IndiaDivine.org

What made Hindus angry in Karnataka .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dear Devotees ,

As the Devotees of Lord Krishna , vedic Sanantana Dharma is our life-air . "Dharma" means compliance of the Vedic Sastras . Any violation of it is "Adharma" . We the devotees of Lord Krishna can not remain as silent spectators , when foreign funded "Mlechas" ( anti-Vedic fanatics) are trying to destroy the Vedic religion as they have done to the Pagan religions in Europe . As always , Lord Krishna's devotees are coming to protection of Vedic Sanatana Dharma at this hour of crisis . Following is an article by the renowned western born Vedic scholar Sri. Francois Gautier .

What made Hindus angry in Karnataka

François Gautier

I was born in a Catholic family . My uncle was a Priest, a wonderful man of warmth and compassion and I spent most my early years in Catholic boarding schools. When I was young I wanted to become a missionary and to `convert' pagans in Asia. What I was taught by Catholic Priests was that Hindus worship false Gods and they needed to be brought back to the True Word by Jesus Christ.

Then of course, I came to India and discovered that actually Hindus, far from being the heathens, as had been portrayed in Europe, not only believed God's diversity, the wonderful concept of `Avatar'(Incarnation) , but had given refuge to all persecuted minorities of the world, whether the Syrian Christians, the Parsis, the Jews (India is the only country in the world where Jews were not persecuted), the Armenians, or today the Tibetans.

I am also aghast at the one-sided coverage by the Indian media of the Christian- Hindu problem : blasts after blasts have killed hundreds of innocent Hindus in Varanasi, Delhi, Mumbai train blasts, Jaipur, etc. Yet, neither Manmohan Singh nor Sonia Gandhi have pronounced once the word `Islamic terrorism.' But when furious Hindus, tired of being made fun of, of witnessing their brothers and sisters converted by financials traps, of seeing a 84-year-old Swami and his Mataji brutally murdered, of reading blasphemy about their Gods, vent their anger against churches, many of them makeshifts, the Indian government goes after the soft target which the Hindus are. The same thing applies to the United States : they never warned Muslim organisations in India about the killing of Hindus, but when dollars are used to buy new converts and it angers the majority community of India, Washington has the arrogance to issue a warning, and Manmohan Singh does not have the pride to tell the US to mind its own business.

Neither the Indian press nor the western correspondents bothered to write about what made Hindus angry in Karnataka : Newlife, one important western funded missionary centre ( http://www.newlifevoice.org), began making mass conversions in and around Mangalore by accosting poor people in market areas, or in bus stands, befriending them and then taking them to churches to introduce them to the "Father".

Upon introduction they were paid Rs 2,500 per person and then taken to the Velankanni shrine, in Tamil Nadu, where they would get another Rs. 3,000. When they finally converted to Christianity by changing the name, they got an incentive of Rs 10,000 onwards. Newlife would then give them instructions to abandon wearing tilak on forehead, not to visit and offer prayers at the Hindu temples, replacing the photos and idols of Hindu Gods and Goddesses with a Cross, etc.

But what really angered local Hindus was when Newlife went one step further and published a book in Kannada — Satya Darshini — which was widely distributed by its Missionaries. Here below is the translation of some of the most abusive passages :

-----------------------Quote ---------------------

"Urvashi — the daughter of Lord Vishnu — is a prostitute.

Vashistha is the son of this prostitute.

He in turn married his own Mother. Such a degraded person is the Guru of the Hindu God Rama. (page 48).

When Krishna himself is wallowing in darkness of hell, how can he enlighten others? Since Krishna himself is a shady character, there is a need for us to liberate his misled followers (page 50). It was Brahma himself who kidnapped Sita.

"Since Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva were themselves victims of lust, it is a sin to consider them as Gods. (page 39).

When the Trinity of Hinduism (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) are consumed by lust and anger, how can they liberate others? The projection of them as Gods is nothing but a joke. (page 39). God, please liberate the sinful people of India who are worshipping False Gods. (Page 39)."

----------------End of Quote-----------

When blasphemy and much worse is brought against the most sacred Hindu Gods, Hindus are supposed to take it meekly as sheep and let themselves be converted to a foreign religion ! There are more than 4,000 foreign Christian missionaries involved in conversion activities across different states.

In Tripura, there were no Christians at the time of independence. There are 1,20,000 today, a 90 per cent increase since 1991. The figures are even more striking in Arunachal Pradesh, where there were only 1,710 Christians in 1961, but 1.2 million today, as well as 780 churches ! In Andhra Pradesh, churches are coming up every day in far-flung villages and there was even an attempt to set up one near Tirupati .

Christians throughout the ages have strived on the concept of persecution and as a brought up Catholic, I remember feeling bad about all those martyred saints of Christianity. Christians in India like to say that they are only two per cent and can do no harm. But it is a sham: in the Tamil Nadu coastal belt from Chennai to Kanyakumari, there must be now 10 per cent Christians post-tsunami and the same may be true in other parts of south India.

My heart goes out to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa who took a courageous stand against unethical Christian conversions, but is now under pressure from the Centre Government . The BJP, having learnt from bitter experience that the Congress has no qualm in invoking President's rule under fallacious pretexts in states which are ruled by non-Congress governments is in a quandary : it must show some action against militant Hindu groups while remaining true to itself.

This is why Yeddyurappa took some action against Hindu groups while saying that his government will not tolerate forcible conversions and will take stringent action against missionaries involved in conversions.

And ultimately, the blame must fall on Hindus : they are 800 million in India, the overwhelming majority; they have the brains, they have the money and they have the power. But either their intellectual and political class sides with the minorities, out of fear, inferiority complex imbedded by the British or just sheer crass political opportunism, or the bigger mass is indifferent inert, selfish, un-civic conscious. Every Hindu is the inheritor of the only surviving spiritual knowledge which at the moment is under a concerted attack by Christian missionaries, Americanisation, Marxism and Islamic fundamentalism.

fgautier

Hare Krishna.

Dear Sri. Das,

Thanks for circulating the information. I had read this article in

Indian Express and had discussed with only those around me. You

have done a good job in circulating this among Krishna Bhaktas. Let

there be awareness of what is going on around us.

Regards

Ravindranath

, " narayana_das77 "

<narayana_das77 wrote:

>

>

> Hare Krishna ! Dear Devotees ,

>

> As the Devotees of Lord Krishna , vedic Sanantana Dharma is our

life-air

> . " Dharma " means compliance of the Vedic Sastras . Any

> violation of it is " Adharma " . We the devotees of Lord Krishna

> can not remain as silent spectators , when foreign funded

> " Mlechas " ( anti-Vedic fanatics) are trying to destroy the Vedic

> religion as they have done to the Pagan religions in Europe . As

always

> , Lord Krishna's devotees are coming to protection of Vedic

Sanatana

> Dharma at this hour of crisis . Following is an article by the

renowned

> western born Vedic scholar Sri. Francois Gautier .

>

> What made Hindus angry in Karnataka

>

> François Gautier

> <http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/searchresult.aspx?

AliasName=9Sz/qRu/\

> YvAhRnVbCZ/zGymsmOnOa/2e>

>

> I was born in a Catholic family . My uncle was a Priest, a

wonderful man

> of warmth and compassion and I spent most my early years in

Catholic

> boarding schools. When I was young I wanted to become a missionary

and

> to `convert' pagans in Asia. What I was taught by Catholic

> Priests was that Hindus worship false Gods and they needed to be

brought

> back to the True Word by Jesus Christ.

>

> Then of course, I came to India and discovered that actually

Hindus, far

> from being the heathens, as had been portrayed in Europe, not only

> believed God's diversity, the wonderful concept of

> `Avatar'(Incarnation) , but had given refuge to all persecuted

> minorities of the world, whether the Syrian Christians, the

Parsis, the

> Jews (India is the only country in the world where Jews were not

> persecuted), the Armenians, or today the Tibetans.

>

> I am also aghast at the one-sided coverage by the Indian media of

the

> Christian- Hindu problem : blasts after blasts have killed

hundreds of

> innocent Hindus in Varanasi, Delhi, Mumbai train blasts, Jaipur,

etc.

> Yet, neither Manmohan Singh nor Sonia Gandhi have pronounced once

the

> word `Islamic terrorism.' But when furious Hindus, tired of

> being made fun of, of witnessing their brothers and sisters

converted by

> financials traps, of seeing a 84-year-old Swami and his Mataji

brutally

> murdered, of reading blasphemy about their Gods, vent their anger

> against churches, many of them makeshifts, the Indian government

goes

> after the soft target which the Hindus are. The same thing applies

to

> the United States : they never warned Muslim organisations in India

> about the killing of Hindus, but when dollars are used to buy new

> converts and it angers the majority community of India, Washington

has

> the arrogance to issue a warning, and Manmohan Singh does not have

the

> pride to tell the US to mind its own business.

>

> Neither the Indian press nor the western correspondents bothered to

> write about what made Hindus angry in Karnataka : Newlife, one

important

> western funded missionary centre ( http://www.newlifevoice.org),

began

> making mass conversions in and around Mangalore by accosting poor

people

> in market areas, or in bus stands, befriending them and then

taking them

> to churches to introduce them to the " Father " .

>

> Upon introduction they were paid Rs 2,500 per person and then

taken to

> the Velankanni shrine, in Tamil Nadu, where they would get another

Rs.

> 3,000. When they finally converted to Christianity by changing the

name,

> they got an incentive of Rs 10,000 onwards. Newlife would then

give them

> instructions to abandon wearing tilak on forehead, not to visit and

> offer prayers at the Hindu temples, replacing the photos and idols

of

> Hindu Gods and Goddesses with a Cross, etc.

>

> But what really angered local Hindus was when Newlife went one step

> further and published a book in Kannada — Satya Darshini — which

> was widely distributed by its Missionaries. Here below is the

> translation of some of the most abusive passages :

>

> -----------------------Quote ---------------------

>

> " Urvashi — the daughter of Lord Vishnu — is a prostitute.

>

> Vashistha is the son of this prostitute.

>

> He in turn married his own Mother. Such a degraded person is the

Guru of

> the Hindu God Rama. (page 48).

>

> When Krishna himself is wallowing in darkness of hell, how can he

> enlighten others? Since Krishna himself is a shady character,

there is a

> need for us to liberate his misled followers (page 50). It was

Brahma

> himself who kidnapped Sita.

>

> " Since Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva were themselves victims of lust, it

> is a sin to consider them as Gods. (page 39).

>

>

>

> When the Trinity of Hinduism (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) are

consumed by

> lust and anger, how can they liberate others? The projection of

them as

> Gods is nothing but a joke. (page 39). God, please liberate the

sinful

> people of India who are worshipping False Gods. (Page 39). "

>

>

>

> ----------------End of Quote-----------

>

> When blasphemy and much worse is brought against the most sacred

Hindu

> Gods, Hindus are supposed to take it meekly as sheep and let

themselves

> be converted to a foreign religion ! There are more than 4,000

foreign

> Christian missionaries involved in conversion activities across

> different states.

>

> In Tripura, there were no Christians at the time of independence.

There

> are 1,20,000 today, a 90 per cent increase since 1991. The figures

are

> even more striking in Arunachal Pradesh, where there were only

> Christians in 1961, but 1.2 million today, as well as 780

churches ! In

> Andhra Pradesh, churches are coming up every day in far-flung

villages

> and there was even an attempt to set up one near Tirupati .

>

> Christians throughout the ages have strived on the concept of

> persecution and as a brought up Catholic, I remember feeling bad

about

> all those martyred saints of Christianity. Christians in India

like to

> say that they are only two per cent and can do no harm. But it is a

> sham: in the Tamil Nadu coastal belt from Chennai to Kanyakumari,

there

> must be now 10 per cent Christians post-tsunami and the same may

be true

> in other parts of south India.

>

> My heart goes out to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa who

took a

> courageous stand against unethical Christian conversions, but is

now

> under pressure from the Centre Government . The BJP, having learnt

from

> bitter experience that the Congress has no qualm in invoking

> President's rule under fallacious pretexts in states which are

ruled

> by non-Congress governments is in a quandary : it must show some

action

> against militant Hindu groups while remaining true to itself.

>

> This is why Yeddyurappa took some action against Hindu groups while

> saying that his government will not tolerate forcible conversions

and

> will take stringent action against missionaries involved in

conversions.

>

> And ultimately, the blame must fall on Hindus : they are 800

million in

> India, the overwhelming majority; they have the brains, they have

the

> money and they have the power. But either their intellectual and

> political class sides with the minorities, out of fear, inferiority

> complex imbedded by the British or just sheer crass political

> opportunism, or the bigger mass is indifferent inert, selfish, un-

civic

> conscious. Every Hindu is the inheritor of the only surviving

spiritual

> knowledge which at the moment is under a concerted attack by

Christian

> missionaries, Americanisation, Marxism and Islamic fundamentalism.

>

> fgautier

>

Dear Moderator,

I request you, please contact the top level Hare Krishna Authorities and start bringing our poor Hindus back from Christianity. Let’s collect money and use it to file court cases against the people who are involved in conversion by paying money. Take all other Hindu organization in confidence to do so. We all know who is supporting these missionaries. Today we have a foreign rule in India.

We can also start sponsor a child program by donating dollar a day. This will not just help the child, but will help entire family of that child. If we have such program already existing please give us information about it.

Hare Krishna!

--- On Tue, 10/14/08, K R Ravindranath <ravindranath_kr wrote:

K R Ravindranath <ravindranath_kr Re: What made Hindus angry in Karnataka . Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 6:41 AM

Hare Krishna.Dear Sri. Das,Thanks for circulating the information. I had read this article in Indian Express and had discussed with only those around me. You have done a good job in circulating this among Krishna Bhaktas. Let there be awareness of what is going on around us.RegardsRavindranath, "narayana_das77" <narayana_das77@ ...> wrote:>> > Hare Krishna ! Dear Devotees ,> > As the Devotees of Lord Krishna , vedic Sanantana Dharma is our life-air> . "Dharma" means compliance of the Vedic Sastras . Any> violation of it is "Adharma" . We the devotees of Lord Krishna> can not remain as silent spectators , when foreign funded> "Mlechas" ( anti-Vedic fanatics) are trying to destroy the Vedic> religion as

they have done to the Pagan religions in Europe . As always> , Lord Krishna's devotees are coming to protection of Vedic Sanatana> Dharma at this hour of crisis . Following is an article by the renowned> western born Vedic scholar Sri. Francois Gautier .> > What made Hindus angry in Karnataka> > François Gautier> <http://www.expressb uzz.com/edition/ searchresult. aspx?AliasName=9Sz/ qRu/\> YvAhRnVbCZ/zGymsmOn Oa/2e>> > I was born in a Catholic family . My uncle was a Priest, a wonderful man> of warmth and compassion and I spent most my early years in Catholic> boarding schools. When I was young I wanted to become a missionary and> to `convert' pagans in Asia. What I was taught by Catholic> Priests was that Hindus worship

false Gods and they needed to be brought> back to the True Word by Jesus Christ.> > Then of course, I came to India and discovered that actually Hindus, far> from being the heathens, as had been portrayed in Europe, not only> believed God's diversity, the wonderful concept of> `Avatar'(Incarnatio n) , but had given refuge to all persecuted> minorities of the world, whether the Syrian Christians, the Parsis, the> Jews (India is the only country in the world where Jews were not> persecuted), the Armenians, or today the Tibetans.> > I am also aghast at the one-sided coverage by the Indian media of the> Christian- Hindu problem : blasts after blasts have killed hundreds of> innocent Hindus in Varanasi, Delhi, Mumbai train blasts, Jaipur, etc.> Yet, neither Manmohan Singh nor Sonia Gandhi have pronounced once the> word `Islamic

terrorism.' But when furious Hindus, tired of> being made fun of, of witnessing their brothers and sisters converted by> financials traps, of seeing a 84-year-old Swami and his Mataji brutally> murdered, of reading blasphemy about their Gods, vent their anger> against churches, many of them makeshifts, the Indian government goes> after the soft target which the Hindus are. The same thing applies to> the United States : they never warned Muslim organisations in India> about the killing of Hindus, but when dollars are used to buy new> converts and it angers the majority community of India, Washington has> the arrogance to issue a warning, and Manmohan Singh does not have the> pride to tell the US to mind its own business.> > Neither the Indian press nor the western correspondents bothered to> write about what made Hindus angry in Karnataka :

Newlife, one important> western funded missionary centre ( http://www.newlifev oice.org), began> making mass conversions in and around Mangalore by accosting poor people> in market areas, or in bus stands, befriending them and then taking them> to churches to introduce them to the "Father".> > Upon introduction they were paid Rs 2,500 per person and then taken to> the Velankanni shrine, in Tamil Nadu, where they would get another Rs.> 3,000. When they finally converted to Christianity by changing the name,> they got an incentive of Rs 10,000 onwards. Newlife would then give them> instructions to abandon wearing tilak on forehead, not to visit and> offer prayers at the Hindu temples, replacing the photos and idols of> Hindu Gods and Goddesses with a Cross,

etc.> > But what really angered local Hindus was when Newlife went one step> further and published a book in Kannada — Satya Darshini — which> was widely distributed by its Missionaries. Here below is the> translation of some of the most abusive passages :> > ------------ --------- --Quote ------------ ---------> > "Urvashi — the daughter of Lord Vishnu — is a prostitute.> > Vashistha is the son of this prostitute.> > He in turn married his own Mother. Such a degraded person is the Guru of> the Hindu God Rama. (page 48).> > When Krishna himself is wallowing in darkness of hell, how can he> enlighten others? Since Krishna himself is a shady character, there is a> need for us to liberate his misled followers (page 50). It was Brahma> himself who kidnapped Sita.> > "Since Brahma, Vishnu and

Shiva were themselves victims of lust, it> is a sin to consider them as Gods. (page 39).> > > > When the Trinity of Hinduism (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) are consumed by> lust and anger, how can they liberate others? The projection of them as> Gods is nothing but a joke. (page 39). God, please liberate the sinful> people of India who are worshipping False Gods. (Page 39)."> > > > ------------ ----End of Quote------- ----> > When blasphemy and much worse is brought against the most sacred Hindu> Gods, Hindus are supposed to take it meekly as sheep and let themselves> be converted to a foreign religion ! There are more than 4,000 foreign> Christian missionaries involved in conversion activities across> different states.> > In Tripura, there were no Christians at the time of independence.

There> are 1,20,000 today, a 90 per cent increase since 1991. The figures are> even more striking in Arunachal Pradesh, where there were only 1,710> Christians in 1961, but 1.2 million today, as well as 780 churches ! In> Andhra Pradesh, churches are coming up every day in far-flung villages> and there was even an attempt to set up one near Tirupati .> > Christians throughout the ages have strived on the concept of> persecution and as a brought up Catholic, I remember feeling bad about> all those martyred saints of Christianity. Christians in India like to> say that they are only two per cent and can do no harm. But it is a> sham: in the Tamil Nadu coastal belt from Chennai to Kanyakumari, there> must be now 10 per cent Christians post-tsunami and the same may be true> in other parts of south India.> > My heart

goes out to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa who took a> courageous stand against unethical Christian conversions, but is now> under pressure from the Centre Government . The BJP, having learnt from> bitter experience that the Congress has no qualm in invoking> President's rule under fallacious pretexts in states which are ruled> by non-Congress governments is in a quandary : it must show some action> against militant Hindu groups while remaining true to itself.> > This is why Yeddyurappa took some action against Hindu groups while> saying that his government will not tolerate forcible conversions and> will take stringent action against missionaries involved in conversions.> > And ultimately, the blame must fall on Hindus : they are 800 million in> India, the overwhelming majority; they have the brains, they have

the> money and they have the power. But either their intellectual and> political class sides with the minorities, out of fear, inferiority> complex imbedded by the British or just sheer crass political> opportunism, or the bigger mass is indifferent inert, selfish, un-civic> conscious. Every Hindu is the inheritor of the only surviving spiritual> knowledge which at the moment is under a concerted attack by Christian> missionaries, Americanisation, Marxism and Islamic fundamentalism.> > fgautier

Dear moderator,

I fully support views of joshi ji.

Unless we are not strong from grass root level this will remain religon of just minority and will get eroded.

Apart from imparting knowledge we have to think how to preserve this dharma.

Can we not do something like world vision donate a dollar and give to child for schooling ,thats what these christians have been doing.

I think we should be proactive and all organisations of hindus should come under one umbrella and think how to spread and preserve dharma.

regards

shubra--- On Thu, 10/16/08, gajanan joshi <gajanan_j wrote:

gajanan joshi <gajanan_jRe: Re: What made Hindus angry in Karnataka . Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 10:33 AM

Dear Moderator,

I request you, please contact the top level Hare Krishna Authorities and start bringing our poor Hindus back from Christianity. Let’s collect money and use it to file court cases against the people who are involved in conversion by paying money. Take all other Hindu organization in confidence to do so. We all know who is supporting these missionaries. Today we have a foreign rule in India .

We can also start sponsor a child program by donating dollar a day. This will not just help the child, but will help entire family of that child. If we have such program already existing please give us information about it.

Hare Krishna!

--- On Tue, 10/14/08, K R Ravindranath <ravindranath_ kr > wrote:

K R Ravindranath <ravindranath_ kr > Re: What made Hindus angry in Karnataka .Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 6:41 AM

Hare Krishna.Dear Sri. Das,Thanks for circulating the information. I had read this article in Indian Express and had discussed with only those around me. You have done a good job in circulating this among Krishna Bhaktas. Let there be awareness of what is going on around us.RegardsRavindranath, "narayana_das77" <narayana_das77@ ...> wrote:>> > Hare Krishna ! Dear Devotees ,> > As the Devotees of Lord Krishna , vedic Sanantana Dharma is our life-air> . "Dharma" means compliance of the Vedic Sastras . Any> violation of it is "Adharma" . We the devotees of Lord Krishna> can not remain as silent spectators , when foreign funded> "Mlechas" ( anti-Vedic fanatics) are trying to destroy the Vedic> religion as

they have done to the Pagan religions in Europe . As always> , Lord Krishna's devotees are coming to protection of Vedic Sanatana> Dharma at this hour of crisis . Following is an article by the renowned> western born Vedic scholar Sri. Francois Gautier .> > What made Hindus angry in Karnataka> > François Gautier> <http://www.expressb uzz.com/edition/ searchresult. aspx?AliasName=9Sz/ qRu/\> YvAhRnVbCZ/zGymsmOn Oa/2e>> > I was born in a Catholic family . My uncle was a Priest, a wonderful man> of warmth and compassion and I spent most my early years in Catholic> boarding schools. When I was young I wanted to become a missionary and> to `convert' pagans in Asia. What I was taught by Catholic> Priests was that Hindus worship

false Gods and they needed to be brought> back to the True Word by Jesus Christ.> > Then of course, I came to India and discovered that actually Hindus, far> from being the heathens, as had been portrayed in Europe, not only> believed God's diversity, the wonderful concept of> `Avatar'(Incarnatio n) , but had given refuge to all persecuted> minorities of the world, whether the Syrian Christians, the Parsis, the> Jews (India is the only country in the world where Jews were not> persecuted), the Armenians, or today the Tibetans.> > I am also aghast at the one-sided coverage by the Indian media of the> Christian- Hindu problem : blasts after blasts have killed hundreds of> innocent Hindus in Varanasi, Delhi, Mumbai train blasts, Jaipur, etc.> Yet, neither Manmohan Singh nor Sonia Gandhi have pronounced once the> word `Islamic

terrorism.' But when furious Hindus, tired of> being made fun of, of witnessing their brothers and sisters converted by> financials traps, of seeing a 84-year-old Swami and his Mataji brutally> murdered, of reading blasphemy about their Gods, vent their anger> against churches, many of them makeshifts, the Indian government goes> after the soft target which the Hindus are. The same thing applies to> the United States : they never warned Muslim organisations in India> about the killing of Hindus, but when dollars are used to buy new> converts and it angers the majority community of India, Washington has> the arrogance to issue a warning, and Manmohan Singh does not have the> pride to tell the US to mind its own business.> > Neither the Indian press nor the western correspondents bothered to> write about what made Hindus angry in Karnataka :

Newlife, one important> western funded missionary centre ( http://www.newlifev oice.org), began> making mass conversions in and around Mangalore by accosting poor people> in market areas, or in bus stands, befriending them and then taking them> to churches to introduce them to the "Father".> > Upon introduction they were paid Rs 2,500 per person and then taken to> the Velankanni shrine, in Tamil Nadu, where they would get another Rs.> 3,000. When they finally converted to Christianity by changing the name,> they got an incentive of Rs 10,000 onwards. Newlife would then give them> instructions to abandon wearing tilak on forehead, not to visit and> offer prayers at the Hindu temples, replacing the photos and idols of> Hindu Gods and Goddesses with a Cross,

etc.> > But what really angered local Hindus was when Newlife went one step> further and published a book in Kannada — Satya Darshini — which> was widely distributed by its Missionaries. Here below is the> translation of some of the most abusive passages :> > ------------ --------- --Quote ------------ ---------> > "Urvashi — the daughter of Lord Vishnu — is a prostitute.> > Vashistha is the son of this prostitute.> > He in turn married his own Mother. Such a degraded person is the Guru of> the Hindu God Rama. (page 48).> > When Krishna himself is wallowing in darkness of hell, how can he> enlighten others? Since Krishna himself is a shady character, there is a> need for us to liberate his misled followers (page 50). It was Brahma> himself who kidnapped Sita.> > "Since Brahma, Vishnu and

Shiva were themselves victims of lust, it> is a sin to consider them as Gods. (page 39).> > > > When the Trinity of Hinduism (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) are consumed by> lust and anger, how can they liberate others? The projection of them as> Gods is nothing but a joke. (page 39). God, please liberate the sinful> people of India who are worshipping False Gods. (Page 39)."> > > > ------------ ----End of Quote------- ----> > When blasphemy and much worse is brought against the most sacred Hindu> Gods, Hindus are supposed to take it meekly as sheep and let themselves> be converted to a foreign religion ! There are more than 4,000 foreign> Christian missionaries involved in conversion activities across> different states.> > In Tripura, there were no Christians at the time of independence.

There> are 1,20,000 today, a 90 per cent increase since 1991. The figures are> even more striking in Arunachal Pradesh, where there were only 1,710> Christians in 1961, but 1.2 million today, as well as 780 churches ! In> Andhra Pradesh, churches are coming up every day in far-flung villages> and there was even an attempt to set up one near Tirupati .> > Christians throughout the ages have strived on the concept of> persecution and as a brought up Catholic, I remember feeling bad about> all those martyred saints of Christianity. Christians in India like to> say that they are only two per cent and can do no harm. But it is a> sham: in the Tamil Nadu coastal belt from Chennai to Kanyakumari, there> must be now 10 per cent Christians post-tsunami and the same may be true> in other parts of south India.> > My heart

goes out to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa who took a> courageous stand against unethical Christian conversions, but is now> under pressure from the Centre Government . The BJP, having learnt from> bitter experience that the Congress has no qualm in invoking> President's rule under fallacious pretexts in states which are ruled> by non-Congress governments is in a quandary : it must show some action> against militant Hindu groups while remaining true to itself.> > This is why Yeddyurappa took some action against Hindu groups while> saying that his government will not tolerate forcible conversions and> will take stringent action against missionaries involved in conversions.> > And ultimately, the blame must fall on Hindus : they are 800 million in> India, the overwhelming majority; they have the brains, they have

the> money and they have the power. But either their intellectual and> political class sides with the minorities, out of fear, inferiority> complex imbedded by the British or just sheer crass political> opportunism, or the bigger mass is indifferent inert, selfish, un-civic> conscious. Every Hindu is the inheritor of the only surviving spiritual> knowledge which at the moment is under a concerted attack by Christian> missionaries, Americanisation, Marxism and Islamic fundamentalism.> > fgautier

Dear moderator,

The following article explains how Hindus are being attacked for centuries…..

Hare Krishna

Conversion: Looking back to the pastBy MV Kamath

No decent Hindu would ever harm or damage any church or masjid, that they have a glorious record of tolerance in this regard and any effort by minority leaders to damage Hindu reputation would be unacceptable. It is in this connection that one is forced to look back into history and examine the role of the Catholic Church in centuries past.

There are times in the history of the world when all life seems still and there is peace in the land. Then, all of a sudden, life seems to be exploding all around making one wonder what it is all about. Presently, at least in India, tectonic changes seen to be occurring in the religious field, with Islamic terrorists under various guises spreading terror with serial bombing in Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Delhi, and supposed Hindu fundamentalists attacking churches in Orissa and Karnataka. Charges and counter-charges are flying thick and fast and Hindus in general are being loaded with an immense sense of guilt. Being ashamed of dishonorable acts is an essential part of the Hindu psyche and the pain is furthere deepened not only by minority leaders but also by so-called ‘secularists’ ignorant of history. It is against this background that one must demand a White Paper on the role of missionaries in India. Parliament

must demand information on the number of Christian missionaries functioning in India, the number of churches that have sprung up in every state, especially in tribal and other backward regions and the amount of money received from abroad by missionary organisations in the last quarter of a century. A full account should be submitted by the central government and each state on the number of schools, clinics, hospitals etc raised throughout the country and the number of conversions—if any—that have taken place. Meanwhile, Church leaders should be told in clear terms that no decent Hindu would ever harm or damage any church or masjid, that they have a glorious record of tolerance in this regard and any effort by minority leaders to damage Hindu reputation would be unacceptable. It is in this connection that one is forced to look back into history and examine the role of the Catholic Church in centuries past. This is not the place to recollect

that Vasco da Gama, a brute if their ever was one, did when he landed in Calicut and became the first Christian terrorist. That is another beastly story. The Portuguese established their presence in Goa in 1510. By 1543 they were able to extend their control over Salcette, Marmagoa and Bardez. Within decades they had occupied many parts of the west coast. According to their own records. Fransiscan friars destroyed 300 Hindu temples in Bardez and Jesuits destroyed 280 in Salcette. In all 601 temples in 131 villages were destroyed. St Xavier, after whom many schools and colleges are named in India, came to the country with the firm resolve to uproot ‘paganism’. He wrote back home: “As soon as I arrived in any heathen village, when all are baptized, I order all the temples of their false gods to be destroyed and all the idols to the broken into pieces. I can give you no idea of the joy I feel in seeing this done”. According to a

Christian historian, Dr T.F.de Souza (Portuguese Studies, Vol. 19 No. 1, pp 205-212, Modern Humanities Research Association) “at least from 1540 onwards and in the island of Goa before that year, all the Hindu idols had been annihilated or had disappeared, all the temples had been destroyed and their sites and building material was in most cases utilised to erect new Christian churches and chapels. Various Vicergal and Church Council decrees banished the Hindu priests from the Portuguese territories. The public practice of Hindu rites, including marriage rites, were banned”. There is more of the same. Mass baptisms were held. Hindus innocently walking down the streets would be seized, their lips would besmeared with a piece of beef that would turn them automatically into “untouchables”, thereafter to be converted to Christianity. To make matters worse, the Catholic Church in Goa took resort to Inquisition which lasted from 1560 to 1812

with a short break when Hindus would be caught, brutally interrogated, flogged and slowly dismembered in front of their relatives. Eyelids would be sliced off and extremities would be amputated carefully. The record of what happened during two centuries and a half of murderous Inquisition needs to be opened up for public consumption. So also should the story be recounted on how Hindus were treated as worse than animals. According to the rules laid down by the Roman Catholic Church, the instruments for Hindu songs shall not be played on a day prior to a wedding, rice must not be husked, spices must not be pounded, grains must not be ground, ceremonial meals must not be served for the peace of the dead, there should not be any fasting on Ekaadashi day, no rituals should be performed on the twelfth day after a person’s death etc. etc. It is a long list. There were orders not to plant the tulsi in the house compounds and Goa is the only place in

all of India where a cross is planted in the designated place meant for the tulsi. An order was issued in June 1684 criminating Konkani language from every day life with insistence that all communication be done in Portuguese. The law provided for dealing toughly with anyone using their mother tongue. So vicious was the order imposed that many Hindus, converted to Roman Catholicity felt it unbearable to live in Goa and went down south as far as Mangalore and beyond. To this day the Catholics are proud of their mother tongues. The then Archbishop living on the banks of the Ethora described the post of the Inquiry Commission in Goa as “holy”, thus giving a religious imprint on terrorism. The women who opposed the assistants of the Commission were put behind bars and were used by them to satisfy their animal instincts. Then they were burnt alive, as opponents of the established tenets of the Catholic Church, no doubt in full knowledge

of the Pope. Those Hindus—especially the Gowd Saraswat Brahmins who had to leave Goa bag and baggage, taking with them their family gods—and their descendants remembered the past as they do even at the present times. There is much more to the terrorism practiced in Goa of the most indescribable kind than is stated here but can be accessed in the most dependable documents of the period. It was largely thanks to the British that the Portuguese missionaries in Goa ended the Inquisition. The British were more sophisticated in their encouragement of the Christian Church to indulge in conversion, especially of tribal in the north east, soft targets to say the least. This does not justify the current attacks on churches which desecration deserves to be condemned in the strongest terms. But sometimes it becomes necessary to remember the past in order to understand the present. History and historical studies have their relevance in broadening our

vision and help shape positive action. Desecration of any place of worship is an act of barbarism even as is insulting Hindu gods and Hinduism that is routine among evangelists.

--- On Tue, 10/14/08, narayana_das77 <narayana_das77 wrote:

narayana_das77 <narayana_das77 What made Hindus angry in Karnataka . Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 2:32 AM

Hare Krishna ! Dear Devotees ,

As the Devotees of Lord Krishna , vedic Sanantana Dharma is our life-air . "Dharma" means compliance of the Vedic Sastras . Any violation of it is "Adharma" . We the devotees of Lord Krishna can not remain as silent spectators , when foreign funded "Mlechas" ( anti-Vedic fanatics) are trying to destroy the Vedic religion as they have done to the Pagan religions in Europe . As always , Lord Krishna's devotees are coming to protection of Vedic Sanatana Dharma at this hour of crisis . Following is an article by the renowned western born Vedic scholar Sri. Francois Gautier .

What made Hindus angry in Karnataka

François Gautier

I was born in a Catholic family . My uncle was a Priest, a wonderful man of warmth and compassion and I spent most my early years in Catholic boarding schools. When I was young I wanted to become a missionary and to `convert' pagans in Asia. What I was taught by Catholic Priests was that Hindus worship false Gods and they needed to be brought back to the True Word by Jesus Christ.

Then of course, I came to India and discovered that actually Hindus, far from being the heathens, as had been portrayed in Europe, not only believed God's diversity, the wonderful concept of `Avatar'(Incarnatio n) , but had given refuge to all persecuted minorities of the world, whether the Syrian Christians, the Parsis, the Jews (India is the only country in the world where Jews were not persecuted), the Armenians, or today the Tibetans.

I am also aghast at the one-sided coverage by the Indian media of the Christian- Hindu problem : blasts after blasts have killed hundreds of innocent Hindus in Varanasi , Delhi , Mumbai train blasts, Jaipur, etc. Yet, neither Manmohan Singh nor Sonia Gandhi have pronounced once the word `Islamic terrorism.' But when furious Hindus, tired of being made fun of, of witnessing their brothers and sisters converted by financials traps, of seeing a 84-year-old Swami and his Mataji brutally murdered, of reading blasphemy about their Gods, vent their anger against churches, many of them makeshifts, the Indian government goes after the soft target which the Hindus are. The same thing applies to the United States : they never warned Muslim organisations

in India about the killing of Hindus, but when dollars are used to buy new converts and it angers the majority community of India, Washington has the arrogance to issue a warning, and Manmohan Singh does not have the pride to tell the US to mind its own business.

Neither the Indian press nor the western correspondents bothered to write about what made Hindus angry in Karnataka : Newlife, one important western funded missionary centre ( http://www.newlifev oice.org) , began making mass conversions in and around Mangalore by accosting poor people in market areas, or in bus stands, befriending them and then taking them to churches to introduce them to the "Father".

Upon introduction they were paid Rs 2,500 per person and then taken to the Velankanni shrine, in Tamil Nadu, where they would get another Rs. 3,000. When they finally converted to Christianity by changing the name, they got an incentive of Rs 10,000 onwards. Newlife would then give them instructions to abandon wearing tilak on forehead, not to visit and offer prayers at the Hindu temples, replacing the photos and idols of Hindu Gods and Goddesses with a Cross, etc.

But what really angered local Hindus was when Newlife went one step further and published a book in Kannada — Satya Darshini — which was widely distributed by its Missionaries. Here below is the translation of some of the most abusive passages :

------------ --------- --Quote ------------ ---------

"Urvashi — the daughter of Lord Vishnu — is a prostitute.

Vashistha is the son of this prostitute.

He in turn married his own Mother. Such a degraded person is the Guru of the Hindu God Rama. (page 48).

When Krishna himself is wallowing in darkness of hell, how can he enlighten others? Since Krishna himself is a shady character, there is a need for us to liberate his misled followers (page 50). It was Brahma himself who kidnapped Sita.

"Since Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva were themselves victims of lust, it is a sin to consider them as Gods. (page 39).

When the Trinity of Hinduism (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) are consumed by lust and anger, how can they liberate others? The projection of them as Gods is nothing but a joke. (page 39). God, please liberate the sinful people of India who are worshipping False Gods. (Page 39)."

------------ ----End of Quote-----------

When blasphemy and much worse is brought against the most sacred Hindu Gods, Hindus are supposed to take it meekly as sheep and let themselves be converted to a foreign religion ! There are more than 4,000 foreign Christian missionaries involved in conversion activities across different states.

In Tripura, there were no Christians at the time of independence. There are 1,20,000 today, a 90 per cent increase since 1991. The figures are even more striking in Arunachal Pradesh, where there were only 1,710 Christians in 1961, but 1.2 million today, as well as 780 churches ! In Andhra Pradesh, churches are coming up every day in far-flung villages and there was even an attempt to set up one near Tirupati .

Christians throughout the ages have strived on the concept of persecution and as a brought up Catholic, I remember feeling bad about all those martyred saints of Christianity. Christians in India like to say that they are only two per cent and can do no harm. But it is a sham: in the Tamil Nadu coastal belt from Chennai to Kanyakumari, there must be now 10 per cent Christians post-tsunami and the same may be true in other parts of south India.

My heart goes out to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa who took a courageous stand against unethical Christian conversions, but is now under pressure from the Centre Government . The BJP, having learnt from bitter experience that the Congress has no qualm in invoking President's rule under fallacious pretexts in states which are ruled by non-Congress governments is in a quandary : it must show some action against militant Hindu groups while remaining true to itself.

This is why Yeddyurappa took some action against Hindu groups while saying that his government will not tolerate forcible conversions and will take stringent action against missionaries involved in conversions.

And ultimately, the blame must fall on Hindus : they are 800 million in India , the overwhelming majority; they have the brains, they have the money and they have the power. But either their intellectual and political class sides with the minorities, out of fear, inferiority complex imbedded by the British or just sheer crass political opportunism, or the bigger mass is indifferent inert, selfish, un-civic conscious. Every Hindu is the inheritor of the only surviving spiritual knowledge which at the moment is under a concerted attack by Christian missionaries, Americanisation, Marxism and Islamic fundamentalism.

fgautier@rediffmail .com