IndiaDivine.org

hare krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hare krishna,

i just wanted to post a message to at least offer something to say as

a krishna devotee. reading my bhagavad-gita and chanting on my japa-

beads some, sometimes chant nama-japam without japa-beads.

there was a book i read as a teenager, a fictional novel about

gaudiya vaishnava hindusim which first exposed me to krishna

conscious hinduism. the name is this fictional novel is titled: " the

city of nine gates " .

wish i knew the author who wrote this novel, because if i read it

today as a young adult, i would appreciate it more, being able to

pick out elements of the story in how it relates to my krishna

conscious hinduism. my very first bhagavad-gita translation was a

small paperback edition, published by penguin book publishers.

read it some and found it to be a source of wisdom to guide my daily

life. nowadays, i use the prabhupada and eknath easwaran translations

of the gita. this was my first exposure to krishna conscious

spirituality, way before i personally knew krishna later as a 22 year

old back in the late summer of 2005.

if i can find out and know who the author is of " the city of nine

gates " , i will certainly share this with you and see if i can get a

softcover version of this fictional novel. have a great night and

hare krishna to all of you devotee god-brothers and devotee god-

sisters in krishna.

yours in faith,

roger j. perry

Dear Bhakta Perry,

If you go to the www.amazon.com website and search for the city of nine gates, you will get the following:

City of Nine Gates by Zebulon Dread (Paperback - 1999)

2 Used & new from $17.95

I do not know if it will still be available, but it is worth a try.

Haribol.

Your servant in Krishna Consciousness,Braja Hari das

Bharat Kapadia (Remember God lest God forgets you!)--- On Sun, 11/2/08, Yochanan Perry <muhammad2cool4u wrote:

Yochanan Perry <muhammad2cool4u hare krishna Date: Sunday, November 2, 2008, 1:40 PM

hare krishna,i just wanted to post a message to at least offer something to say as a krishna devotee. reading my bhagavad-gita and chanting on my japa-beads some, sometimes chant nama-japam without japa-beads. there was a book i read as a teenager, a fictional novel about gaudiya vaishnava hindusim which first exposed me to krishna conscious hinduism. the name is this fictional novel is titled: "the city of nine gates". wish i knew the author who wrote this novel, because if i read it today as a young adult, i would appreciate it more, being able to pick out elements of the story in how it relates to my krishna conscious hinduism. my very first bhagavad-gita translation was a small paperback edition, published by penguin book publishers. read it some and found it to be a source of wisdom to guide my daily life. nowadays, i use the prabhupada and eknath easwaran translations

of the gita. this was my first exposure to krishna conscious spirituality, way before i personally knew krishna later as a 22 year old back in the late summer of 2005. if i can find out and know who the author is of "the city of nine gates", i will certainly share this with you and see if i can get a softcover version of this fictional novel. have a great night and hare krishna to all of you devotee god-brothers and devotee god-sisters in krishna.yours in faith,roger j. perry

Hare krishnaDandavat PranamsPls. find some referances

http://btg.krishna.com/main.php?id=344

http://www.mcremo.com/ninegates.html

http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/CityOf9Gates.html

Your Servant

Mani

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Bharat Kapadia <bak3143 wrote:

Dear Bhakta Perry,

If you go to the www.amazon.com website and search for the city of nine gates, you will get the following:

City of Nine Gates by Zebulon Dread (Paperback - 1999)

2 Used & new from $17.95

I do not know if it will still be available, but it is worth a try.

Haribol.

Your servant in Krishna Consciousness,Braja Hari das

Bharat Kapadia (Remember God lest God forgets you!)--- On Sun, 11/2/08, Yochanan Perry <muhammad2cool4u wrote:

Yochanan Perry <muhammad2cool4u hare krishna

Date: Sunday, November 2, 2008, 1:40 PM

hare krishna,i just wanted to post a message to at least offer something to say as a krishna devotee. reading my bhagavad-gita and chanting on my japa-beads some, sometimes chant nama-japam without japa-beads.

there was a book i read as a teenager, a fictional novel about gaudiya vaishnava hindusim which first exposed me to krishna conscious hinduism. the name is this fictional novel is titled: " the city of nine gates " .

wish i knew the author who wrote this novel, because if i read it today as a young adult, i would appreciate it more, being able to pick out elements of the story in how it relates to my krishna conscious hinduism. my very first bhagavad-gita translation was a

small paperback edition, published by penguin book publishers. read it some and found it to be a source of wisdom to guide my daily life. nowadays, i use the prabhupada and eknath easwaran translations of the gita. this was my first exposure to krishna conscious

spirituality, way before i personally knew krishna later as a 22 year old back in the late summer of 2005. if i can find out and know who the author is of " the city of nine gates " , i will certainly share this with you and see if i can get a

softcover version of this fictional novel. have a great night and hare krishna to all of you devotee god-brothers and devotee god-sisters in krishna.yours in faith,roger j. perry

-- A pure devotee of the Lord is someone who lives for the welfare of all others. He is always the most compassionate care giver dispensing the supreme medicine of Krishna consciousness for delivering the suffering souls of this age from their misery. There is nothing that compares to the compassion of the pure devotee. He is willing to take birth and birth to save those who are entangled in karma chakra, the wheel of birth and death. Because he has so fully dedicated himself to the deliverance of all others there is no one more dear to Krishna than he. Nor will there ever be anyone more dear. This is confirmed by Lord Sri Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita (18:68-69). If we are somehow or other fortunate to come into the contact of a such an exalted soul we should take full advantage of his mercy by humbly bowing down at his lotus feet and taking all instructions from him regarding we can be fully absorbed in the pure devotional service of Lord Sri Krishna.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare