IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Happiness and Unhappiness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna

He for whom no one is put into difficulty and who is not disturbed by anxiety, who is steady in happiness and distress, is very dear to Me.

A devotee who is not dependent on the ordinary course of activities, who is pure, expert, without cares, free from all pains, and who does not strive for some result, is very dear to Me. One who neither grasps pleasure or grief, who neither laments nor desires, and who renounces both auspicious and inauspicious things, is very dear to Me.

GITA 12:15 - 17

O son of Kunti, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.

GITA 2:14

You know both happiness and unhappiness. Both can be understood only by he who is separate from the two. He who becomes one with either may remain eternally happy or he may remain eternally unhappy. But he who remains even-minded in happiness and in unhappiness, he can know both, that happiness and that sorrow. Happiness is separate and unhappiness is separate. And the one who remains apart from both these, can know them both. If we blend with them, then he will be unable to know both happiness and unhappiness. Rather we will know only one, the state in which we settle. Second point, while experiencing happiness you are the same one as while experiencing unhappiness. And it is only because you are the same one, that you are able to experience them both separately. The experiencer of both happiness and sorrow separately, is apart from happiness and unhappiness. Now when will you have separate experience of happiness and unhappiness ? When you

no longer remain established in Nature (Prakriti), and become established in Self "swa". "Samdukhasukha swasthah" (Gita 14:24). Nature is constantly changing. If you become established in it, then you will constantly undergo agitations and changes. But that agitation will never be in you (self). Even in a state of ignorance, these disturbances are not in you and even in state of perfect knowledge, these disturbances are not in you. In your Self (swarup) there has never been any agitations, can never ever be any agitations. If there were agitations and disturbances then they could neverbe wiped out. These agitations, disturbances and changes are happening in Nature (Prakriti). To experience your Self as being separate from Nature (Prakriti) is the essence of Knowledge. It is to attain Salvation. In reality you are apart from Nature (Prakriti). To understand this point, you please have mercy, please pay a little attention. You are not the one

to come and go. It is the subject of the sense organs to give happiness and sorrow through favorable and unfavorable situations. They come and go and they are not permanent; therefore you endure them.

O best among men [Arjuna], the person who is not disturbed by happiness and distress and is steady in both is certainly eligible for liberation.

GITA 2:15

Anyone who is steady in his determination for the advanced stage of spiritual realization and can equally tolerate the onslaughts of distress and happiness is certainly a person eligible for liberation. In the varnasrama institution, the fourth stage of life, namely the renounced order (sannyasa), is a painstaking situation. But one who is serious about making his life perfect surely adopts the sannyasa order of life in spite of all difficulties. The difficulties usually arise from having to sever family relationships, to give up the connection of wife and children. But if anyone is able to tolerate such difficulties, surely his path to spiritual realization is complete. Similarly, in Arjuna's discharge of duties as a ksatriya, he is advised to persevere, even if it is difficult to fight with his family members or similarly beloved persons. Lord

Caitanya took sannyasa at the age of twenty-four, and His dependents, young wife as well as old mother, had no one else to look after them. Yet for a higher cause He took sannyasa and was steady in the discharge of higher duties. That is the way of achieving liberation from material bondage.

Hare Krishna!

Dear Sir,

"Lord Caitanya took sannyasa at the age of twenty-four, and His dependents, young wife as well as old mother, had no one else to look after them. Yet for a higher cause He took sannyasa and was steady in the discharge of higher duties. That is the way of achieving liberation from material bondage."

I went through your msg. Also, we know that whoever taken Sannyasa, they left the family when nobody is to take care of them. (Example, Ramanujar).

But my small doubt is if we do not do our duties, i.e. to look after who is dependant on us, is it not a punishable one?

I did not want to hurt anybody, but trying to understand the information.

Padma.

, Padma Bharanni

<bharanni wrote:

>

> Hare Krishna!

>  

> Dear Sir,

>

> " Lord Caitanya took sannyasa at the age of twenty-four, and His

dependents, young wife as well as old mother, had no one else to

look after them. Yet for a higher cause He took sannyasa and was

steady in the discharge of higher duties. That is the way of

achieving liberation from material bondage. "

>

> I went through your msg.  Also, we know that whoever taken

Sannyasa, they left the family when nobody is to take care of them. 

(Example, Ramanujar).

>  

> But my small doubt is if we do not do our duties, i.e. to look

after who is dependant on us, is it not a punishable one?  

>  

> I did not want to hurt anybody, but trying to understand the

information.

>  

> P

adma.

Hi I read ur message in this regard answer is that there are

numerous of persons who have faith in god but there are few who left

each and every thing for god and god helps them in every respect.

Dear the persons who left their parents and family are made only by

the God Krishna to give an example and who will perform this duty

only God Krishna decide this. So don't worry we are not such a lucy

person.

Munish

>

• 2 weeks later...

, Padma Bharanni

<bharanni wrote:

>

> Hare Krishna!

>  

> Dear Sir,

>

> " Lord Caitanya took sannyasa at the age of twenty-four, and His

dependents, young wife as well as old mother, had no one else to

look after them. Yet for a higher cause He took sannyasa and was

steady in the discharge of higher duties. That is the way of

achieving liberation from material bondage. "

>

> I went through your msg.  Also, we know that whoever taken

Sannyasa, they left the family when nobody is to take care of them. 

(Example, Ramanujar).

>  

> But my small doubt is if we do not do our duties, i.e. to look

after who is dependant on us, is it not a punishable one?  

>  

> I did not want to hurt anybody, but trying to understand the

information.

>  

> Padma.

> Hari om

it is very good query of life but my opinion is that the final

enlightenment u shall attain by doing your kartavayas but u must get

a real guidance by an enlighten soul i.e. purna sadguru by realising

the teaching of sadguru in ur real life as gita says everything u do

just arpan it to god he will lead u in ultimate peace. Sanyas is one

way to acheive that ultimate task of human life but u can achive it

through karma yoga also, just go & realise the sadgurus anubhav do

the seva, ask them about the god which is in u but because of this

maya u can't see it the sadgurus gyan will show u that no one is

their only u is their " soham " " aham bhramasmi " mein hi sab hoon, muj

mein hi sab kalpit hain, yeh jagat swapan hai, in ramayana Bholenath

says to Parvatiji " Uma kahoon mein anubhav apna, satya hari bhajan

jagat sab swapna " the Ulimate Vaishanv Shivji says this

The Only i want u to say is just as soon as possible take a

Diksha from a " Atma saksatkari " sadguru & enjoy ur life both in

spiritual & matrialistic world

I had taken a diksha from such a sadguru Pujya pad Sant Shri

Asharamji Bapu his dristipat varsha in dhayanyog shivir will tells u

every thing u want to know this is not that i insist u to take a

diksha from him but my own practical life experince shows that he is

a real Atma saksatkari purush.

Thanks

Any thing that hurts ur feeling i apologise for it waiting for ur

answer

chetan

• 4 months later...

Hare Krsna One whose happiness is within, who is active within, who rejoices within and is illumined within, is actually the perfect mystic. He is liberated in the Supreme, and ultimately he attains the Supreme. BHAGAVAD GITA 5:24 Unless one is able to relish happiness from within, how can one retire from the external engagements meant for deriving superficial happiness? A liberated person enjoys happiness by factual experience. He can, therefore, sit silently at any place and enjoy the activities of life from within. Such a liberated person no longer desires external material happiness. This state is called brahma-bhuta, attaining which one is assured of going back to Godhead, back to home. If you want happiness, then give happiness to others. Just as you sow, so shall you

reap.Wherever we see the encountering of sense pleasures and worldly happiness, be sure that there is some danger there ! Everything is only God – `Vasudevah Sarvam' (God is all) but He is not an object to be enjoyed. Anyone who wants to enjoy Him as object of enjoyment and pleasure, will continue to suffer.In a household, if a feeling exists in all, that how can I gain happiness, then everybody will become unhappy. However if the sentiments are that how can others become happy, then all will become happy.If you do not desire pain, then do not seek worldly pleasures."Let others be happy," - If this sentiment prevails, then all will be happy including ourselves. "Let me be happy," if this sentiment prevails, then all will be unhappy, including ourselves.Why doesn't worldly pleasure and happiness last? Because, it is not ours, and it is not for us at all.Pleasures appear to be

enjoyable, but its end result is not good. Pain appears to make us feel bad, but its end result is good.A state of unhappiness in God's regime comes for our highest good. So one should not wish to remove it, rather one should bear it peacefully.One who harms others, he in reality, harms himself most, and one who helps others to be happy, he verily makes himself happy.To be happy on receiving pain, is one of the highest means of SadhanaMan is not free, to get rid of circumstances but he is quite free, capable and competent in not becoming an enjoyer and not becoming happy or sorrowful. It means that, man is always free, capable and powerful in being happy or unhappy.The world does not cause pain to anybody, but it is the acknowledged link with it, that inflicts pain.By worldly happiness, worldly unhappiness can never be wiped out – this is a rule.On gaining ingress to the world,

greed increases and pain results. But on achieving God, love increases and bliss wells up.A sufferer of pain can in future, be happy, but one who causes pain, can never be happy.In order to seek happiness, he who does not establish a tie with anyone, he lives happily and dies happily. But those who link themselves with others, intent upon seeking something, they remain unhappy while alive and die in unhappiness, as well.Just as thirst for water makes a person unhappy, though water by itself does not cause unhappiness. It is the attachment to the worldly happiness, that causes pain, while the world by itself does not cause unhappiness.