IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavan Krishna's Compassion !!!! ( True Event )

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Krishna Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Bhaktas ,

The life-story of Sri Poonthanam is very interesting . In spite of being illiterate in Sanskrit and unsound in Vedic scriptures his selfless Krishna-bhakti attained him Bhagavan's grace.

Ignoring his limitations, Poonthanam conducted *Guruvayoor-Satsangs* and literary works with great enthusiasm . Whenever mistakes caused public humiliation, Bhagavan spoke out for him from the Sri Kovil . ( Read the legends in Sri Kottarathil Shankunny's master piece *Iythihyamala*) .

Correction of Jnanappana's Draft

After compiling his book Jnanappana , Poonthanam approached Sri Melpathoor Narayana Bhattathiri ( author Narayaneeyam) for correction . Melpathoor was a blessed devotee . However, as a reputed Sanskrit scholar , he too was dismissive about the local Malayalam poetry. Thus he returned Poonthanam with the comment " Is there any grammar in the local language warranting my time ? You may contact a local Poet ".

Not withstanding this rejection , the innocent Poonthanam did not take it an insult and considered self to be fortunate for having spoken to the blessed Master .

That night, Melpathoor could not sleep . The previously cured Rheumatism reappeared. Finally, he had a short nap wherein *swapna-darshan* occurred with Bhagavan stating " Poonthanam's *Vibhakti* (knowledge) might not be sound like you , but his *Bhakti* dwarfs yours " .

A shell-shocked Melpathoor came to his senses and started repenting his ill treatment of the innocent Poonthanam . Next morning itself, he rushed to Poonthanam's house and rendered a tearful apology . Melpathoor sat there and checked the draft of Jnanappana, but to his great surprise could not find a single mistake .

( Bhagavan Krishna Himself have already corrected that Draft !! ) .

Mistakes in Poonthanam's Satsangs

Poonthanam used to conduct Bhagavatam discourses at Guruvayoor temple . Many ordinary devotees and scholars used to attend it .

Because of his limited knowledge, Poonthanam used to rely heavily on common sense to explain the finer concepts of Bhagavatam.

Once such a discourse had been in progress . The storey was about Rukmini's marriage to Sri Krishna . (Rukmini's parents had decided her marriage with king Sishupala, but she wants to marry Sri Krishna . Rukmini desperately sends a Brahmin to Krishna requesting to marry her and Bhagavan fulfils her wish ).

Poonthanam bluntly stated that Rukmini had sent a letter to Krishna expressing her deep desire to marry Him. A Brahmin-scholar in the audience got annoyed at this wrong statement . He openly challenged Poonthanam to show where it is stated in the Bhagavatham.

Poor Poonthanam felt helpless and tears filled his eyes as the audience started laughing at his misery .

Thus came Bhagavan's voice from Sri Kovil " Poonthanam is right . I received such a letter from Rukmini ; It might be missing from the book ".

On another occasion , Poonthanam mis-spelled *Amara Prabhu* ( Eternal Lord) as Mara-Prabhu . This time too , the Scholars in the audience cornered the helpless Poonthanam . But, Bhagavan spoke out from Sri Kovil " Poonthanam has said the truth . I am Mara-Prabhu as well . If I am not the Lord of trees , Who else is ? "

Bhagavan Sri Krishna says in Srimad Bhagavad Gita , 10.10-11 :

" Those whose minds are devoted to Me worship Me with great joy. I Myself give to them the yoga of wisdom, by which they can come to Me . Only out of compassion to these Bhaktas, I dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge, the darkness born of ignorance. "

Om Namo Narayanaya !!!

Krishnadaya