IndiaDivine.org

Dialogue between a Bhakta and an Atheist .....( Part -2 ) .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and Bhakthas ,

Jawahar ( Atheist ) : O Ram ! How can I believe that Bhagavan exists when I cannot see Him actually with my eyes ?

Ram ( Bhakta) : Though you do not see the stars in the day time, yet they do exist. Though you cannot see the sun during a cloudy day, yet it does exist. Even so though you cannot see Bhagavan with these physical eyes, yet He does exist. If you get the divine eye of intuition ( Jnana Chakshus) by the practice of meditation, you will behold Him.

Jawahar : I think, O Ram ! That there is no such thing as Bhagavan or immortal soul or divine eyes or eternal bliss of the soul . It is all the wild imaginations of the so-called `Vedantins' and `Bhaktas' . Just as red color is produced by the combination of lime, nut and betel leaves, so also this body is formed by the combination of five elements. This body only is the soul . There is nothing beyond this body . There is nothing beyond sensual enjoyments . The philosophy of flesh or the philosophy of Virochana or Epicurean , " Eat, drink, and be merry ", appeals to the most . We should extract as much pleasure as possible from this body and sensual objects . There is no use in practicing penance or self-restraint. We should allow the `Indriyas' to run riot to have a free play with the sensual objects. This is the only wisdom. Fasting, observing `Mouna' ( silence), celibacy, meditation, etc, are the foolish acts of an ignorant man .

Ram : These worldly objects are ephemeral. They wear out the vigor of all senses. Even the longest life is very short. No man can be permanently happy by wealth, sons and woman . Man weeps in old age. He is drowned in sorrow when he loses money, when his wife or son dies, when he develops incurable disease. Nachiketas was not tempted by worldly gifts of Lord Yama . He persisted in attaining the eternal bliss of the Immortal Soul and got it through the instructions of Lord Yama . A passionate, ignorant man, who has neither discrimination not dispassion, who is drowned in worldliness cannot have a clear conception of the Supreme `Tattva' .

Jawahar : O Ram ! Nature only does everything. Why should we accept the existence of Bhagavan ? Nature is everything. This world can go on without Bhagavan. Nature manage everything.

Ram : Nature is not independent . She is the hand-maid of Bhagavan . Nature is His `Yoga-maya' ( illusionary power) . Just as clay to Potter, so is Nature to Bhagavan. When Bhagavan gazes at the `Prakrti' or Nature , creations manifest . Bhagavan is the Primum mobile. He sets the `Prakrti' in motion . Then the `Prakrti' starts Her activities . Just as heat inseparable from the fire, so also `Yoga-maya' is inseparable from Bhagavan . Just as the power of burning inherent in fire, so also `Yoga-maya' is inherent in Bhagavan .

Bhagavan Krishna says in Bhagavad-Gita ( Sloka 9.6-14) ;

Just like the all-pervasive Wind rests always in the sky which is separate from it ; all living beings are situated in Me.

When the universal devastation occurs at the end of the millennium, all living beings enter in to Me . And at the beginning of the next millennium , I again create them all by My `Yoga-Maya', in accordance with their specific natures.

Through My `Yoga-Maya'( Nature ) , I repeatedly create this host of living beings who are bound by their *Karma* , according to their individual natures.

Since, I remain detached from such acts as creation, like a neutral observer, these actions cannot bind Me.

It is under My direction that the entire cosmic manifestation and all moving and non-moving beings are brought forth by My `Yoga-maya'. For this reason, the material world is created and annihilated again and again .

When I appear in My human-like form, foolish people with mundane intelligence disrespect Me, because they cannot know My nature as the Supreme Lord of the entire universe.

The hopes of such foolish people for liberation, their fruitful actions and their culture of knowledge all go in vain. Thus, with their minds distracted, they adopt the deluded nature of Atheists and Asuras (Demons).

On the other hand, great souls who have embraced the divine nature, knowing Me as the prime source of all lives and the imperishable eternal, worship Me constantly with none else in mind.

Constantly chanting the glories of My names, Qualities,Form and Pastimes, endeavoring with determined Vows and bowing down before Me; they constantly engage in My worship. They remain united with Me, at all times.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev