IndiaDivine.org

RE. Sri Krishna and Other-Gods...( The Difference ???..)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and His Bhaktas ,

Replying to my post on "Sri Krishna and Other-Gods" , a Devotee has pointed out the *Moksha* attained by some devotees of Vishnu , Vittal , Shiva , Rama , etc ( see below).

I do agree that, these exceptional devotees have attained *Moksha* by worshipping their *Ishta-devas* . However, please understand that they were not ordinary men . They were incarnations of great Devotees and great Gurus appeared at the right time to guide their Bhakti-yoga to success . For example, while Prahlada was in his mother's womb, Shri Narada advised *Vishnu-mantra* to his mother . The initiation to * Vishnu-sadhana * was done in the womb itself . Such things happen in the case of great devotees who are destined to implement divine will .

However, ordinary people like us, should follow, Bhagavan Sri Krishna's advice given in Srimad Bhagavad-Gita . If we look closely at Gita , Bhagavatham and Narayaneeyam , the emphasis is to worship Sri Krishna as *Ishata-deva* . Maha-Vishnu , Rama , Shiva, Vittal, Venakatesha , etc are different forms of Sri Krishna . it is up to an individual to select a preferred *Ishta-deva* suiting his taste . A person associated with a particular Vishnu-form in previous birth will continue the worship of same Form in this life too . As such there is no confusion in the case of pure devotees .

Maha-Vishnu resides in Sri Vaikuntam . Purest Bhakti-yoga is required to attain Him who is not easily attainable even to the Devas . Sri Rama was the king and the embodiment of virtues . Only a very virtuous person complying with Rama's ideology can attain him . However, Sri Krishna is the down to earth common man's Deity . He was a Cowherd, Charioteer , Soldier , Teacher , Friend. Lover etc and in all those humble roles he interacted freely with his Bhaktas and partook their humble offerings . Krishna always calls Himself *Bhakta-dasa* ( servant of devotees) . This supreme compassion and easy availability has made Sri Krishna the most popular Hindu God .

The uniqueness of Sri Krishna is His willingness to make Himself available to His sincere Bhaktas regardless of their knowledge or any other qualifications . All what matters to Him is the Bhakti and nothing else . And Bhagavan categorically conveys this divine message through His scriptures Gita, Bhagavatham and Narayaneeyam .

Srimad Narayaneeyam confirms :

Sri Krishna immediately comes forward and blesses His Bhakthas even without being requested by them . …1.8

Sri Krishna is omnipotent and the embodiment of all virtue and therefore He has the unique power to grant supreme bliss to His Bhakthas instead of only desired objects, in contrast to other gods. Those who realise this truth are blessed at every step they take towards Bhagavan ……. 1.9

Bhakthi Yoga is recommended by great Rishis to be far superior to Karma Yoga or Jnana Yoga . It can be attained effortlessly through intense love for Sri Krishna's divine form……….. 2.7

Those Bhakthas who constantly chant Sri Krishna's names and worship Bhagavan's divine form have all their righteous wishes fulfilled by HIM and are indeed the most blessed souls………3.1

Nothing is impossible for one who has been blessed by Sri Krishna . Innumerable Bhakthas of Krishna have been liberated from their sorrows and worldly ties by HIS mercy. …3.3

Chanting Krishna's names and singing His praises is a sweet pleasure from the start . As Bhakti becomes more intense it eliminates all suffering and ultimately it leads the mind to the path of supreme knowledge and bliss. What more can a Bhaktha crave for?........3.6

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev. -------"nothingisimmposible" <uscanmexico Wed May 6, 2009 11:15 pm Re: Sri Krishna and Other-Gods....( The Difference ??? ) Can you please explain further, for example Prahallada was a kid and attained moksha by praying to Vishnu. Kannappa attained Moksha by praying to Shiva Tukaram by praying to Vittal. Ramadasu prayed Rama, Annamiah prayed toVenkateshwara.All these gods are different incarnation of the same God and I know that was Dashavatara. -------- , "srikrishnadasa_rajeev"<srikrishnadasa.rajeev wrote:

Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and His Bhaktas ,

Responding to my previous post "Who is God ?", Sri Sasiji has requested to clarify further the related scriptural clause 9.22 in Srimad Bhagavad Gita .

Many people are confused about the numerous Hindu Deities . Many Hindus worship all available Deities , without focusing on any *Ishta-deva* . Some fortune seekers worship even non-Vedic Deities like Jesus and Allah to avoid any missing-out .

Advaita-fanatics ( Maya-vadis) dismiss Deity-worship as inferior . Instead, they seek the formless "Brahman". However, they are ignoring Adi-Shankara's instruction - : " Bhaja Govidam , Bhaja Govindam , Govindam Bhaja Muta-mate ! " ( Worship Govinda , you FOOL !!! ).

In order to attain quick God-realization , it is crucial to remain focused by worshipping an Ishta-deva . A Devotee must meditate Bhagavan Sri Krishna as Ishta-deva. This was proved by the great Sri Bhishma . Looking at Sri Krishna and fixing the mind on HIM, Bhishma recited * Vishnu Sahasranamam* and attained Mukti . Anyone remembering Bhagavan Krishna at the time of death , attains Vishnu-loka .

*Srimad Narayaneeyam* describes the difference between Sri Krishna and Other-Gods

*Narayaneeyam * is the latest approved Vedic-scripture . It bears the personal stamp of approval by Bhagavan Sri Krishna . And It decrees :

· Although God-realization is easily available in Krishna-Bhakti , Foolish people worship Other-Gods . Only worship of Sri Krishna destroys sorrows…(1.2)

· Sri Vyasa-deva has identified Sri Krishna as pure * Sathva* , free from all impurities of *Rajas* and *Tamas*. Meditation of Krishna leads a Person to easy God-realization . …..(1.3)

· Just because of sympathy , Other-Gods may fulfill some wishes of their Worshippers . Due to this reward-giving , they remain as Gods . But Bhagavan Krishna is *Antaryamin* of everyone including Other-Gods . Fortunate people worship Bhagavan and He bestows Himself totally to them ……. ( 1.9) .

· Egoistic Maya-Vadis reject the easy path of Bhakti-Yoga . They adopt rationalistic Philosophical-search to attain *Brahman* . Without achieving mental-purity due to their waywardness , these Maya-Vadis struggle in so many births ……. ( 2.9) .

· From the Mahabharata episodes of Vrikasura, Bhrigu-Muni , the Mohini incarnation, King Ambarisha and others, it is firmly established that Sri Krishna's glory is superior to Lord Shiva and all Other-Gods . Only Sri Krishna ( Maha-Vishnu) is the *Nishkala* (attribute-less) Supreme Brahman . Other-Gods like Shiva, Brahma are only *Sakala* ( qualified, attributive) forms of Supreme Brahman . Bhagavan Sri Krishna is Supreme Brahman, the essence of all Gods...(90.1)

· God has Five-fold aspects as TRINITY . They are Brahma , Vishnu , Siva , Sadasiva and Iswara . Shaivites argue on this basis that Shiva is supreme . The truth is , Sri Krishna alone manifests as all these five forms of God,,,,,.….90.2 .

· Adi Shankara who is most impartial , worshipped Sri Krishna as *Ishta-deva* . He wrote Commentaries only on Krishna based vedic hymns like Vishnu Sahasranama and Bhagavadgita . In the end, he attained Mukti singing praises of Sri Krishna ……. (90.5)

· At the commencement of his Treatise on *Mantra Sastra* (Prapanchasara), Sri Shankara eulogizes Sri Krishna as the Supreme God of all including TRINITY. While explaining *Pranava* too, Shankaracharya identifies Sri Krishna as both *Nishkala* and *Sakala* . And recommends to meditate Bhagavan Sri Krishna………(90.6)

Explanation of Srimad Bhagavad-Gita , Chapter 9, Sloka – 22 & 23 .

Gita Chapter 9 , Sloka 22

anan yas cintayanto mam ye janah paryupasate tesam nit yabhi yuktanam yoga-ksemam vahamy aham

Synonyms

ananyah--having no other object; cintayantah--concentrating; mam--on Me; ye--those who; janah--persons; paryupasate--properly worship; tesam--of them; nitya--always; abhiyuktanam--fixed in devotion; yoga--requirements; ksemam--protection; vahami--carry; aham--I.

Translation

But those who always worship Me with exclusive devotion, meditating on My transcendental form--to them I carry what they lack, and I preserve what they have.

Purport

One who is unable to live for a moment without Krsna consciousness cannot but think of Krsna twenty-four hours a day, being engaged in devotional service by hearing, chanting, remembering, offering prayers, worshiping, serving the lotus feet of the Lord, rendering other services, cultivating friendship and surrendering fully to the Lord . Such activities are all auspicious and full of spiritual potencies, which make the Devotee perfect in self-realization . And his only desire is to achieve the association of the Supreme Personality of Godhead . Such a Devotee undoubtedly approaches Bhagavan without any difficulty . This is called yoga . By the mercy of Bhagaan, such a devotee never comes back to this material condition of life . *Ksema* refers to the merciful protection of Bhagavan . Sri Krishna helps the devotee to achieve Krishna consciousness by yoga . And Bhagavan protects him from falling down to the miserable conditions of life.

Gita Chapter 9 , Sloka 23

ye 'py anya-devata-bhakta yajante sraddhayanvitah te 'pi mam eva kaunteya yajanty avidhi-purvakam

Synonyms

ye--those who; api--also; anya--of other; devata--gods; bhaktah--devotees; yajante--worship; sraddhaya anvitah--with faith; te--they; api--also; mam--Me; eva--only; kaunteya--O son of Kunti; yajanti--they worship; avidhi-purvakam--in a wrong way.

Translation

Those who are devotees of other Gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me, O son of Kunti, but they do so in a wrong way.

Purport

According to Sri Krishna , those Persons who worship Other-Gods, are not very intelligent, although such worship indirectly reaches Krishna. For example, when a man pours water on the leaves and branches of a tree without pouring water on the root, he does so without sufficient knowledge or without observing the rules. Other-Gods are just different officers in the government of the Supreme God Sri Krishna . One has to follow the laws made by the government, not the personal rules of any Officer . Similarly, everyone should worship the Supreme God as *Ishta-Deva* and treat Other-Gods as Bhagavan's representatives . That will automatically satisfy Other-Gods who are Officers of Bhagavan . To offer some bribe to the Officer is not necessary. This is stated here as *avidhi-purvakam* . In other words, Sri Krishna does not approve the wrong worship of Other-Gods .

Conclusion

The greatest message of Sri Krishna's life-story is , He bestowed God-realization to all His faithful Devotees. Even the illiterate Gopis attained Vishnu-loka due to their focused Krishna-Bhakti .

Hope, the above clarifies your queries . If you have any questions , please ask me.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev.

------------------------> sasi kumar <anjaly255> Cc: > Sun May 3, 2009 4:13 pm> Re: Who is God ? . -anjaly255> <http://profiles./anjaly255>> > Om Srikrishnaya Nama Om Sri Radhasamedah Srikrishnaparamadmane Namo Nama> > Respected Rajeevji,> > I was confused, which God we have to worship, from the very begining I> am ardent believer of Lord Krishna, Could you explain to me the meaning> of one sloka of Srimath Gita,> > Chapter 9 sloka 22,> > Ananyaachinthayantho Maam yeh Janaa paruyupaasathe> Thesham Nithyabheyukthanam yogashemam vahamiyaham.> > Is it means I am the only God and Forget all others and believe in me> then I will take care of your all things. Please give me detailed> translation , this is helpful to others too.> > Om Namo Narayanaya, Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya,> > Sasi Nair.