IndiaDivine.org

Dialogue between a Bhakta and an Atheist...( Part - 1 )

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and Bhakthas ,

Jawahar ( Atheist ) : O Ram ! Please show me your Bhagavan of whom you speak very highly everyday. If Bhagavan exists, I should see Him with my own eyes now.

Ram ( Bhakta) : I will beat you now with this stick . Please show me your pain in concrete form .

Jawahar : How can I show you my pain, Ram ? Your question is quite absurd. One will have to feel the pain oneself .

Ram : Similar is the case with Bhagavan , also, O Jawahar. You will have to realize Him through constant and intense meditation . He can not be seen by these fleshy eyes, as He is beyond the reach of senses and the mind .

Jawahar : If Bhagavan is beyond the reach of the senses then he should be a non-entity, a mere void, a negative concept , a metaphysical abstraction . I do not wish attain such a negative state of nothingness. I will not gain anything by attaining Him. I am very happy here when I enjoy the different kinds of sensual objects. There is nothing beyond these sensual pleasures. Why do you talk of something beyond the senses? . How could this be ? . I can not believe such things. I am a scientist . I want accurate laboratory proofs.

Ram : Ha ! ha ! ha ! ha ! Well said , Jawahar. You want laboratory proofs ? . You wish to limit the illimitable all pervading-Bhagavan in your test tube, blow pipe and chemicals. Bhagavan is the source of all your chemicals . He is the substratum for your atoms, electrons and molecules. Without Him no atom or electron will move . He is the inner ruler ( Antaryamin) . He is the `Niyanta' ( controller) . Without Him the fire cannot burn, the sun cannot shine, the air cannot move. Without Him you cannot see, cannot talk, cannot hear, cannot think . He is the maker of all scientific laws, the law of gravitation, the law of cohesion, the law of attraction, and repulsion, etc. He is the law-giver. Bow to Him with faith and devotion. You will have a thorough knowledge of the Science of Sciences , Brahma Vidya, through His grace, and attain Moksha .

Jawahar : Is there anything like the Science of sciences ? . I had my education at Oxford and Harvard Universities . I never heard there of a science like this .

Ram : Just note the conversation that took place between Saunaka and Angiras . Saunaka, the greatest `Grihastha' ( Householder) questioned Angiras " Kasmim bhagavo vijnate sarvamidam vijnatam bhavanti "- ( What is that which being known all these become known?)" . Angiras replied : It is Brahma Vidya, the Science of sciences, by knowing which the immortal Brahman is realized ". By knowledge of Brahma Vidya, you hear what cannot be heard ; you perceive what cannot be perceived ; you know what cannot be known and you think what can not be thought of . Just as by the knowledge of a single nugget of gold, all what is made of gold is known, the difference being only a name arising form speech , but the truth being that all is gold . Just as by the knowledge of a single pair of nail-scissors all that is made of iron is known - all modifications being only a name based upon words . But the truth being that all is iron. Thus, O Jawahar , Is that Brahma Vidya or the Science of sciences ?.

Bhagavan Krishna says in Bhagavad-Gita ( Sloka 10.9-11) ; " Those whose minds are fixed on Me and whose lives are surrendered to Me, derive great satisfaction from enlightening one another about my greatness and speaking about Me . Those whose minds are devoted to Me worship Me with great joy. I Myself give to them the yoga of wisdom, by which they can come to Me. Only out of compassion for these Bhaktas, I dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge, the darkness born of ignorance " ."

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev