( Enabling him to See , Feel and then start Worshipping this Krishna-Deity ) .

Encouraging his daily worship by "Nama-japam" at a fixed hour. ( Providing "Hare Krishna mantra" and Vishnu Sahasranamam) .

Giving him books on Bhagavad Geeta and Narayaneeyam commentaries .

Gradually , this Person starts developing a selfless "Bhakti-yoga" to his Ïshta-deva" Sree Krishna ; And he is quickly rewarded with Bhagavan's grace . Thereafter, he will continue to be Krishna-Bhakta for ever .

The specific " Working System" of "Vaishnavism" as mentioned above , is highly effective . Apart from the initiation and the little initial guidance associated with it , no further training is required. The blissful interaction with the in-dwelling Sree Krishna will take care of al needs of the Devotee .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

-------

ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli" shankarabharadwaj wrote ….

Namo namah Prabhu,I agree, this is a very sensible representation. However advaita as open is double-edged. While it was misused, it was also that openness that affected great work. There are many examples but to quote one its contributions in sciences - it is evident if we read Schrodinger/Heisenberg/Fritjof Capra. So where the tradeoff between free for all and being closed is a tough decision. I totally agree with you and I myself feel so, that being one-God religion Vaishnava is much better off in that aspect. It has done very well in encountering Abrahamics. However the point is that the same set of arguments should not be pitted against other Sanatana Dharma religions. Nothing else. There should always be an awareness of who is our friend and who is our enemy. We should be more accommodating within and less accommodating without. Coming to satvic path I have a reservation - because courtesy Adi Sankara, every smarta-srauta religion is basically Satvic. The difference is not even in the devata form - because if Vishnu is satvic then what is Narasimha or Parasurama or Balarama? If Siva is tamasic then what is Dakshinamurty or Candramouleeswara? Basically all the pradhana devatas are to be seen in all the 3 qualities and beyond those. Yes tantra has different methods - but that is a different domain altogether. Coming to advaitis being open to Abrahamics, to be frank the Hindus that either go by advaita or dvaita is quite small. And within that dvaitis are even fewer. For being open as such, it is again double-edged because it is out of those that we find people that studied the enemy and produced a body of polemical knowledge. So there are both very good and very bad aspects there, and certainly some vulnerability.

---

Srikrishnadasa_rajeev wrote…

Dear Shankar Prabhuji , I do agree with your observations on the "unity in diversity" of Sanatana Dharma . Unfortunately , this great religion has been undermined from within . Blasphemy of the sacred scriptures has virtually destryoed the religion . Faithless leaders like Nehru and C.Radhakrishnan exploited the "Ambiguities" of Advaita to derail Hinduism . Advaita is not specific and it gives scope for the faithless to misinterpret .On the other hand "Vaishnavism" is rooted on a firm commitment to the "Ishta-Deva" Sree Krishna . There is no scope for any fake Human God. This is the reason for my posting . I do respect Adi Dhankara as an inctarnation of Lord Siva who is in reality Krishna Himself . Advaita is nice when it is implemented by well-trained Hindus . A Vaishnava is one who follows the "Sattvic" spiritual path in accordance with Krishna's Gita-advice . Such a person will withstand the attacks against his Vedic faith . Ramanujacharya , Caithanya Mahaprabhu and Swami Prabhupada were quire firm in their views . On the other hand, many advaitic Hindus don't even hesitate to involve in "Tamasvic activities" like meat eating claiming that "Advaita" is just a way of life and not a religion. Regards,SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev