IndiaDivine.org

Clarification about Vedic Faith and Vedic Astrology ...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dear Shri Kaul ji ,

Thanks for your mail . And I hope that I am not wasting your time . Let me frankly reveal my views :

After reading your "Speech" ( Vedic astrology is fraud) , I was shocked . I thought you are an ant-vedic missionary (Missionaries often use fake Hindu names) . So I refrained myself from writing much . ( Since Gita advises us not to waste time with non-devotees) .

However , through the later mails , I understood that you are a devoted Hindu . Therefore I replied in detail . Thanks to Bhagavan's grace , we agreed on quite a few aspects . I agree with you that majority of the "Astrologers" these days are "Frauds" . However , we must not discredit * Vedic Sanatana Dharma * by publicly criticizing it's sacred traditions such as genuine * Jyothisha * .

About my background

I am not an Astrologer . As a Krishna-bhakta settled in a Muslim country , I am trying to promote Krishna-bhakti among the potential devotees . Also , I am participating in the functioning of five temples in Kerala . Bhagavan has given me opportunities to serve Him . I have been closely involved with "sattvic" Daivajnas who are pure practitioners of Vedic faith .

Purity of Vedic faith in Kerala

Please don't misunderstand me as a fanatic "Mallu" , for stating the following which is my firm conviction :

Kerala is known as "God's own country" or "Parashurama-kshetram" because it's Vedic frame work was established by Bhagavan Parashuraman . Later Adi Shankaracharya developed and commissioned a self-sustaining Vedic system . Unlike north-India , this Vedic System in Kerala has not been corrupted by Islamic or Christian invaders .

Namboodiris are maintaining the pure tradition of Vedic rituals . There are Adi-shankara created systems to ensure this . Because of this purity , the divinity of the Deities can be experienced by a faithful devotee . Where necessary , the Deities have pro-actively conveyed * Divine Will" through chosen mediums such as "Daivajnas" and Brahmana Tantriks . ( I can confirm this from my personal experiences related to Temple affairs) .

Key Role of a genuine "Jyothishi"

As a committed volunteer of vedic faith , I have noticed with appreciation the contributions of genuine "Jyothishis" . When a customer consults, the Jyothishi explains the status of "Daiva-krupa" and measures to improve the "sadhana* . Atonements for bad karma , may be Poojas and Vedic charity activities . ( And not wearing of precious stones or Yantras) .

Recently , I was standing in the queue at a Jyothishis residence . An NRI in trouble was consulting in side . After verification, the Jyothishi stated "You haven't worshipped Bhagavan properly in your life . Your faith is very weak . Better you perform "Hare Krishna nama-japa" daily for at least one month . Situation will improve for you ".

That NRI agreed his lack of faith and promised to do as advised . And I came to know later that the advice worked well for him . I am sure that he will remain a faithful Hindu till the end of his life .

Accuracy of Vedic Astrology and Panchangas

We have conducted numerous rituals according to *Panchagas* and have never faced problems . Bhagavan has mercifully forgiven the "human errors" in the *Panchangas*. ( Since Bhakti matters to Him more than Logic ) .

In this "Kali-yugam" , we can not expect 100% accuracy and need to manage with what we have . For examples the present day Acharyas are not extraordinary like our Ancient Rishis.

Ashtamangalya Devaprashna

As you have seen in the evidences provided by me earlier , Ashtamangalya Devaprasna is purely Vedic .

Regarding your comments on it's connection with Greece , please note the real fact . King Jarasandha had conquered the ( Yavana Kingdom) Greece. "Kalayavanan" is one Yavana-King who was killed by Lord Krishna Himself . So there was subsequent vedic influence among the Yavanas . There were many saintly Vedic followers in that country who were exponents of the sastras including Vedic astrology . They attained "Brahmanya" by Karma . There are historical records to prove this aspect . The ancient culture remained there as "Pagan faith" till Christianity destroyed it by force .

Therefore, it is baseless to say that , we imported Vedic Astrology from Greece . There are historical evidences of Hindu culture in Indonesia and Fiji Islands . That does not mean Hinduism came to India from those countries .

You have failed to notice Swamy Chandrasekhara Sarasvathi .

I am surprised at your lack of interest in Swami's teachings . Please note the following about Him :

He was the purest practitioner of Vedic Santana Dharma in recent times . He survived merely by eating leaves and dry fruits and traveled by foot . At the age of eighty five , he made "Bharata-yatra" by foot . Never traveled by vehicle or stayed in hotels . He used to stay in the vacant portion of cowsheds etc .

He lived a purely dharmic life up to the age of 100 .

His spiritual power and divine deeds are legendary . Spiritualists called him "Living God" . However, He never projected self as "Human God" and lived as a Sannyasi .

His spiritual power was so immense that , even Muslim Leaders have established "Veda Institutions" after seeking His advice .

He rejuvenated * Vedic faith * in south India .

In conclusion , I humbly urge you to use your Vedic knowledge to promote "Vedic faith" and not to exaggerate isolated pitfalls in it's practice .

Om Namo Narayanaya !!!!

Krishandaya

jyotirved -to HinduCalendar, Vedic Astrology., vedic_research., scienceofastro., akandabaratam, me

Dear Shri Krishnadayaji,

Jai Shri Krishna!

< I hope that learned Brahmanas like yourselves will endeavor to promote Vedic faith >

That is exactly what I am doing when I am divesting the real Vedic lore from the atrocities of "Vedic astrologers"!

< since the anti-Vedic hawks all around are eagerly awaiting to exploit divisions within the Vedic family .>

Here also you are right! And the anti-Vedic hawks have got a handle by labelling the entire Hindu community as nothing but superstitious cowards by being fatalists! In order to extricate ourselves from the clutches of such anti-Vedic hawks, the first thing we have to do is to shun predictive gimmicks like plague, since that is what our Vedic Rishis have advised us!

< The heartbreaking sufferings of Kashmiri Brahmins is not the fault of Vedic religion >

Here also you are right!

< None other than, an irreligious Kashmiri "Pandit" himself has constituted it>

Yes, here also you are right, but the blame for making Kashmir Pandits irreligious squarely lies with "Vedic astrologers" since they made us, like they made the entire Hindu community including a Krishna Bhakta like you, celebrate all our festivals and muhurtas on wrong days just to prove their astrological prowess on the shoulders of some non-existent Lahiri or Ramana or Fagan Rashichakra!

<As a humble Vaishnava , it is heartbreaking to see the blind rejection of Rishi-created doctrines like *Parasara hora* , *Varahamihira hora* , etc as non-vedic .>

It is a very bad habit of "Vedic astrologers" -- and you are no exception! They just remain and also want to remain ignorant about the reality! The Brihat Parashari you are talking about is one of the worst concoctions of the nineteenth century---all the editions of them—whether the Nirnaya Sagara press edition or Master Khelari Lal and Sons edition---which has been translated into English by R. Santhanam later! They are not works by Parashara Rishi at all but have been published by some people just for the greed of money in the name of Parashara! You know, jyotishis are a greedy lot! They want money even for "predicting" as to how miserable he/she is going to be and then to help him/her some amelioration from those miseries they want more money! The same is the case with Parashara Hora and Brighu Samhita and Ravana Samhita and Aruna Samhita etc. etc. All are concoctions for the sake of money!

< Bhagavan repeats often "Ancient Rishis mentioned so … In the opinion of Rishis "…. , etc) . >

You are right! We find in the Vedas also "iti shushruma dheeranam ye nas tad vichachakshire" But those Rishis did not tell lies whereas today's fake Rishis are liars of the worst order when they say that the phalit they are "revealing" is as per Parashara Rishi or Brighu Rishi etc.

< Astrological Business for monetary gains is not * Vedic Astrology * but "Mlecha Astrology">

You are right, again! And these days ninety-nine per cent astr9ologers are practicing mleccha astrology, as such!

Regarding Ashtamangala Prashna, it may be just a way of prognosis like Tarot cards or I Ching or Feng Shi etc. I wonder whether you are aware that Prashna Shastra (Horary astrology) is admittedly an import from Chaldea/Greece since it follows the principles of Ithsshala, Mushraja etc. as given in Tazika Neelakanthi! In other words, what you are trying to prove is that Asthamagnala Prashna being followed in some temples is also a remnant of Babylonian astrology!

The rest of the points that you have discussed are really irrelevant to proving "Vedic astrology" either as Vedic or scientific! They maybe a good "pravachan" in some temple for some simpletons! They do not answer any of the questions raised by me!

Let me repeat just one of my questions: If till the advent of twentieth century, all the panchangas in India were prepared from monstrously wrong astronomical works like the Surya Sidhanta or Aryabhati etc., how on earth could the predictions based on them be correct?

You will appreciate that by brushing such questions under the carpet we are making ourselves more vulnerable to criticism of anti-Vedic hawks!

With regards,

Avtar Krishen Kaul