IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: How to become Indifferent from Worldly Impressions on the Mind

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna

Just like we believe that we have absolutely no relation with a dog's mind; similarly acknowledge that there is a no relation between us (Self, swayam) and our mind. The dog's mind and our minds are of the same nature and class (jaati). When the dog's mind is not ours, then this mind is also not ours. Mind is a part of nature and abides in nature i.e. inert (jada prakriti), whereas we (Self, swayam) are consciousness and God's very own part. Just like the worldly impressions left on a dog's mind have no effect on us similarly this mind too should make no difference to us (Self, swayam).The mind has a relationship with nature (prakriti) whereas we(self, soul, atma) have a relationship with God (Paramatma). We have assumed an affinity with the mind, and therefore now pain and sorrow are inevitable. Now, whatever we do with this mind / body, we will reap the fruits of it's good and bad deeds.

What ever be the thoughts that come into a dog's mind, what has it to do with us? Similarly, whatever comes to this mind, what has it to do with us(Self, swayam)? Our relationship is not with the body, sense organs, mind and intellect. Our relationship is only with God (Paramatma). Just to make us understand this Lord Shri Krishna says in the Gita "Mamaivaamso jivaloke jeevabhootah sanaatanah" (Gita 15:7). "In this world, the Self (Atma) becomes an embodied Soul (jeev), though being a part of My Eternal Self (Paramatma, Supreme Consciousness) ." If we understand this message, we will see a dramatic change in our outlook (vrittiyaan) and our spiritual accomplishments (saadhan).We understand our self to be "I am". In this the "I" is inert, whereas "am" is consciousness. It is only because of "I' the "am" exists. If "I" (ego) were removed then "am"

would become non-existent. All that would remain is "Is-ness" or existence (consciousness) . In the Gita, Lord has elaborated and said thatwhen an aspirant becomes "Nirmama-Nirahankar ah", that is when he becomes free from attachment, sense of mine-ness (nirmama) and free from egoism (nirahankarah) , then he attains "Brahmi sthitih" i.e. a state of God realized soul. (Gita 2:72).