IndiaDivine.org

Vrindavana Ashtakam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vrindavana Ashtakam

Eight Prayers Glorifying Sri Vrindavana Dhama

Text One

na yoga-siddhir na mamastu moksovaikuntha-loke pi na parsadatvampremapi na syad iti cet taram tumamastu vrindavana eva vasah

Let me not have mystic powers, impersonal liberation, the Lord's association in Vaikuntha, or even pure love for Him, if instead of them I may reside in Vrindavana.

Text Two

tarnam janur yatra vidhir yayacesad-bhakta-cudamanir uddhavo piviksyvaiva madhurya-dhuram tad asminmamastu vrindavana eva vasah

When Brahma and Uddhava, the crest jewels of devotees, saw the intense sweetness here, they begged to take birth here even as a blade of grass. For this reason I pray to reside in Vrindavana.

Text Three

kim te krtam hanta tapah ksititigopyo pi bhume stuvate sma kirtimyenaiva krishnanghri-padankite sminmamastu vrindavana eva vasah

Here the gopis glorified the earth, saying: " O Earth, what austerities have you done, so that your surface is now marked with Krishna's footprints? " May I reside in Vrindavana.

Text Four

gopangana-lampatataiva yatrayasyam rasah purnatamatvam apayato raso vai sa iti srutis tanmamastu vrindavana eva vasah

May I reside in Vrindavana where, because the Vedas say raso vai sah (The Supreme Personality of Godhead is sweetness), transcendental sweetness attained its highest perfection in the gopis' passionate love.

Text Five

bhandira-govardhana-rasa-pithaistri-simake yojana-pancakenamite vibhutvad amite pi casminmamastu vrindavana eva vasah

Although only five yojanas in circumference, bounded by Bhandiravana, Govardhana Hill and the rasa-dance arena, it is unlimited in transcendental opulence. May I reside in Vrindavana.

Text Six

yatradhipatyam vrsabhanu-putryayenodayet prema-sukham jananamyasmin mamasa balavat yato sminmamastu vrindavana eva vasah

Because Vrshabhanu's daughter is the queen, and because here the happiness of pure love of God rises, I yearn to live here. I pray: May I reside in Vrindavana.

Text Seven

yasmin maha-rasa-vilasa-lilana prapa yam srir api sa tapobhihtatrollasan-manju-nikunja-punjemamastu vrindavana eva vasah

Even by performing many austerities goddess Lakshmi could not enter the great rasa-dance pastime here. May I reside in the splendidly beautiful groves of Vrindavana.

Text Eight

sada ruru-nyanku-mukha visankamkhelanti kujanti pikali kirahsikhandino yatra natanti tasminmamastu vrindavana eva vasah

May I reside in Vrindavana, where the ruru and nyanku deer fearlessly play, the cuckoos, bumblebees, and parrots sing, and the peacocks dance.

Text Nine

vrindavanasyastakam etad uccaihpathanti ye niscala-buddhayas tevrindavanesanghri-saroja-sevamsaksat labhante januso 'nta eva

They who with great concentration read aloud this Vrindavanashtaka, at the end of this life attain direct service to the lotus feet of Vrindavana's master.

ChantHare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare and make your life Sublime !!!You Can Join Free Mobile SMS group in INDIA where you get Krsna Slokas, Bhagavat Gita Quotes, Srimad Bhagavatam Quotes.

Send a sms from your cell type JOIN NITAIGAURANGA to 567678

-- The Most Fallen Servant,Jagannath Das, alias Ranjan GhoshRADHA GIRIDHARI Temple,ISKCON Mira Road, Mumbai

In loving service to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami PrabhupadaFounder-Acharya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness