IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: The Self is Free from Mineness, Egoism and Desire

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna. Therefore one who thinks himself the only doer, not considering the five factors, is certainly not very intelligent and cannot see things as they are. One who is not motivated by false ego, whose intelligence is not entangled, though he kills men in this world, is not the slayer. Nor is he bound by his actions. GITA 18:16/17 This country, this city, this town, this house is not our Home. Our Home is God's home. We are His ansh (part of Paramatma). This is the easiest of all. We are mere travellers in this world. Only God is mine. We have to go to our own home. "Ishvar Ansh, Jeev Avinaashi, Chetan, Amal, Sahaj Sukhraashi". The entire Universe is merely an evolute of Nature. 'All our five senses and our mind (intellect) are all established in Prakriti (Nature)' (Gita 3:27). There is no you,

me, this, that. "manasashtaani indiryaani" The five elements, mind, intellect and ego are all part of the lower nature while the Self is the Higher Nature. We are truly the essence, the part, the element of Paramatma. We should not get established in egoism, we should get established in God.'The self, though situated in the body, neither acts nor gets tainted.' (Gita 13:31). It is due to egoism, it believes it is the doer. This is not our work. We being a part (ansh) of Paramatma, He being the father, it is all His. If we become established in God, and not in egoism, our work will be done. This Nature and it's evolutes are not ours. Egoism, being a part of Nature, it is inert. Even though being established in this body we are neither doers, nor enjoyers. "I am" this I has been attached to "am" but actually we are only "IS" (Hu). All of this due to the illusive

powers of Maya, makes us attach "I" to it. Just like "I slept well". All these things in nature are established in nature, but we are not any of these things. Due to having affinity we nature, we develop a relationship with gunas (qualities) such as purity, passion, inertia etc. It is due to egoism alone that it considers itself to be the doer. The minute he believes he is doer, he becomes the enjoyer. But if you are not a doer, how can you be the enjoyer. You are not in the least bit the doer. The department of the senses, is separate from the Self. Only the gunas (qualities) do. It is due to this sangh (association) with gunas (qualities) that man becomes trapped. But the truth is we are Nirgun (without any attributes and qualities). Inspite of residing in this body, we are beyond, qualities and attributes. Just like the sun - though it lights up the entire world, it neither acts, nor gets attached to any action

that is done in its light. This is all very clear. Lot of good and bad work takes place in the light of the Sun. but the Sun has nothing to do with it. It is due to affinity with the gunas, that one becomes the doer, or the enjoyer. This is false association. "Anaaditvaa, nirgunaatvaa" I am not in them and they are not in Me. During sound sleep, the self always remains though the mind, ego and intellect merge in ignorance. The Self is free from mineness, egoism and desire. We should realise and accept this fact. We should therefore detach ourselves from these. It isonly because of our created attachment to these that the Self is not liberated.A man of perverse understanding looks upon the Self as the doer. He does not see the Truth. (Gita 18:16). Gita 18:17 is a very important verse. 'He who is free from egoism and whose intellect is not tainted, though he may slay all beings, he neither slays, nor is bound.'

This is a fact. It is the Truth. Therefore there is no doership in the Self. There is no egoism (Nahamkrito bhaavo). Such a great point. This bondage, this attachment, this ignorance, is all not in us, it is totally apart and separate from Us (Self). He who sees with the light of knowledge (jnaana chakshu, vivek chakshu), truly sees. Paramatma gives Arjun divya chakshu (divine vision) to be able to see this. But we can get to see this with Jnana chakshu (with light of knowledge), light of scriptures. We (Our Self) are different from the body. This is perceived by the eyes of wisdom. Human life is meant to be perceived by the eyes of wisdom. Satsang gives light. Darkness is wiped out completely.