IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Knowledge of the Absolute

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna.

O son of Kunti [Arjuna], I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.

I am the original fragrance of the earth, and I am the heat in fire. I am the life of all that lives, and I am the penances of all ascetics.

O son of Prtha, know that I am the original seed of all existences, the intelligence of the intelligent, and the prowess of all powerful men.

GITA 7:8-10

Question: How should I understand this fact that in the entire Universe there is only You?O Kuntinandana, I am the sweetness in water; I am the radiance in the Moon and the Sun; I am the sacred syllable "Om" in the entire Vedas; I am the element of sound in ether (space); I am the manliness in men (Gita 7:8); I am original and pure fragrance in the earth; I am the heat in the fire; I am the life-force in all beings; I am the austerity in ascetics; (Gita 7:9). Oh Paarth ! I am the eternal seed of all beings; I am the intelligence of the intelligent; I am the glory of the glorious and might (free from passion and desire) of the mighty. (Gita 7:10)In beings, I am desire that is not in conflict with Dharma (virtue orrighteousness or scriptural injunction). (Gita

7:11)Not only this but whatever other entities that are born and have the inner expression of Sattva (goodness), of Rajas (Activity or Passion) and Tamas (Inertia or ignorance), know them all as having come from Me alone - must be understood as such. But in reality, however, neither they are in Me, nor I am in them. That is, I am completely and entirely untainted and beyond them. (Gita 7-12)Question: If it is so, why do all human beings not know you so?Deluded and immersed in this world, attracted by the three modes of Nature (prakriti) – Sattva (goodness), Rajas (passion) and Tamas (delusion), therefore they are unable to know Me, who is beyond these three modes of nature (gunas) and Eternal (avinaashi)( Gita 7-13)

Question: Then who knows you?This divine illusion (potency) of Mine, consisting of the three Gunas (modes of Nature), is certainly extremely difficult to surmount. But those who having the disinclination for this illusion, exclusively takes refuge in Me alone, they through My grace, cross over this illusion and know Me. (Gita 7-14)

The jurisdiction of Krsna consciousness extends everywhere, and one who knows Krsna consciousness is blessed. Those who do not know Krsna are in illusion, and so knowledge of Krsna is liberation, and ignorance of Him is bondage.

Krsna is the source of everything. He is the root. As the root of a tree maintains the whole tree, Krsna, being the original root of all things, maintains everything in this material manifestation. This is also confirmed in the Vedic literature. Yato va imani bhutani jayante. "The Supreme Absolute Truth is that from which everything is born." He is the prime eternal among all eternals. He is the supreme living entity of all living entities, and He alone is maintaining all life. Krsna also says that He is the root of all intelligence. Unless a person is intelligent he cannot understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna.