IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Ego (I-ness)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna

One who is not envious but who is a kind friend to all living entities, who does not think himself a proprietor, who is free from false ego and equal both in happiness and distress, who is always satisfied and engaged in devotional service with determination and whose mind and intelligence are in agreement with Me--he is very dear to Me. GITA 12:13-14

Ego (I-ness) I-ness is the seed of the entire World.By assuming this body as "I and Mine", one gets all kinds of endless pains and sorrows.By giving up that ego (aham), endless creations are foresaken; because that ego itself, has held on to the entire World."I am bound" - in this the "I", is the same as the "I" in the "I am free" or the "I" in "I am Brahma" ! In this the removal of this "I" itself is in reality, liberation. The World, the Being (Embodied Soul, Jeev) and Paramatma (Supreme Soul, Supreme Consciousness, God) - they all are only One, but due to egoism, these appear as three. In truth, detachment should be from the body itself. On being detached from the society, the egoism (ahamtaa, individuality) is not eliminated, rather it is further strengthened. Our "Self" (Swarup) is divinity, eternal existence and

in that there is no ego - if this point is understood, then at this very moment is liberation (release from future births, establishment of Self with Brahman) Struggle does not come from caste or religion, rather it comes due to selfishness and pride that arises from egoism. Seeing something special in one's self, is the strengthening of ego, finiteness, and bodily pride. God's manifestion (this entire World) is image of God Himself, but Jiva (embodied soul) due to egoism, attraction and attachment, gives it an image of the World.