IndiaDivine.org

Narasimha lila

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lord Nrsimhadev shows His mercy even to a non devotee.

Yasoda Mata's 85-year-old foster father passed away two months ago.

During his stay in the hospital, Yasoda Mata prepared a tape recorder and

played the Hare Krsna Maha Mantra all day long in his ward. Her foster

father was actually in semi-coma, but miraculously when he heard the Maha

mantra, gradually he awoke and with closed eyes he appeared to enjoying the

music and the sound vibration.

He started to follow the tempo by tapping his hand on the edge of his bed.

His finger ring made the sound like " don, don don " " don, don don ........ "

He

looked like he was totally meditating on the Maha mantra. Suddenly he spoke,

" Look! There is a huge 5 clawed man, and his head looks just like a lion's,

he is coming into my ward. Don't you see him? He is coming .... " The foster

father still with eyes closed said " Oh, yes, I forgot you all cannot see

him, but he is really here.  I do not know who He is? "

At that moment Yasoda Mata and her daughters looked at each other in great

surprise and answered. " Father, He is Lord Nrsimhadev " . " What dev ??? I

don't know Him.  But He is nodding His head to tell me that He is. "

Yashoda mata felt great ecstasy in hearing this for in her house she keeps a

model of the Nrsimha Deity from Mayapur and had been offering heart felt

prayers to Him so that her father could leave the body without any

attachment and that his soul can become Krishna's devotee in his next birth.

Continuously her father said, " Look, He is smiling to me and starting to

speak again .i Oh, He is telling me that I have to learn to chant what you

are

chanting now.... what exactly are you chanting ? " He said.

" It is a mantra to call the holy name of Lord " Yasoda Mata replied.

" I don't know what mantra, but please teach Me. " he said.

" All right father, please repeat after me and listen carefully -- Hare

Krishna, Hare Krishna......... " Yasoda Mata taught her foster father word by

word patiently. Without taking a long time, he learned and tried to

chant.... and   chanted so nicely.

The next day he passed away with tranquility.

During that weekend, we devotees here congregated together to do the kirtan

for Yasoda Mata's father at the memorial service. Yasoda Mata prepared the

prasadam garland, Ganga water, tulasi, and put tilak on her father, which

have all been done nicely and properly according to her guru maharaj H.H.

Giridhari Swami's telephone instruction. Her foster father's face looked so

peaceful, his cheeks were a little pink, and his body was soft. After some

customary ceremonies the body was sent to the incinerator. A Few hours later

the people who work in the memorial service came to us and exclaimed in

amazement - " We have never seen anyone's ashes look so white and beautiful

like jade as your father's! What happened to him? What were you chanting for

him? " " Could you write it down for us? We want to learn and we think we can

also chant while doing our service here. "

Why the Lord Himself personally appeared before someone who we consider is

not a devotee proves the sastric statement - that if one is always engaged

in the devotional service of the Lord, their family members will be

benefited as well.

Take advantage of this rare opportunity of this human form of life.  There are 8,400,000 different species of life through which we are rotating lifetime after lifetime. So getting a human body is not an every day affair. This most auspicious opportunity only comes after many millions of lifetimes in the lower species. Anyone who does not utilize their human life for self-realization is making the greatest mistake. When this happens it is the greatest tragedy, and unfortunately today this neglect of the human form has become the standard behavior for the entire human society. What can be done? We must first ourselves become solidly situated in Krishna consciousness and then do the highest welfare activity of spreading to everyone else all over the world.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Guest guest

Pranamam Manikandanji,

Thank you so much Manikandanji for sharing the story.

If we are chanting Maha manthra "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna ,Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare hare" 100% sure Bhagavan will come to us.

With Prayers

jayasankar Vattekkat

--- On Tue, 5/5/09, manikantan <manikantank wrote:

manikantan <manikantank[Guruvayur] Narasimha lila"kanaiyyadesh" <kanaiyyadesh (AT) googl (DOT) com>, koottala, " Moderator" , "guruvayur Moderator" <guruvayur >, "Govindadwipa Moderator" <Govindadwipa >, jayshreekrishna , prerna231 Date: Tuesday, 5 May, 2009, 11:55 PM

Lord Nrsimhadev shows His mercy even to a non devotee.Yasoda Mata's 85-year-old foster father passed away two months ago.During his stay in the hospital, Yasoda Mata prepared a tape recorder andplayed the Hare Krsna Maha Mantra all day long in his ward. Her fosterfather was actually in semi-coma, but miraculously when he heard the Mahamantra, gradually he awoke and with closed eyes he appeared to enjoying themusic and the sound vibration.He started to follow the tempo by tapping his hand on the edge of his bed.His finger ring made the sound like "don, don dondon, don don ........ "Helooked like he was totally meditating on the Maha mantra. Suddenly he spoke,"Look! There is a huge 5 clawed man, and his head looks just like a lion's,he is coming into my ward. Don't you see him? He is coming ...." The fosterfather still with eyes closed said "Oh, yes, I forgot

you all cannot seehim, but he is really here. I do not know who He is?"At that moment Yasoda Mata and her daughters looked at each other in greatsurprise and answered. "Father, He is Lord Nrsimhadev". "What dev ??? Idon't know Him. But He is nodding His head to tell me that He is."Yashoda mata felt great ecstasy in hearing this for in her house she keeps amodel of the Nrsimha Deity from Mayapur and had been offering heart feltprayers to Him so that her father could leave the body without anyattachment and that his soul can become Krishna's devotee in his next birth.Continuously her father said, "Look, He is smiling to me and starting tospeak again .i Oh, He is telling me that I have to learn to chant what youarechanting now.... what exactly are you chanting ?" He said."It is a mantra to call the holy name of Lord" Yasoda Mata replied." I don't know what mantra, but please teach

Me." he said."All right father, please repeat after me and listen carefully -- HareKrishna, Hare Krishna..... ...." Yasoda Mata taught her foster father word byword patiently. Without taking a long time, he learned and tried tochant.... and chanted so nicely.The next day he passed away with tranquility.During that weekend, we devotees here congregated together to do the kirtanfor Yasoda Mata's father at the memorial service. Yasoda Mata prepared theprasadam garland, Ganga water, tulasi, and put tilak on her father, whichhave all been done nicely and properly according to her guru maharaj H.H.Giridhari Swami's telephone instruction. Her foster father's face looked sopeaceful, his cheeks were a little pink, and his body was soft. After somecustomary ceremonies the body was sent to the incinerator. A Few hours laterthe people who work in the memorial service came to us and exclaimed

inamazement - "We have never seen anyone's ashes look so white and beautifullike jade as your father's! What happened to him? What were you chanting forhim?Could you write it down for us? We want to learn and we think we canalso chant while doing our service here."Why the Lord Himself personally appeared before someone who we consider isnot a devotee proves the sastric statement - that if one is always engagedin the devotional service of the Lord, their family members will bebenefited as well.Take advantage of this rare opportunity of this human form of life. There are 8,400,000 different species of life through which we are rotating lifetime after lifetime. So getting a human body is not an every day affair. This most auspicious opportunity only comes after many millions of lifetimes in the lower species. Anyone who does not utilize their human life for self-realization is making the

greatest mistake. When this happens it is the greatest tragedy, and unfortunately today this neglect of the human form has become the standard behavior for the entire human society. What can be done? We must first ourselves become solidly situated in Krishna consciousness and then do the highest welfare activity of spreading to everyone else all over the world.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!