IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavan Sri Krishna's Appearance ..Sunday 24 Aug 08.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Appearance of Bhagavan Sri Krishna, the God of Gods !!!!

Krishna Janmasthami: Appearance day of the Supreme Personality of Godhead

Date : 24th Aug, 2008, Fasting till midnight ***

---------Lord Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. God is a person. Just as we think, feel and will, God also does. And just as when the President or Prime Minister of a country goes travelling, the agenda is planned many months in advance and his mission and the places where he will go are all announced beforehand, similarly Krishna appears at specified times within this universe, and the scheduled time of His appearance is announced in the Vedic literatures, specifically Srimad-Bhagavatam, also known as the Bhagavata Purana.Then, in the twentieth incarnations, the Lord advented Himself as Krishna in the family of Vrsni, and by so doing He removed the burden of the world. - (Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.23)The incarnation of Godhead, descends from the kingdom of God for creating and maintaining the material manifestation. And the particular form of the Personality of Godhead who so descends is called an incarnation, or avatar. The Srimad Bhagavatam states that there are countless incarnations just like the waves of the oceans. They fall in various categories like lila (pastime), yuga (period of yuga), manavantara (period of Manu), purusa (Vishnu expansions) and shaktivesa (empowered). These incarnations perform various pastimes based on the time, place and circumstances, but their purpose is always the same - "to attract the conditioned souls back to their eternal spiritual abode".The incarnations emanate from Vishnu. Maha-Vishnu is the original cause of all material creation and from Him Garbhodakashai-Vishnu expands and then Ksirodakasayi-Vishnu. Generally all incarnations appearing within the material world are plenary portions of Ksirodakasayi-Vishnu. However once in a day of Lord Brahma (which lasts for 4.32 billion of earthly years), does Krishna descend in His original form, as the avataree, the cause of all incarnations. Krishna is the original Personality of Godhead. This fact is stated and corroborated in the Vedic scriptures and by various authorities. Lord Brahma in Brahma Samhita 5.1 says: "Krishna who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes." In the Srimad Bhagavatam Krishna is the chief object of devotion. After describing various incarnations of the Lord such as Rama, Balarama, Vamana, Nrsimha, Budha and Kalki, Sukadeva Goswami states: "All of the above mentioned incarnations are either plenary portions or portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Lord Krishna is the original Personality of Godhead" (SB 1.3.28). In the Padma Purana it is stated, "By scrutinizingly reviewing all the revealed scriptures and judging them again and again, it is now concluded that Lord Narayana is the Supreme Absolute Truth, and thus He alone should be worshipped". Similarly it is said in the Skanda Purana, "In the material world, which is full of darkness and dangers, combined with birth and death and full of different anxieties, the only way to get out of the great entanglement is to accept loving transcendental devotional service to Lord Vasudeva. This is accepted by all classes of philosophers". The position of Krishna as God is confirmed by great personalities like Narada, Asita, Devala, Vyasa, Parasara, Brahma and Shiva. Finally Krishna Himself confirms this fact in the Bhagavad-gita to His friend and devotee, Arjuna:"I am the Supreme Lord of all planets and demigods" (Bg 5.29.)"There is no truth superior to Me" (Bg 7.7.)"I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me" (Bg 10.8)_______________Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion, at that time, I descend Myself, in order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion ~ Lord Krsna [bg 4.7-8]---

• 2 weeks later...

I shall be very happy to know the year and day which krishna appears on this earth--- On Fri, 8/22/08, krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:krishnadaya <krishnadaya Bhagavan Sri Krishna's Appearance ..Sunday 24 Aug 08. Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 9:44 PM

Appearance of Bhagavan Sri Krishna, the God of Gods !!!! Krishna Janmasthami: Appearance day of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Date : 24th Aug, 2008, Fasting till midnight *** ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Lord Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. God is a person. Just as we think, feel and will, God also does. And just as when the President or Prime Minister of a country goes travelling, the agenda is planned many months in advance and his mission and the places where he will go are all announced beforehand, similarly Krishna appears at specified times within this universe, and the scheduled time of His appearance is announced in the Vedic literatures, specifically Srimad-Bhagavatam, also known as the Bhagavata Purana.Then, in the twentieth incarnations, the Lord advented Himself as Krishna in the family of Vrsni, and by so doing He removed the burden of the world. - (Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.23)The incarnation of Godhead, descends from the kingdom of God for creating and maintaining the material manifestation. And the particular form of the Personality of Godhead who so descends is called an incarnation, or avatar. The Srimad Bhagavatam states that there are countless incarnations just like the waves of the oceans. They fall in various categories like lila (pastime), yuga (period of yuga), manavantara (period of Manu), purusa (Vishnu expansions) and shaktivesa (empowered). These incarnations perform various pastimes based on the time, place and circumstances, but their purpose is always the same - "to attract the conditioned souls back to their eternal spiritual abode".The incarnations emanate from Vishnu. Maha-Vishnu is the original cause of all material creation and from Him Garbhodakashai- Vishnu expands and then Ksirodakasayi- Vishnu.

Generally all incarnations appearing within the material world are plenary portions of Ksirodakasayi- Vishnu. However once in a day of Lord Brahma (which lasts for 4.32 billion of earthly years), does Krishna descend in His original form, as the avataree, the cause of all incarnations. Krishna is the original Personality of Godhead. This fact is stated and corroborated in the Vedic scriptures and by various authorities. Lord Brahma in Brahma Samhita 5.1 says: " Krishna who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes." In the Srimad Bhagavatam Krishna is the chief object of devotion. After describing various incarnations of the Lord such as Rama, Balarama, Vamana, Nrsimha, Budha and Kalki, Sukadeva Goswami states: "All of the above mentioned incarnations are either plenary portions or

portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Lord Krishna is the original Personality of Godhead" (SB 1.3.28). In the Padma Purana it is stated, "By scrutinizingly reviewing all the revealed scriptures and judging them again and again, it is now concluded that Lord Narayana is the Supreme Absolute Truth, and thus He alone should be worshipped". Similarly it is said in the Skanda Purana, "In the material world, which is full of darkness and dangers, combined with birth and death and full of different anxieties, the only way to get out of the great entanglement is to accept loving transcendental devotional service to Lord Vasudeva. This is accepted by all classes of philosophers" . The position of Krishna as God is confirmed by great personalities like Narada, Asita, Devala, Vyasa, Parasara, Brahma and Shiva. Finally Krishna Himself confirms this fact in the Bhagavad-gita to His friend and devotee, Arjuna:"I am the

Supreme Lord of all planets and demigods" (Bg 5.29.)"There is no truth superior to Me" (Bg 7.7.)"I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me" (Bg 10.8)____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion, at that time, I descend Myself, in order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion ~ Lord Krsna [bg 4.7-8]------------ --------- --------- ------