IndiaDivine.org

Interesting Discussions about Krishna-Bhakti and other Faiths........

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Smt.Sarojaji ,

There is no necessity for Mr.G… or anyone to preach "Respect all Religions" stuff to Krishna-bhakthas . Since the very essence of Krishna-bhakthi is compassion to all beings in this universe , hatred to anyone or faith is irrelevant to it .

Notably, Mr.G… has not stopped there . He went ahead with boasting about his and son's "Church-worship" . ( Which was lauded by you and most of the Forum members) . Sometimes back , I had a long discussion with Mr.G… on this subject . I pointed out the event in Sabarimala temple ( where people of religious faiths can worship) . The "Melsanti" had offered worship at the local Nilamel church . When heard about this , the Kshetram-Tantri dismissed the erring Poojari and took over all the Poojas . This created a big controversy . A Devaprasnam was held to obtain Lord Ayyappa's opinion . Bhagavan approved Thantri's action and instructed to put in place the mandatory system of "Purappeda-Shanti" ( Resident Poojari) to prevent such corruption in future .

Unfortunately, my pleadings failed to move the "Mindset" of Mr.G… and he silently quit the debate .

Krishna-bhaktas like me do not accept any BLASPHEMY on the scriptural injunctions of Geeta, Bhagavatham and Narayaneeyam . We can not offer worship at a Church or Mosques whose dogma advocates to break the "Saguna-Brahman Murties* and rubbishes vedic followers as Infidels or God haters . As I pointed earlier , we are bound by Gita-advice to respect all faiths notwithstanding their actions ; but we are not supposed to practice their "Mlecha" non-Vedic rituals .

You were eloquent about Ramakrishna Parmahamsa's findings about equality of religions . But later you agreed that he worshipped only Kali-mata . His main disciple Vivekananda vehemently advocated Vedic Sanatana Dharma and he never attempted to bluff "All Religions are the same" for cheap popularity .

I understand now, why the Vaishnava Acharyas are rejecting the Advaita fanatics as "Mayavadi" . In their over enthusiasm to prove own point of view, the fanatic Advaitees do give credibility to anti-Vedic Abrahamic dogmas and rituals .

Let me be honest . I have the habit of collecting all Vaishnava related articles . But , despite reading a few, your write-ups neither filled my eyes with tears of Bhakthi or my hairs stood on it's tip as it used to happen with me while reading Ramanuja, Cahithanya, Peraiaval , Melpathur, Poonthanam or Kuruooramma . The Bhakti-bhava was missing in your articles . I firmly believe that , it is due to the contradiction between what you write about scriptures and what you advocate publicly on life-air issues like focused *Ishta-deva* worship to Krishna . Opposite to my work desk , seated are two qualified Namboodiri Poojaris . When I showed your previous emails to them , they were shocked . It was they who reminded me about the * Uthamam* and * Varjyam* aspects of Pooja rituals in temples . Anything auspicious to Bhagavan Krishna is the same to me and anything inauspicious to Him too is the same to me . My faith is following His instructions without question .

Personally . I am not an antagonist type Vaishnavite . I do offer daily prayers and worship to other Deities as well . But my Ishta-deva is Bhagavan Krishna . Once I was offering worship at my family's Lord Siva temple and suddenly Bhagavatha parayanam started their glorifying Krishna . I wept at this gesture of my family Deity Lord Siva . Some years back , I and family selected a nice house for buying from a Christian . When I checked it's suitability the Vedic Jyothishi shocked me by revealing " There is "Vilichucholli-prardhana" ( Loud Christian prayers) in that house , which Bhadrakali-devi doesn't accept . You must ritually purify it before occupying " .

Since many years , I am working in a Muslim country where Vedic worship is forbidden . I am with so many nationalities but deeply sad to see the "lack of faith" among so many Hindu associates . They are misguided by the blasphemous "blah…blah…" utterances of thoughtless Hindu-orators , as mentioned above . However, Bhagavan Krishna has mercifully facilitated me to light the lamp of Krishna-bhakti in the lives of many such erratic Hindus . It was in this context that I pointed out the , destructive influence of the above mentioned blasphemous mails published in that Forum .

Dear Sarojaji , I was frank to you as I am with my own AMMA . She is also a retired teacher . Though a devotee, often Amma used to make compromises to please people around . Watching TV serials during "Sandhya-hours" was one such gesture . In those times she used to be troubled a lot by many illnesses . I relentlessly counseled her and showed by personal example, selfless Upasana to Krishna . After some time, she demanded a *Narayaneeyam* book and Krishna-picture from me and very soon got plunged in to the world of Krishna-bhakthi . Amma started enjoying it and to make it sweater all her illnesses disappeared . Recently , my healthy father had a sudden life threatening Surgery ( wherein due to post-surgery cardiac arrest , he was clinically live on ventilator support only but came back to life miraculously ) . My Amma just struck to her ardent Narayaneeyam recitation even in that critical situation .

Please forgive my hard statements ( which I was duty bound to as a Krishna-servant without fear or favor ) , like an AMMA forgives her son .

A Krishnaservant .

---------------------------

"Saroja Ramanujam" <sarojram18

Dear Dasa,

I do not advocate the worship of other religon symbols or svriptural books in places of worship in Hindu faith.I think what Mr.G maent was one should respect the beliefs of others. That does not mean that you should give up your faith and follow other religion. Sri Ramakrishna said that all religoins and philosophy point towards the same truth but he contiinued only his worship to Kali.My story as I said was only a story wth a moral and does not extoll christianity. It is like this. I love my father and he is the best as far as I amc i oncerned but I dont find fault with my neighbour for loving his father equallso and do not claim that my father is the only father to be loved. I worship Lord Narayana and though I used to go to other temples earlier once I became a staunch vaishnavaite I do not seek the other temples now not because I am against other gods but I dont feel the need since My Naryan is with me. That is all.At the same time if I happen to go to any holy place and there is afamous temple I will certainly go in because all deiteis get their power only throuh Narayana and one should not show hatred towards them.Simlilarly Mr.G must have meant about churches and mosques.I dont mean that you should fom llow the teachings of Christ or Mohamet or even Buddha and mahavuira for that reason but there is no harm in taking the moral values from the stories of other religions. As I said earlier you can easily supply the names Munnah and Krishna for Jim and Jesus and the story will not change. I hope I made myself vlear. I am sorry if I have sounded ambiguous before. I never say what I do not believe and never say something for the sake of appearances or to flaunt my learning whcih is handful compared to all that to be learnt whci is as big as the ocean. The great woman sage Avvai said .kattRadhu kaimmaN aLavu kallaadhadhu ulagaLavu.which means the same thing.

Saroja Ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. ---------------

<Dasa wrote:……………………..

Dear Smt.Sarojamji ,

After reading the responses to the topic "all religions are same" , I am sad about it's negative impacts on Guruvayoorappa Bhaktas who adore you as a mother figure . Personally , I am a grass root level servant of Vedic temples and I am driven by the regulatory "Vigraha Aradhana" principles put in place by Vedic Acharyas like Adi Shankara and His successor Thantris . To me , Bhagavan in "Vigraha-form" is a reality replica of Parabrahman and not a myth . I have experienced , how He evolves through chosen mediums to help Padasevaks like me who are ardently looking forward to His divine direction . I am sure , this looks funny to great Scholars like you , but it is true in my case . A layman like me need not boast or lie about to impress celebrities like You .

In Guruvayoor temple , no "holy cross" or any such Abrahamic symbol is allowed . Even foreign flowers or fruits are "Varjyam"to Bhagavan . Bhakta can read Bhagavatham , Geeta or Narayaneeyam within the Guruvayoor temple, but never no-vedic books like "Bible " or "Quran" . Can you tell me why it is so ? . Since all religions are same , why Guruvayoorappan doesn't allow the entry of non-Hindus inside His temple ? .

I personally have no hatred but respect towards any other religion . I don't like to harm even a fly since God exists within everything . However, as a strict follower of the Vedic rules , I would always abide by the standing instructions in place . Any amendment to the scriptural instructions will come through such authorized messengers like Adi Shankara, Ramanujacharya , Chaithanya Mahaprabhu , Melpathur , Poonthanam, Kurooramma or Periaval . I have not found anything in their teachings to accept non-vedic worships like that in Churches and Mosques . Therefore ,in this subject, the contradictory writings of Yours and Mr.G… are Blasphemy to me .

Please, pardon me if my words have hurt you in any manner .

A padasevakan of Guruvayoorappan .

----------------

"Saroja Ramanujam" <sarojram18

I agree fully with Mr.G… in this respect. We have an example of the fact that truly evolved have no hatred towards any religion or philosophy. Sri Ramakrishna followed all religions and all philosophical views for ashort time and through his meditation and said that he foudout by experience that all religions and all philosophers talk about the same truth but only the way of expression is different according to the difference in individuals.

Saroj Ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. ---------------------- On Thu, 8/28/08, Mr.G……..> wrote: ……………@gmail. com>

Dear Pravinji, Savitriji and other friends,Dear all,

We should keep an open mind and learn to respect all religions. If we look closely, all religions ultimately teach us the same things. The differences are only at lower levels. It was in that context that I was quoting my own experience. One day, my youngest son, who was hardly 12 years old came to me and asked, "Appa, my friend is calling me to the Church, can I go?"I was puzzled. I never expected a question from him of this nature. I thought for a while and said--" Okay, son, you can very well go. But you should know that any place people pray is a sacred place. So dont go just for fun's sake. If your friend is calling you, go along with him and pray to God with all sincerity to protect us from all evil."Many ask me whether "Dvaitha" or "Advaitha" is correct. I tell them that in this respect, there is nothing right and nothing wrong. It is all in each person's concept.LoveMr.G…………---------------------------Pravin balan wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Mr.G……

Very well said and we are very much blessed to have you both seniors in this group.

Just recently I had got a 'Thought for the day' message from the School of Bhagwat Gita Chapter in Dubai...which is copied below and this I would like to share with all our dear devotees.

schoolofbhagavadgit auae@googlegroup s.com [schoolofbha gavadgitauae@ googl. com] On Behalf Of School of Bhagavad Gita

There are several bathing banks or ghats on a large river. A person

goes to whichever ghat he pleases, but reaches the same water. There's

no point in quarrelling over the merits of the various ghats. Every

religion of the world is like a ghat, each has its own plus and minus

points. And each leads to the water of Eternal Bliss. The one and the

same water is called by different names in different languages. So,

the one Sat-Chit-Ananda, Existence-Conscious ness-Bliss, is invoked by

some as Allah, by some as Hari and by others as Jesus.

Narayana Narayana Narayana

Pravin

---------------------------- On Thu, 8/28/08, Mr.G……..> wrote: ……………@gmail. com>

Dear all,As Sarojaji says, we are followers of Sanatana Dharma which tolerates all religions. Hence we should, really speaking, believe in one God, the Supreme Nirguna Brahman, the Whole Indivisible, All-pervading God, whose manifestations are seen as many religions, beliefs, different Gods, etc. A real Jnani will not be a religious fanatic and will try to respect all religions and pray to all Gods. He will also try to learn good aspects of all religious faiths.Please dont think I am boasting about myself. When I go for my walks in any place i visit, if I come across a temple, a church or even a mosque, I stand before it with folded hands and pray for World Peace for a while. Looking at me with Bhasmam and Chandanam on my forehead, and praying before a mosque, I have seen many people looking at me as a funny creature and even laughing sometimes. I do not bother about all that. Let us respect all religions and all Gods so that this world will be free from religious prejudices, differences and hatred. Love only begets more love. Love for all religions, Gods and people.LoveMr.G…..-----------------Saroja Ramanujam wrote:

Dear devortees,

Some one has taken objection to my quoting a story about a christian.

I am not prejudiced against anyone or any religion since God is one. But I forwarded the story just to show that it is not necesaary that one should learn prayers and it is enough if you just recognise the Lord as some one close to you who know your innermost heart . it is just like any other srory and has no religious significance. You have to take at its face value and not attribute any motive to it.Good stories with morals are available in all religions. I told the story of devotee of pure and simple heart and if you want you an change the names to suit Hindufaith, no harm.Taj ke the moral and not the details such as the name and religion etc.

sarojaramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.