IndiaDivine.org

Bharatha pradakshina: 16 Aug 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bharatha pradakshina

Today: Kerala

Sri Poonthanam's Jnanapana (Song of Wisdom) in Malayalam

Guru Nathan thuna cheiga sanththam,Thiru namangal navin mel eppozhum,Piriyathe irikkanam nammude,Nara janmam saphala makkeduvan.

Request I, for the grace from my Guru without fail,

So that Lord’s holy names are always on my tongue,And continue to be there forever without change,So that this our, human birth becomes most fruitful.

Source: Wiki, Celextal.org

Bhakthi or Vibhakthi

Poonthanam, a great bhaktha and mystic, who wrote his verses in malayalam as he didn't know Samskrit. His love for Lord Guruvayoorappan (Bhagavan Krishna) was so great that he used to chant with tears the Vishnu Sahasarnama daily. There was an erudite scholar and great poet in Samskrit at that time and he used to laugh at Poonthanam's Samskrit reading and recitation of Vishnu Sahasarnama. One day Poonthanam was wrongly reciting "Padmanabho Maraprabhu" and the scholar openly laughed at Poonthanam and corrected saying, Padmanabha is not Maraprabhu but Amaraprabhu (which means Lord of immortals in Samskrit). Immediately, there was an akshavani (celestial voice) from the inner shrine, "I am also Maraprabhu (Lord of trees). I like Poothanam's bhakthi more than your vibhakthi (learning or knowledge in samskrit grammar)."Searching for weekend getaways? Try Live.com Try it!