IndiaDivine.org

The Uddhava Gita Starts.. part 2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Part 2

"The Uddhava-Gita" starts

40-41. My dear King, Uddhava was a constantly faithful follower of Lord Krisna. Upon seeing the imminent departure of the Yadavas, hearing from them of the Lord’s instructions and taking note of the fearful omens, he approached the Personality of Godhead in a private place. He bowed down with his head at the lotus feet of the supreme controller of the universe and with folded hands addressed Him as follows.

42. Sri Uddhava said: O my Lord, O supreme God among all the demigods, real piety is invoked simply by hearing and chanting Your transcendental glories. My Lord, it appears that You will now withdraw Your dynasty, and thus You Yourself will finally give up Your pastimes within this universe. You are the supreme controller and the master of all mystic power. But although You are fully capable of counteracting the brahmanas’ curse against Your dynasty, You are not doing so, and Your disappearance is imminent