IndiaDivine.org

Importance of Satsangh.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Radhe Krishna To All, Association of Sadhus is so great. If only one gets Satsangh (association of Sadhus), he attains everything in life . He becomes totally pure. It does not matter how one was earlier. We go to the Holy Ganga for a holy dip. On the way we find lot of gutter water running in streams. We walk across them very carefully and reach the Ganga for the holy dip. After the holy bath we take the holy water in a pot to be given to our relatives and friends at home, after doing puja to the `kalasa' carrying the holy water. But, what is surprising is that the streams of gutter that we saw while going to the Ganga, also finally mix only in the Ganga! It is verily this water that we have brought home in a pot as the holy water and performed puja to it ! Though it was gutter earlier it has become pure on mixing with the holy Ganga ; in the same way, it does not matter what was our state earlier. Once we earn the association of Sadhus we also become pure. As soon as we see such Mahatmas we would feel that we are not sinners, for, if we were sinners would it be possible to get their darshan? Moreover any sin performed gets burnt away on the very darshan of such Mahans. We would feel that there is none as rich as we are because we have got such a Guru Ratnam (Gem of a Guru)! It is enough if we hold tightly to Sadhu sangh (association). Everything is secured through Sadhu Sangh and Sadhu Seva. Through `apachãra' (disrespect) everything is very lost. In Ramayana, initially, we find that Sugreeva (the Vanara king) had lost his kingdom, wife, children, relatives and citizens. He was seated all alone on a mountaintop to save his life from his brother Vali who had abducted his all. But, later we find the same Sugreeva back in his kingdom, enjoying his wealth, wife, children and citizens. What was reason for the great change in his life ? While in distress and all alone he held on to the company of the Sadhu, Hanuman! He held on tightly to Hanuman, the Sadhu - Hanuman, the Mahatma - Hanuman, the Vaishnava Guru, even in such distressing situation. This great Vaishnava brought the Lord (Rama) to him and the Lord got back all that he had lost ! In Sundara Kandam, the description of Sri Lanka as Hanuman makes his entry makes one wonder if the wealth of the kingdom was that of Kubera or Indra or Rudra ! The kingdom overflowed with such wealth. But, at the end of Ramayana we find the same kingdom totally destroyed and the ruler Ravana dead. What is the reason for this? Ravana, lit the tail of the Sadhu Hanuman with fire. Harassment of a Sadhu brought about the downfall of Ravana and his kingdom while embracing a Sadhu Sangha brought about prosperity for Sugreeva. It is only through Satsangh, one earns everything. One can get anything in this world but rare indeed it is to obtain the association of a Sadhu. Sankara says, `Manushatvam (human birth), Mumukshutvam (desire to attain Liberation), Mahapurushasamsrayam (association of a Mahapurusha)'. It is only due to the good merits earned through crores of janmas one gets human birth. And to desire Liberation is rare still. There are crores and crores of people but only a very few desire to attain God. And amongst these, many move away from their path because they do not have a Sadguru. Only a very few are blessed with the association of a great Mahatma, a great Jivan Mukta! This happens only through the Grace of God. Only the one for whom it is the last janma earns the association of such a great Jnani. Once a devotee visited Ramana Maharishi. He came with the thought that he should first meet Seshadri Swamigal, receive his blessings and then receive upadesa from Ramana Maharishi. The people of the town said to him that he desired for impossible things, as it was very difficult to even see Seshadri Swamigal who was always wandering here and there around the Holy Arunachala. As for Ramana Maharishi, he never offered anything by way of upadesa. However, this man who came with deep yearning managed to get Seshadri Swamigal's darshan. Seshadri Swamigal offered him the upadesa, "You have come seeking jnana. What is jnana? Ignore everything.That which cannot be ignored is verily the jnana!" The devotee then went to Maharishi Ramana's Presence. Ramana did not seem to utter anything by way of upadesa to him, though he spent two or three days in his Presence. Unable to wait any longer, one day he wrote a piece of note to the Maharishi, "I desire to take only you as my Guru. But, no upadesa seems to fall from your lips. If you do not bless me with upadesa, I will certainly attain another janma. As I have deemed only you as my Guru, you will also have to take another birth! If you do not intend another janma bless me with upadesa now!" Reading this note, Maharishi, while walking to the dining hall, said, "If there were no Moksha for you in this janma would you have come here?" There was no other upadesa because Ramana says, "I see an Eswara shakti bringing all those who come here!" It is only the Will of Bhagavãn that pulls a person to the Presence of a Mahatma . GOPIKA JEEVANASMARANAM! GOVINDA! GOVINDA!" Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare