IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Glory of Love and Devotion of God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna

Attraction and repulsion for sense objects are felt by embodied beings, but one should not fall under the control of senses and sense objects because they are stumbling blocks on the path of self-realization. GITA 3:34

We are not attentive to attachment, attraction, fondness, passion, infatuation , that is taking place, but are more drawn towards the agitations of the mind. A very important aim regarding this issue is - "Indriyasye indriyasyaarthe raag dveshau vyavasthitou. " (Gita 3:34) Attachment inhabits in five places - Self, intellect, mind, senses and objects. Even in these five places, if we think more deeply and seriously, then we will come to the understanding that this attachment is situated in the "Self", and that same attachment in Self remains situated in all four (mind, intellect, senses, objects). If the attachment in the "Self" is wiped out, then we will attain supreme bliss. Even if the mind is volatile, but if we replace attachment to the world by devotion and love of God, then the business pertaining to attachment, will go out of business. Attraction for God, will put it to an end.

For one who worships Me, giving up all his activities unto Me and being devoted to Me without deviation, engaged in devotional service and always meditating upon Me, who has fixed his mind upon Me, O son of Prtha, for him I am the swift deliverer from the ocean of birth and death. GITA 6-7

There is great uncommon glory and importance of devotion and love of God. If we say that it's glories are greater than that of Knowledge (Jnana) or Moksha (release from rebirth in this world), then it will not be an exaggeration. No essence can excel it. This love and devotion has immense transcendental greatness and ranks extremely high. There is nothing greater than this essential element. Love is even greater than knowledge. Nothing else compares and nothing else comes close to it. The love and devotion of God, will set everything right. Now how to develop this love and devotion for God ? Love and devotion for God awakens, by removing (puttimg aside) attachment from the world. How to remove (put aside) attachment from this world ? By having love and devotion for God.One having love for God both things happen. Continually driving away of attachment and

continually increasing love of God. What should we do first? First increase love for God. Just as when one is reciting the Ramayana paath, if mind is engaged and is understanding the meaning of the paath, then the mind is greatly purified. Attachment goes away. On listening to God's Divine stories with love, the attachment, within is removed on it own and love is awakened. Within is filled with juicy and extraordinary relish. In the beginning, man can become bored but when one starts tasting and relishing the nectar, there man does not get tired or bored. It is filled with this astonishing and extraordinary pleasure - Love. Try reading the Ramayana paath and see for yourself. Engage your mind in it. Read the stories of devotees. There is immense gains in reading devotee's stories, because it penetrates the devotee's heart. When love penetrates the devotee's heart, then

attachment will vanish, desires will vansih. When attachment is gone, we will be greatly benefited. We will experience supremebliss. This can happen even through the process of inquiry (right thinking, contemplation) , but more useful than inquiry is love and devotion.